List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomlinson got 6 goals kicked on him on the weekend against a 20 year Max Gruzewski from GWS in the VFL game...
This is the thing atm. We want to replace Young but nearly all options come with different but just as many weaknesses as Young. Unless you pay up it’s just going to be another punt like Young, Durdin, O’Shea, Goddard were

If a 182 game seasoned defender needs support to stop a 20 year old kid who's played 3 AFL games then I think that should explain why its best to steer clear..

I watched this. Gruzewski wasn't his direct opponent. A couple of times he tried to cover and was on him but he didn't kick 6 on him.

I'm not a big Tomlinson fan but please deal in Facts. Tomlinson also had 22 possessions in more of an attacking defender role

Gruzewski also only kicked FIVE goals from 9 kicks and 4 uncontested marks.

Here's his highlights. I see Twice Tomlinson was on him and neither I would call his fault as they were kicks to him from turnovers

Last edited:

Is Tomlinson even a key defender? Isn't he just another gov/kemp/Cowan type? Am I misremembering him... Thought he even started life as a winger.

And yeah they're 1.92 and 1.93.

Think we need a 1.96+ type

Yeah, I consider him more a 3rd tall, struggles on true KPFs

Reckon Jack M comes in Saturday and is virtually playing for his Carlton life to the end of the year.
Sadly for Marchie, Big D, Cunners retire/delist (3)
Akeui, M Carroll, Mirkov not up to it see ya (3)
IMO, trade Pitto, Owies & J Carroll, thereby extinguishing the Carroll influence at CFC
That's nine out!! A Lot
Campo's X 2 plus two more drafted
Trade for a KPD and some speed (2) (Haynes/Koladj...), pitch for Battle/Barass, Jones, Ryan (WC)
Pick up one in the preseason

It’s too little too late for Jack. You simply cannot expect the coaches to formulate plans to win the flag if part of that plan revolves around a bloke who never plays. Martin is done as far as I’m concerned.

This is the thing atm. We want to replace Young but nearly all options come with different but just as many weaknesses as Young. Unless you pay up it’s just going to be another punt like Young, Durdin, O’Shea, Goddard were
Agreed. If we’re gonna get a key defender it needs to be someone good. Barrass will be too expensive both in terms of salary and trade capital. J Gov is the one we could get IMO.

Agreed. If we’re gonna get a key defender it needs to be someone good. Barrass will be too expensive both in terms of salary and trade capital. J Gov is the one we could get IMO.

J McGovern would be a great short term option, and if we could acquire him, we would need to target a young KPD

McGovern at his best, Yes. But 33 early next year and injury prone. He's played 12, 15, 10, 9 & 16 games in his last 5 seasons

We need to move away from these type players. Not for me

Last edited:
It’s too little too late for Jack. You simply cannot expect the coaches to formulate plans to win the flag if part of that plan revolves around a bloke who never plays. Martin is done as far as I’m concerned.

Tend to agree. I am told he hasn't completed one full week on the track in months. Hasn't played a full game at any level for over 12 weeks

If Voss picks him I feel it's an all or nothing go for this season as he won't be with us next year. Bit like Cuningham at the weekend

I watched this. Gruzewski wasn't his direct opponent. A couple of times he tried to cover and was on him but he didn't kick 6 on him.

I'm not a big Tomlinson fan but please deal in Facts. Tomlinson also had 22 possessions in more of an attacking defender role

Gruzewski also only kicked FIVE goals from 9 kicks and 6 uncontested marks. Sounds like a team defence issues to me
We must have saw two different games.. Each to their own, and yes apologies it was 5 goals not 6.

In saying all that, he's all yours if you want :)

Feel like picking players in the hope they get through the game (Cuningham/Martin) is just asking for trouble. Especially if they've not been training consistently.

It's not his fault but DC's shoulder sounds like it was on it's way out anyway, selecting him and hoping it got through a full game is pretty close to negligent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern at his best, Yes. But 33 early next year and injury prone. He's played 12, 15, 10, 9 & 16 games in his last 5 seasons

We need to move away from these type players. Not for me
I think with Weitering there will be a lot less pressure and work load reduced. Wishful thinking, would love him at the club.

I know he recently re-signed, but would Busslinger from the Dogs be gettable now? With the success they've had with Lobb moving back, he may not get a look in for another year or 2 so may ask to be moved on where he may get opportunity? Aware he is from WA but given he was happy to re-sign, would indicate is at least settled in Vic. Longshot I know, but at least worth asking the question and leaving no stone unturned.

Sell him the dream of winning a premiership with his brother. Probably less than a 10% chance of it happening but worth a shot.

we nearly need to draft about 5 KPP over the next couple of years considering they are going to be taken later in the draft and the cost of established KD atm.
We could lose or move on from all of Young, Durdin, Marchbank, JSOS, Akuei, Lemmey, and Gov(injuries) over the next couple of years.

I know he recently re-signed, but would Busslinger from the Dogs be gettable now? With the success they've had with Lobb moving back, he may not get a look in for another year or 2 so may ask to be moved on where he may get opportunity? Aware he is from WA but given he was happy to re-sign, would indicate is at least settled in Vic. Longshot I know, but at least worth asking the question and leaving no stone unturned.

Good call.

If Lobb can maintain his current form and they can land Tom Barass then Busslinger won't get a game at the Dogs.

Are there any players we could poach from the Dons with them once again it total free fall this season?

Perkins, Martin, Stringer?

Can't see them letting go of Durham, Caldwell or Merrett under any circumstances as they seem to be the only few who even care about winning most weeks but surely there's some flankers we could pinch like the Hawks did with D'Ambrosia last year?

Are there any players we could poach from the Dons with them once again it total free fall this season?

Can't see them letting go of Durham, Caldwell or Merrett under any circumstances as they seem to be the only few who even care about winning most weeks but surely there's some flankers we could pinch like the Hawks did with D'Ambrosia last year?

o_O

Feel like picking players in the hope they get through the game (Cuningham/Martin) is just asking for trouble. Especially if they've not been training consistently.

It's not his fault but DC's shoulder sounds like it was on it's way out anyway, selecting him and hoping it got through a full game is pretty close to negligent.
is it though? We needed him and he needed the game time. Honestly his career with us, and probably at the topflight, was done before Friday's game

Guelfi another possibility, the Hawks certainly done well with players like D’Ambrosio, Ginnivan, Chol & Amon whilst still keep their 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back