List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the changes we should be trying to trade our second rounder up infront of the bid for ben so we can get 2 top 25 talents plus the twins
Might be a good idea. I am wondering what 2025 draft might be like in comparison to this year, whether 1st round pick from next year could be swapped for something this year or leave it where it is, and what sort of picks will be need in 2026 for seemingly top pick Cody Walker...

I believe he’s OOC too.
Would much prefer him over a stop gap like Tomlinson etc. (he’d have just as much immediate impact anyway) and he’s a far more realistic target than Barrass or a bigger name like that. At 23 and 200cm he would free up Weitering and give us more flexibility with Gov and Kemp to get the right matchups. If he’s not our number one target, we’re crazy.

Those who don't rate Owies.

well as much as I hope we win it all, Freo are above us on the ladder and there's no guarantee we finish ahead of Port.
current draft positions have Fremantle with picks 7 (collingwoods), 12 (ports) and 16 their current ladder position

I believe he’s OOC too.
Would much prefer him over a stop gap like Tomlinson etc. (he’d have just as much immediate impact anyway) and he’s a far more realistic target than Barrass or a bigger name like that. At 23 and 200cm he would free up Weitering and give us more flexibility with Gov and Kemp to get the right matchups. If he’s not our number one target, we’re crazy.

Heard he has fielded some pretty decent offers, I'm just not sure we could afford him salary wise, we'd really need to sell him on the prospect of playing finals

Currency, I wouldn't blink, I'd offer our 1st rounder, but it would take more that I suspect

I believe he’s OOC too.
So if we had him today what does our back 7 look like v Collingwood tomorrow?

Heard he has fielded some pretty decent offers, I'm just not sure we could afford him salary wise, we'd really need to sell him on the prospect of playing finals

Currency, I wouldn't blink, I'd offer our 1st rounder, but it would take more that I suspect

Yeah I’m not surprised. It’s hard to find decent genuine KPDs let alone one at that age ready to hit his straps. I’d happily offer our 1st to get it done. You would hope we could fit him in the salary cap if we were allegedly showing strong interest in Hayward. Make him the key target, get it done and fill other deficiencies with astute drafting (and trading). But a KPD is 100% our biggest need and would have a ripple effect on being able to play Kemp forward (where I think he’s better suited). Would significantly improve our structure and matchups.

If we lose Owies I’d be interested in Konstanty but that’s a separate discussion. Think he would be gettable also.

So if we had him today what does our back 7 look like v Collingwood tomorrow?

McGovern, Edwards, Newman
Boyd, Weitering, Saad

Cowan as the 7th. Kemp deployed up forward as the third tall. Weitering gets freed up to play more of an intercept game. McGovern doesn’t get a mismatch for height so can play more of his natural game. Allows us to overall be a more attacking back unit and gives us more flexibility to move the magnets to get better matchups. That’s how I’d setup.

But if it’s purely on our selected squad this week it would be out Kemp in Edwards. Thus giving us better coverage for their resting ruck (Cox or Cameron). Because we have to play undersized usually, it strips Kemp and to a lesser extent Gov of their attacking flair.

Last edited:
Do the changes have any material affect on us getting the Campos and Cody Walker?
I think it means that if no other teams put a bid in RD1, we can use our RD1 pick on another player and then take Ben in RD2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern, Edwards, Newman
Boyd, Weitering, Saad

Cowan as the 7th. Kemp deployed up forward as the third tall. Weitering gets freed up to play more of an intercept game. McGovern doesn’t get a mismatch for height so can play more of his natural game. Allows us to overall be a more attacking back unit and gives us more flexibility to move the magnets to get better matchups. That’s how I’d setup.

But if it’s purely on our selected squad this week it would be out Kemp in Edwards. Thus giving us better coverage for their resting ruck (Cox or Cameron). Because we have to play undersized usually, it strips Kemp and to a lesser extent Gov of their attacking flair.

Nice. Long way off but don’t right off Lemmey or Wilson stepping up and names like Cowan & Cincotta really improving. Maybe even Doc coming back and playing HB? So many variables yet

Are you able to tell us anything about Ison?
I believe he represented Vic Metro in the U16's Championships, but can't find too much about him.

Already at the height of a 3rd tall, can play at both ends or through the middle. Agile, moves well and has a decent leap

Can't nail down where he is playing between club or school footy, hopefully I get to watch another full game soon

Already at the height of a 3rd tall, can play at both ends or through the middle. Agile, moves well and has a decent leap

Can't nail down where he is playing between club or school footy, hopefully I get to watch another full game soon
Any early indication of his draft range?

We will need the equivalent of picks 9 and 10 or 8 and 11 etc. to cover a pick 1 bid on Walker in two years.
Highly unlikely that he gets bid on at 1 even if he's the best player. Clubs want to show their first draft pick that they rated him as the best player not a consolation prize. Also the number #1 pick gets a $10k or $20k NAB portfolio so the club chosing first doesn't want that to go to a player from another club.

Also worth remembering that you can trade draft picks from 2 years in advance by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back