List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Train Weitering for CHB. I've been wondering whether he could play the position and I think he could. McGovern just slots straight into Weitering's spot at fullback. I think it could potentially work really well. I've seen Weitering play up the ground at CHB and do really well at times. It would be interesting I give you that.

Contracts can be renegotiated. If this is what he wants, it's his last chance to do it. I think we could do the trade.
please stop making me laugh today.....

Great promise, lost to his body. There's luckless, and then there's Marchbank.

To be brutally honest I think we've all seen in the brief time he's played in the 1s the last yr or 2 you can see he just doesn't move that well anymore.

At his best he would just float across and intercept effortlessly.

Such as shame, but fair play for having such a crack for such a long time.

The human toll aside, if Marchbank is retiring, this forces Austin to fill this spot with a ready made player. Let's get creative.

Excited to see the list of available environmentalists
smelling john cena GIF by Ferdinand

The human toll aside, if Marchbank is retiring, this forces Austin to fill this spot with a ready made player. Let's get creative.
How good would brother McGovern be?

Still under contract but by all reports itā€™s unders

Come to Melbourne for a year or two, win a flag with your brother, ride off into the sunset and eat unlimited McDonaldā€™s and drink unlimited beer

Are we really believing that second round draft pick for a bloke that will possibly be All Australian this year is do-able? Not a chance in hell the eagles let him go, let alone for that little
Probably not, but no club in their right mind fronts anything higher than a mid 2nd round pick for a player who turns 33 at the start of next season no matter how good he has been this year.

Come to Melbourne for a year or two, win a flag with your brother, ride off into the sunset and eat unlimited McDonaldā€™s and drink unlimited beer
You had me at McDonalds but when you threw in beer, I feel JMcGovern would gladly sign with the Navy Blues for next to nothing šŸ˜‚

Love the idea...........

Eating and drinking unlimited amounts of maccas and beer

Homer Drool GIF

I'm not surprised about the Marchbank Rumor, it's been a thought of mine, particularly how he has been playing.

I think we should aim high and try and bring in a quality CHB who's ready to go. We should also line up Jeremy McGovern as an alternative to that if possible.
This is a MUST imho. The last thing we need is another undersized defender in no mans land, playing in the VFL, and offering nothing we dont already have covered. Must be a big bodied CHB I think. I'd take JM in a heartbeat if he came cheaply.

They would be the Left & the Right Bracket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we really believing that second round draft pick for a bloke that will possibly be All Australian this year is do-able? Not a chance in hell the eagles let him go, let alone for that little
Didn't hawks let Mitchell and Hodge walk to other clubs for peanuts late in their careers? Think they were still pretty good at that time, no? Surprising move at that time and I'm not sure I would have done that, but it freed hawks up for the next generation to take charge, and sure didnt cost them any premierships. I reckon something reasonable could be negotiated draft pick wise with WCE and if they're keen on bringing in Carroll, even easier.

The Eagles will let McGovern go for very little. Theyā€™ve just sacked the coach, so are committed to a few years of rebuilding. Mcgovern is close to the end and pretty banged up, spends a fair portion of each season injured and is currently driving cross country because heā€™s got a hole in his lung. Heā€™s not on mega money anymore, but he is still taking up cap space that they can use to target Chad Warner next year. If the eagles are offer a second rounder, they will shake his hand and drive him to the airport.

Didn't hawks let Mitchell and Hodge walk to other clubs for peanuts late in their careers? Think they were still pretty good at that time, no? Surprising move at that time and I'm not sure I would have done that, but it freed hawks up for the next generation to take charge, and sure didnt cost them any premierships. I reckon something reasonable could be negotiated draft pick wise with WCE and if they're keen on bringing in Carroll, even easier.
4th rounders if I remember correctly.
Picks in 60-70 range and I think one of them got them Mitchell Lewis at pick 70 odd. The joke at the time was that they offloaded Mitchell and Lewis for late picks and then picked an unknown prospect who had their name sake.

Eagles would be cheering for anything in the 3rd round for McGov.

The Eagles will let McGovern go for very little. Theyā€™ve just sacked the coach, so are committed to a few years of rebuilding. Mcgovern is close to the end and pretty banged up, spends a fair portion of each season injured and is currently driving cross country because heā€™s got a hole in his lung. Heā€™s not on mega money anymore, but he is still taking up cap space that they can use to target Chad Warner next year. If the eagles are offer a second rounder, they will shake his hand and drive him to the airport.
I think he'd be gettable. And after being paid an absolute fortune for a large portion of his career may be open to taking not a lot to try and win a flag with Mitch. If I were in that situation I'd certainly consider it.

Aren't you one of the posters that wants the injury prone players delisted? Am I missing something here?
Yes in Cuningham, Martin and Marchbank who are lucky to play 5-10 games a year. Mcgovern goes down frequently but has averaged 17 games a season over his career. Someone like Marchbank averages a tick over 7 a season.

He's also a far more proven player and realistically we're never going to be able to bring in a bonafide 2nd KPD without some question marks such as age or injury history with our cap as tight as it is.

Replacing Martin and Cuningham is far more doable via the draft than a KPD as you can select a kid who will have impact in the small forward role day 1. KPD take multiple years just to get their body up to par for the big leagues.

This makes sense. Marchbank has really struggled in the reserves the past few weeks. Surprised he got a call up to the seniors tbh. He looks like he doesn't want to be out there.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back