List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been desperate for pace for at least 2 years now. Never addressed it.
Don't think the list manager or Voss sees this as a problem.

Should have prioritised getting small speedy players first than getting Elijah Hollands.
We needed a lij type, what im annoyed at is the trading back we do instead of going forward and getting the best kid for a specific deficiency we've identified.

It’s been said that he was paid $2mil in his first two seasons so you are probably talking around $350k
Does it really make a difference? We could get rid of Martin, Marchbank and Cuningham to free up 5-600k which we can then spend on a player who likely plays more games next season than all 3 combined

Most obvious one to me right now is Williams. On 850k a year and Cincotta who would be on the minimum is genuinely a better option in defense right now.

I'm sure he'll improve as he continues to build back from his ACL but we have adequate cover and the money would imo be far better spent elsewhere.

He'd want to find some form quick smart.

Martin's contract + what 200-250k? Seems like an absolute no brainer. And I love Jack.
Find a way to get rid of Williams contract.

They should try to move Marchbank on but will struggle to get any takers but at least try.

Might as well move Kennedy on if he can only manage the sub vest with our current injuries…..

Yep, draftees and free agents. It's time to cut ties with players who have proven to have a complete inability to stay healthy.
all I’m saying is If we are replacing them 3 with say two rookies, or pick’s in the 70’s plus one good player then we will still more then likely have to find money from somewhere else to fit them in.

Personally I think Martin and Gov should be offered contracts on about half what they are currently on with match day bonuses.
I’d move Kennedy on if he can find a home. If E.Hollands is any good then he can play his role.
If Cuningham or Marchbank are injured again this season move them on if they stay fit for the rest of the season then kept but only on minimum wage.

If we are going to take a risk then we start back-ending contracts to chase a FA and have both our first rounders on the trade table.
Next season we have players on higher salaries coming out of contract and big calls can then be made.

If we are going to take a risk then we start back-ending contracts to chase a FA and have both our first rounders on the trade table.
Next season we have players on higher salaries coming out of contract and big calls can then be made.
Are you saying you think we should wait until the end of next season to make any big calls and look at shifting players/going hard at FA's?

Are you saying you think we should wait until the end of next season to make any big calls and look at shifting players/going hard at FA's?
Chase players now and backend their contracts.
if players like Marchbank, Cuningham, Martin and Gov stay fit then keep them because they could possibly help us more then an 18 year old kid will next season.

I’d try and make our List as strong/talented as possible next season; then when more highly paid players come out of contract (plus guys like Martin, Cuningham, Marchbank again) we make the big calls if needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decision making and good disposal is the key. The ball move a lot faster from a good accurate kick than anyone can run.
If you can physically out run an opponent in defense or attack it goes a long way in the modern game.

Look at all the best forwards in the competition, what do they all have in common? Ability to create separation from their opponents.

Leg speed is an extremely valuable trait in modern football, skills is another.

Chase players now and backend their contracts.
if players like Marchbank, Cuningham, Martin and Gov stay fit then keep them because they could possibly help us more then an 18 year old kid will next season.

I’d try and make our List as strong/talented as possible next season; then when more highly paid players come out of contract (plus guys like Martin, Cuningham, Marchbank again) we make the big calls if needed.
History has shown us that this is very unlikely - Good players but their bodies just dont seem to be able to cope with a rigourous game like aussie rules.

Motlop is a fair way in front of Durdin.
Like others l would have waited till later in the season to further assess before a 2 year extension was offered.
Opposition teams are loving us playing three small ineffective smalls almost every week.

I think it’s a bit rough to lump Owies in with the others, he’s on track for around 30 goals the way he’s going.

Fantasia and Durdin won’t get that combined.

History has shown us that this is very unlikely - Good players but their bodies just dont seem to be able to cope with a rigourous game like aussie rules.
I agree, I imagine Cuningham and/or Marchbank will go down again this season and will be delisted. It’s a if, a very big if they get through the rest of the year and are best 22 I find it hard to see them moved on

Find a way to get rid of Williams contract.

They should try to move Marchbank on but will struggle to get any takers but at least try.

Might as well move Kennedy on if he can only manage the sub vest with our current injuries…..

Williams subbed himself out of the game last night. Does not seem to enjoy playing footy at all. We should come to an agreement with him to retire.

Has anyone been able to justify giving Corey Durdin a two year extension? Would be shocked if any club picked him up if delisted, let alone give him two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back