Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Would need wheels

ZL Household Small Elderly Battery Car Pick-up Children Electric Trycycle Elderly Scooter

Tom Papley
Tom is recovering well from his ankle sprain. He will likely miss a further 2 – 3 weeks.

Lewis Melican
Lewis is a test to return this Friday night from his hamstring tightness.

Dane Rampe
Dane is a test to return to play this weekend against Collingwood.

Patrick Snell
Patrick is building his running speed and rehab skills exposure. He will likely miss another match.

Justin McInerney
Justin is continuing with his leg strengthening and off legs conditioning. Likely to miss another 3-4 weeks.

Jacob Konstanty
Jacob has commenced leg strengthening and off legs conditioning.

Jack Buller
Jack Buller is now 8 weeks post-surgery. He is aiming to commence running in the next week.

Jmac back for week 1 knock out final

Hopefully goes good from here
If we have somehow been poor enough to end up in an elimination final rather than a qualifying final, then we ain't winning the flag. In which case I don't even know if I'd bother risking McInerney. Just wrap him in cotton wool so he's right to go for a big pre-season.

Tom Papley
Tom is recovering well from his ankle sprain. He will likely miss a further 2 – 3 weeks.

Lewis Melican
Lewis is a test to return this Friday night from his hamstring tightness.

Dane Rampe
Dane is a test to return to play this weekend against Collingwood.

Patrick Snell
Patrick is building his running speed and rehab skills exposure. He will likely miss another match.

Justin McInerney
Justin is continuing with his leg strengthening and off legs conditioning. Likely to miss another 3-4 weeks.

Jacob Konstanty
Jacob has commenced leg strengthening and off legs conditioning.

Jack Buller
Jack Buller is now 8 weeks post-surgery. He is aiming to commence running in the next week.

I kinda hate myself for thinking it ... but if (?) the club intends to delist Konstanty, then all this rehab feels like putting a new engine in a car you intend to send to the scrap yard.

I kinda hate myself for thinking it ... but if (?) the club intends to delist Konstanty, then all this rehab feels like putting a new engine in a car you intend to send to the scrap yard.
We have a responsibility to look after players while they are with us. Anything other than that would be pretty poor.

We have a responsibility to look after players while they are with us. Anything other than that would be pretty poor.
I agree completely. The club will maintain a professional approach.

Its just my perverse feeling that I'll be disappointed if Konstanty gets delisted without ever really showing what he's capable of.

If it happens, he'll be mostly remembered as a first-round bust who maimed the skipper.

AFL.com.au weekly summary:

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURNLAST WEEK'S UPDATE
Jacob KonstantyFootTBCTBC
Justin McInerneyKnee3-4 weeksTBC
Tom PapleyAnkle2-3 weeks3-5 weeks
Patrick SnellHamstring1 week1-2 weeks

TEST:
Lewis Melican (Hamstring)
Dane Rampe (Calf)

AFL.com.au weekly summary:

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURNLAST WEEK'S UPDATE
Jacob KonstantyFootTBCTBC
Justin McInerneyKnee3-4 weeksTBC
Tom PapleyAnkle2-3 weeks3-5 weeks
Patrick SnellHamstring1 week1-2 weeks

TEST:
Lewis Melican (Hamstring)
Dane Rampe (Calf)

Legit there is zero excuse that is a very very good injury front heading into round 22.

The club has a duty of care for its players as long as they are contracted to the club regardless of its intentions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit there is zero excuse that is a very very good injury front heading into round 22.
Not once this season have I blamed injuries for our form and I still won't. Our form is 100% mental.

Tom Papley
Tom will likely miss a further 1-2 weeks with the ankle sprain suffered against Brisbane.

Lewis Melican
Lewis is a test to return this week from his hamstring tightness.

Patrick Snell
Patrick is a test to return this week from his hamstring strain.

Will Edwards
Will suffered a broken leg against Collingwood in the VFL. He will have surgery this week and will miss the remainder of the season.

Justin McInerney
Justin has commenced running following his PCL injury. Likely to miss another 2-3 weeks.

Jacob Konstanty
Jacob’s foot pain has settled, and he has recommenced running. He is 2-3 weeks away from reintroducing team skills.

Jack Buller
Jack has commenced running. He will aim to build his running speed and volume over the next 4 weeks.

Tom Papley
Tom will likely miss a further 1-2 weeks with the ankle sprain suffered against Brisbane.

Lewis Melican
Lewis is a test to return this week from his hamstring tightness.

Patrick Snell
Patrick is a test to return this week from his hamstring strain.

Will Edwards
Will suffered a broken leg against Collingwood in the VFL. He will have surgery this week and will miss the remainder of the season.

Justin McInerney
Justin has commenced running following his PCL injury. Likely to miss another 2-3 weeks.

Jacob Konstanty
Jacob’s foot pain has settled, and he has recommenced running. He is 2-3 weeks away from reintroducing team skills.

Jack Buller
Jack has commenced running. He will aim to build his running speed and volume over the next 4 weeks.

Wow, I watched the VFL game and had absolutely no idea Will Edwards had done anything serious.

Amazing how frequently we seem to suffer severe injuries & major suspensions in the VFL.

As much as i love JMac if hes not back for the QF, he doesn't get to play any further finals games

Horse has to stick with known quantities

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back