List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what got exposed this week is a lack of leg speed - we did well last 6 weeks but this week we came up against a mosquito fleet that won them the game.

walsh can run all day and stacks up heaps of numbers when we win but when the going gets tuff he doesn't really offer a point of difference. he doenst have any significant attributes like power/speed/strength to be impactful enough through the mid when cripps is well held.

kennedy/hewett have grunt but they lack burst speed

Cerra doesnt have grunt or burst speed - his best attrbute is good field kicking.

i think both walsh and cerra should rotate through the midifeld/wing position.

we bring in a quick nimble player like a wardlaw (he'd be absolute gold for us)

I dont see it with ollie and cotts - ollie is too small framed...runs well but thats it. Cotts lacks the smarts.

Hopefully one or both of the campo boys turn out good (if we get them).

Noah Balta I would throw the.kitchen sink at.... can play back or forward with speed. Someone with his attributes & size would complement weiters

what got exposed this week is a lack of leg speed - we did well last 6 weeks but this week we came up against a mosquito fleet that won them the game.

walsh can run all day and stacks up heaps of numbers when we win but when the going gets tuff he doesn't really offer a point of difference. he doenst have any significant attributes like power/speed/strength to be impactful enough through the mid when cripps is well held.

kennedy/hewett have grunt but they lack burst speed

Cerra doesnt have grunt or burst speed - his best attrbute is good field kicking.

i think both walsh and cerra should rotate through the midifeld/wing position.

we bring in a quick nimble player like a wardlaw (he'd be absolute gold for us)

I dont see it with ollie and cotts - ollie is too small framed...runs well but thats it. Cotts lacks the smarts.

Hopefully one or both of the campo boys turn out good (if we get them).
l see Ben more of what we already have, he looks like that big bodied midfielder who is a endurance player rather than geninue speed, kicking is a concern at Afl level.

The fact that Owies is yet to sign suggests he and the club are a bit apart on $’s. He is older than most of our small forwards (other than Fanta on minimum chips) and is probably after a better payday. Would have been on basic money throughout his career.

Regularly kicking multiple goals and probably thinks he needs to get a pay day. Suspect he is testing the market while we are perhaps waiting to see how our perennial injured guys finish off the season.

Hard to imagine him in another jumper…

Let’s be real for a second. The two clubs most likely chasing Owies are St. Kilda and Essendon.

Do you really think SOS or Dodo would give us a first round pick for him?

At best we could get a second which would be eliminated by Campo bids or we ask for their future 2 which they would be less likely to hand over.

I just think Owies is more value to us on the list than in trading him out. There are other players on our list that I would be trading out before him, but that’s another discussion for later in the year. So much to play out yet.

For Jack Carroll, has he actually shown anything that indicates he will be a longer term afl player? People keep mentioning him going back to WA, would either club want him?

I think he might be offered a 1 year minimum contract with us at most, and 50/50 chance to not be on an afl list next year.

Freo into Owies apparently. Would make sense with the Schultz departure.
Keeping tabs on Jack Martin too c/- Twomey. Not sure how his calves would go playing on Optus every 2nd week.

WCE some interest in Jack Carroll.

You’d think both WA clubs will be active, WCE out of necessity and FD stacked with picks to tempt trade/s.

North should be offering him $10mil over 7 years as a FA next year.
I think he will get crazy offers
Yep, an unreasonable option given our constraints, you'd imagine.
At 24 yo, with runs on the board at both ends, if he looks to leave Richmond he could effectively name his price.

Interesting that we could somehow have fit Hayward in but now it's tight.

Who was the player that's been saved by Will staying at Sydney?

Elijah probably added a bit to his contract post Hayward rejecting our offer.

Gut feel is Voss will want to retain Martin more than anyone else that is out of contract.

Is Jake Kolodjashnij available as an unrestricted free agent? Feel like he could be someone to look at as that 2nd KPD, wouldn't be breaking the bank for him either.

Yep, an unreasonable option given our constraints, you'd imagine.
At 24 yo, with runs on the board at both ends, if he looks to leave Richmond he could effectively name his price.
Although he is a level below the best players the best thing about him imo is that he can complement any other type of forward or defender. You aren’t constrained by the types to put around him.

Out and out rubbish. Austin traded out first rounders for Saad and Cerra. Could easily have drafted a young kid instead for 3 or 4 years in the future. Our list is in fine shape both for the now and for the foreseeable future.
You may think it's rubbish, I don't. The fact that you chose to use the word 'foreseeable' is telling.

We should have got more out of the draft in the last four years, plain and simple, the Saad and Cera trades notwithstanding. If that meant taking an extra kid here or there or even trading out a player with a bit more currency, then so be it. It's not the end of the world in the short to medium term but it isn't ideal.

You may think it's rubbish, I don't. The fact that you chose to use the word 'foreseeable' is telling.

We should have got more out of the draft in the last four years, plain and simple, the Saad and Cera trades notwithstanding. If that meant taking an extra kid here or there or even trading out a player with a bit more currency, then so be it. It's not the end of the world in the short to medium term but it isn't ideal.
And is totally irrelevant to the thread title.
Let’s get back on track perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know Austin has not tried to do more, pretty sure we were super keen on Harry Sheezel in his draft year and were willing to part with a future pick on top of our 1st rounder that year.
He also traded picks to gain Cowan, reality is not many clubs part with early picks, not sure why we keep going on about this, overall he has done a solid job.

Is Jake Kolodjashnij available as an unrestricted free agent? Feel like he could be someone to look at as that 2nd KPD, wouldn't be breaking the bank for him either.
Yep he's a free agent and won't cost much probably average wage would do it. I like him as an option very durable at least we can rely on that.

Yep.
We don't need an All-Aus level talent, we need someone capable of beating a big bodied opponent.
This is exactly what S Durdin is?
Just hasn’t been able to stay in the park.
He’d be a better bet against Jesse Hogan than Kemp, Marchbank and Young. Don’t discount him getting a chance if he can achieve a run of VFL games.

This is exactly what S Durdin is?
Just hasn’t been able to stay in the park.
He’d be a better bet against Jesse Hogan than Kemp, Marchbank and Young. Don’t discount him getting a chance if he can achieve a run of VFL games.
There's a sizable gap between what I'm wanting which is effectively a reliable senior player and Durdin, who is effectively a back up option who doesn't get a look-in behind undersized options in Marchbank & Kemp.

These are the most realistic free agent Key defenders that would fit in the cap with tdk,weiters & walsh coming out of contract over the next 2 years.
Most importantly all of them are reliable & durable.
Adam Tomlinson 30yr
Jake kolidjas 28yr
Elliot himmelberg 26yr
Not sure if Jake K would move from Geelong, but how would it be if delist S.Durdin and Marchbank, and Himmelberg in?

I assume we'd be no chance on nabbing Josh Battle ??

Not sure if Jake K would move from Geelong, but how would it be if delist S.Durdin and Marchbank, and Himmelberg in?
Jake kolidjas might get squeezed out. Jack Henry still hasn't signed either who I rate but won't leave and stengle just signed for more coin. Cats also front runners for bailey Smith who won't come cheap.

There's a sizable gap between what I'm wanting which is effectively a reliable senior player and Durdin, who is effectively a back up option who doesn't get a look-in behind undersized options in Marchbank & Kemp.
What you want and what is possible maybe two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back