Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A word from our King….

War Attack GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Yeah ironic Essendon lose the draft period when they start making sense. Don’t think Bummers fans will care much about the rating
B Scott wasted 2 years though, even though they might be correcting their list the amount of time to fix it means at least 1 more coach killer year and hopefully more turmoil . Let’s hope the universe keeps the foot on the throat of the scum.

Ch 7 rated us 8/10. Pretty good for us!
The stand out feature this year is that we nailed our objectives.

Last year's trade period worked out brilliantly in hindsight but that involved a lot of last minute opportunistic moves when some unwanted players popped up like Ginnivan and Chol. Our primary objective involved Ben McKay which fell short, and then Ratugolea as second choice (thankfully missed both in hindsight). The year before our primary objective was to strengthen the draft hand with early picks which we weren’t able to do as clubs saw we were a bit desperate to offload Mitchell and O'Meara and Bowes chose Geelong for the gift.

This year we wanted Battle and wanted Barrass. We courted them, they both chose Hawthorn over other options and we got the deals done. Battle for free and Barrass for a fair deal for a contracted player. That’s the product of having a successful season on field – you can get done what you want to get done.

Last edited:
Very happy with that trade period.

Was hoping for some unexpected spice/bonus players at some point. Our midfield still needs that extra ingredient and I'd love a key forward.

But we've left the trade period with a much better list than we walked in with.

A lot of strange moves from different clubs. Port being the absolute weirdest of them all. Collingwood a lot like last year where they seem to claim victory for some high priced imports that don't fit a real need. What the hell were GWS doing? Lost 3 free agents and Peatling and brought in Stringer. Lucky they've got an endless talent pool.

I think Adelaide did really well. Freo picked up a cherry on top player and Melbourne's inability to offload Oliver for a beneficial exchange is a massive burden to carry into next year.

So suppose it was all one trade:

Hawks
Out pick 14, F1, F2, F3
In Barass, F1 Carl F2 Carl F4 WCE

Carlton
Out M Owies F1 F2 pick 12 pick 73
In Pick 3 (wce) pick 63 (wce) pick 68 (wce)

Richmond
Out Liam Baker
In pick 14 (haw)

WCE
Out pick 3 pick 63 pick 68 F4
In M Owies pick 12 (Carl) pick 73 (Carl) F1 (haw) F2 (haw) F3 (haw)

Given Owies was un contracted, Barass has 3 years contract. Not sure about Baker

OR

Was it all agreed at the start, just split into trades to get round rules or scrutiny, but if eagles agreed to that willingly, questions should be asked

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy with that trade period.

Was hoping for some unexpected spice/bonus players at some point. Our midfield still needs that extra ingredient and I'd love a key forward.

But we've left the trade period with a much better list than we walked in with.

A lot of strange moves from different clubs. Port being the absolute weirdest of them all. Collingwood a lot like last year where they seem to claim victory for some high priced imports that don't fit a real need. What the hell were GWS doing? Lost 3 free agents and Peatling and brought in Stringer. Lucky they've got an endless talent pool.

I think Adelaide did really well. Freo picked up a cherry on top player and Melbourne's inability to offload Oliver for a beneficial exchange is a massive burden to carry into next year.

Even with same starting midfield there’s the option of Weddle Sicily etc pushing into the play more, along with small forwards and Hardwick

So suppose it was all one trade:

Hawks
Out pick 14, F1, F2, F3
In Barass, F1 Carl F2 Carl F4 WCE

Carlton
Out M Owies F1 F2 pick 12 pick 73
In Pick 3 (wce) pick 63 (wce) pick 68 (wce)

Richmond
Out Liam Baker
In pick 14 (haw)

WCE
Out pick 3 pick 63 pick 68 F4
In M Owies pick 12 (Carl) pick 73 (Carl) F1 (haw) F2 (haw) F3 (haw)

Given Owies was un contracted, Barass has 3 years contract. Not sure about Baker

OR

Was it all agreed at the start, just split into trades to get round rules or scrutiny, but if eagles agreed to that willingly, questions should be asked
Who says no? 😂
It doesn't look so horrible for WCE without Barass in the outs.

Wonder if we can trade our F1 and 33 for Sydney’s 19 and 22.

We'd need an F3 back in the deal to be allowed to trade our F1

Yes, but it just means we'd have to get one back in the trade. Wouldn't be too hard to include a F3 to Eagles F4 slide to get the deal done.

E.g. Rich give us Pick 18 + F3 for Carl F1 + Eagles F4

As many have already said, it's the improvement to come that's exciting. We got 2 excellent players and we didn't overpay.
Barras and battle allow Frosty to play on less dangerous towards. They allow others to go up the ground. There will be improvement in players like Ginni and Chol who have now played a season in our system. Ward and Fenchie to improve, shit, I think we might see a little more out of Morrison too. CJ, Lewis,Blanck to get fit. I won't jump the gun because from now on we will be the hunted...but damn I'm happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back