List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're probably underestimating Hayward's wage.
He's a Restricted Free Agent, ie he's in the top 25% of Swans' players by salary. There's also obviously strong interest in him from multiple clubs.

That's not to say we shouldn't go for him. But he'll be on a lot more money than Hewett or Acres.
Probably close to sum of their parts.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

For a Team like us and in our position LDU makes a lot of sense. He would really add something different to our midfield and straight away and only 25 next season

The question is Cost, Professionalism and our other needs

I would definitely be enquiring
Imagine hed cost a ton.

If we had that sort of money I feel like finding another medium or small forward would be ideal.

Even Stengle would be a gamechanger.

For a Team like us and in our position LDU makes a lot of sense. He would really add something different to our midfield and straight away and only 25 next season

Would help avoid a post Cripps dip.

Would help avoid a post Cripps dip.

Start of next year, call it April 2025

Nice spread

Cripps 30
Hewitt 29
Kennedy 27
Cerra 25
Walsh 24
Carroll 22

Rotations/Developing

Campo Boys
Wilson
Ollie
Elijah

For the cost in salary and or picks for LDU who is a mid only, I wouldn't consider it, nor do I think Austin would entertain it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice spread

Cripps 30
Hewitt 29
Kennedy 27
Cerra 25
Walsh 24
Carroll 22

Rotations/Developing

Campo Boys
Wilson
Ollie
Elijah

For the cost in salary and or picks for LDU who is a mid only, I wouldn't consider it, nor do I think Austin would entertain it
Cripps will leave a huge hole regardless. Need to bolster that area.

As with everything, it depends on cost.

I’m not even trying to be funny or arrogant here but he’d be our 5th best mid. Don’t need him

I’m not even trying to be funny or arrogant here but he’d be our 5th best mid. Don’t need him

Not about best, it's about mix and depth. That's my take

He also 25 and Cripps Hewett will be both 30 in 2 years. He would be now and the next generation with Walsh and Cerra

Lot's of considerations IMO

Last edited:

Nice spread

Cripps 30
Hewitt 29
Kennedy 27
Cerra 25
Walsh 24
Carroll 22

Rotations/Developing

Campo Boys
Wilson
Ollie
Elijah

He shouldn

Nice spread

Cripps 30
Hewitt 29
Kennedy 27
Cerra 25
Walsh 24
Carroll 22

Rotations/Developing

Campo Boys
Wilson
Ollie
Elijah

He shouldn’t cost any picks. He’ll be a f/a end of next year

Can’t have too many lashes at that top 10 in the 2017 National draft - bound to get a couple right eventually.

;) :p

Guess they should just quit footy now then.

They've done nothing! Busts! :D

I was looking up some forwards who have been mentioned as maybe available... guys like Hayward and Zurhaar. Both have skills and abilities I like. Zurhaar hits like a train, and Hayward is a pretty slick finisher.

And then I compared them statistically to Jack Silvagni... and dang it, they're remarkably similar.

I definitely think we'd benefit tremendously from another mid-sized forward threat... do we think either of these two fit the bill? Do we already have the guy on the list and he's just hurt?

They've done nothing! Busts! :D

I was looking up some forwards who have been mentioned as maybe available... guys like Hayward and Zurhaar. Both have skills and abilities I like. Zurhaar hits like a train, and Hayward is a pretty slick finisher.

And then I compared them statistically to Jack Silvagni... and dang it, they're remarkably similar.

I definitely think we'd benefit tremendously from another mid-sized forward threat... do we think either of these two fit the bill? Do we already have the guy on the list and he's just hurt?
Both are significantly faster than Jack and Zurhaar considerably stronger. I think Jack has better footy IQ.

Either way, both would start ahead of some of our smalls imo.

Both are significantly faster than Jack and Zurhaar considerably stronger. I think Jack has better footy IQ.

Either way, both would start ahead of some of our smalls imo.

Yeh, they bring genuine weapons our current setup doesn't have. Is there something better out there? Maybe not that's available and affordable.

Yeh, they bring genuine weapons our current setup doesn't have. Is there something better out there? Maybe not that's available and affordable.
Id prefer Curtis from North if he was available. Seems like he's still desperate and hungry, Zurhaar seems to have one foot out the door already (which is fair enough) but feel like he's developed some very selfish traits.

Id prefer Curtis from North if he was available. Seems like he's still desperate and hungry, Zurhaar seems to have one foot out the door already (which is fair enough) but feel like he's developed some very selfish traits.

Zurhaar for me would depend upon if we believe we can get him disciplined and get the best out of him. IMO he has the talent but does he have the personality and work ethic

Zurhaar (at his best) supporting Charlie & Harry is an exciting prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back