List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin needs to be very active this off season but his hands could be tied salary cap wise. I'm no list manager but surely JMart, Cunners and Marchbank should be delisted. Trade Pitto, get Nick Haynes to support Weiters, and trade one of Kennedy or Hewett for talented young burst mids struggling for games in top 8 sides (I don't know who).

Last edited:
Didn’t we trade a top 10 pick and $700k+ for a small defender? Yes he has great run but pick 8 and salary cap terrible move.

Williams has been a disaster. Far too much money even if free

Actually the more I go through the history the more I move Austin on
Saad has been awesome for the club

I’m seriously concerned about Motlop.

Yes, I understand he's had an injury interrupted year . . . but for a third year player to be blowing up within 10 minutes of the first quarter and getting turned away from the bench is simply unacceptable in elite sport. He would still have some value with the WA clubs. I'd be seriously taking a look if we're not confident he has the mentality to get his conditioning up to scratch.

It is fine to have that view but feel free to explain how it’s benefited losing a top 8 pick and a lot of cap space. Remove the navy glasses. Would you do that trade again? I would not
Problem I have with saad is what i said when we first got him...he is quick but he isnt a smart user of the ball.

Most often he will run with ball to his left side and then kick it long to no one in particular.

We need smart users of the ball.

Its great that he can run past players but unless he links with another team mate its not that useful.

Just had a chat to a mate who is in a senior role at Essendon.

His view is the Blues are looking closely at Luko from the Suns if the price is right. He wants out of GC and SA is obvious place, but loved the tour of the club in his draft year. Also suggested Sam Day as depth from the Suns. Injured a lot but very low salary and good for culture

Callaghan from GWS is apparently gettable. GWS have the midfield depth and he wants $700k. McRae from Dogs gettable for peanuts. Dogs need cap space

Dons strategy will be interesting. He wouldn’t touch on it for obvious reasons

Luko and Callaghan I could get behind as targets. Both improve us. Would steer well clear of Sam Day and Macrae. Thanks for passing on the info.

It is fine to have that view but feel free to explain how it’s benefited losing a top 8 pick and a lot of cap space. Remove the navy glasses. Would you do that trade again? I would not

Pretty poor draft too wasn’t it (or at least what ESS selected around that range)?
Think we did alright out of Saad, though I thought we gave up too much at the time.

Mate, I get you joined bf today in a fit of rage but I’ve no doubt a month or so ago you would have been cheering and woofing each time Saad kicked the ball (that is if you actually are a Blues supporter). So please don’t tell me I have rose coloured glasses on. You’ve come on here today with one intention and that’s to dig the boots in.

As for pick 8, that was for Nik Cox and he doesn’t even have the right to carry Saad’s boots

Mate, I get you joined bf today in a fit of rage but I’ve no doubt a month or so ago you would have been cheering and woofing each time Saad kicked the ball (that is if you actually are a Blues supporter). So please don’t tell me I have rose coloured glasses on. You’ve come on here today with one intention and that’s to dig the boots in.

As for pick 8, that was for Nik Cox and he doesn’t even have the right to carry Saad’s boots
Zach Reid was the bloke Essendon took with that pick after a couple a matches for academy and f/s picks.
I’ll take saads all Australian year and what his done at Carlton any day of the week over Reid

I’m seriously concerned about Motlop.

Yes, I understand he's had an injury interrupted year . . . but for a third year player to be blowing up within 10 minutes of the first quarter and getting turned away from the bench is simply unacceptable in elite sport. He would still have some value with the WA clubs. I'd be seriously taking a look if we're not confident he has the mentality to get his conditioning up to scratch.
TBH, I'm not sure if he's that serious about football. I know this is ridiculous, but I actually felt that when we drafted him...in his first interview he seemed more excited about his media and podcasts than being drafted.

Either way, I've been saying all year....and last year come to think of it....that he's a lazy footballer. Which is why he spends a fair amount of time in the VFL "working on aspects of his game." No doubt got talent, but how many talented footballers have we seen fall by the wayside.

He's got one more year before being out of contract...reckon he'd want to have a big 2025.

Austin needs to be very active this off season but his hands could be tie salary cap wise. I'm no list manager but surely JMart, Cunners and Marchbank should be delisted. Trade Pitto, get Nick Haynes to support Weiters, and trade one of Kennedy or Hewett for talented young burst mids struggling for games in top 8 sides (I don't know who).

I wish people would stop with Salary Cap issues. It is fine and it is also being increased. We have money to bring in players if needed

TBH, I'm not sure if he's that serious about football. I know this is ridiculous, but I actually felt that when we drafted him...in his first interview he seemed more excited about his media and podcasts than being drafted.

Either way, I've been saying all year....and last year come to think of it....that he's a lazy footballer. Which is why he spends a fair amount of time in the VFL "working on aspects of his game." No doubt got talent, but how many talented footballers have we seen fall by the wayside.

He's got one more year before being out of contract...reckon he'd want to have a big 2025.
There are many players on our list that I have this exact same question about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup agree with that.
Callaghan is a type we need imo
Macrae we already have to many of his type.
Garcia i could handle from the dogs

Garcia would be good. Can play and won’t be that expensive. Another Acres type deal

Callaghan is a good player but would cost money and great picks.

IMO we need to go to the draft and get Top 10 talent

Utter nonsense. Why would I want to put a boot into something I love? It’s a crap day. We learn from it and reload.

I love Saad. Doesn’t mean $700k and pick 8 for a small defender is good list management. But I think you know that which is why you played the poster
Love how you pass it off that I played the poster. You just didn’t like being called out for putting the boots into someone in the club and joining bf an hour after a bad loss.

If you think Cox is so much better than that’s ok, I however do not

Float for trade/FA: Pittonet (free to a good home), Owies (25-45 range), Carroll (25-35 range), Cottrell (30-50 range), Binns (25-35 range), Kennedy (25-35 range)
Delist: Cuningham, Marchbank, S.Durdin
Rookie retention assessment: Akuei (rebound/intercept defender), Mirkov (late development), Monahan (game sense), M.Carroll (chronic injury)
Thin ice: Martin (1 year deal if medical assessment is significantly more positive)
Retirement possibles: Docherty, Pittonet
Positional changes: Motlop (on-ball rotation), Walsh (outside-leaning mid), Kemp (on-ball)

Expecting 8 or 9 to go.

I would love Austin & Lloyd to explain why we gave Pittonet Young Cottrell Durdin multi year contract extensions long before their seasons were up

These type of deals for fringe players can really restrict list decisions and improvements
I have to imagine the expectation was we'd be able to net trades for them down the line with their salaries well in check, but Pittonet will be the test case for that.

How is saying I love a player but in hindsight it was a bad trade putting the boot in?

You need to grasp our current ladder position. We should be top 4. We are not. We need to ask why.

Never said Cox was better. Cheers for verballing me. Ignore time
We shouldn’t be top 4 and it has nothing to do with a trade we made for Saad.

I’m well aware of our ladder position

I would love Austin & Lloyd to explain why we gave Pittonet Young Cottrell Durdin multi year contract extensions long before their seasons were up

These type of deals for fringe players can really restrict list decisions and improvements
Would be on stuff all coin, and even at their worst, are handy backups

Why would we want a 32 year old defender how many years would he still have to play? Apart from Barass who may leave Eagles and Carlton cannot afford him are there any other defenders who could come to us.

As I have said it’s the draft for me. We need an injection of top end junior talent

BUT we also need to add some quality depth that won’t cost much. Names I’d look at

Nick Haynes - 32. FA (mature defender)
Garcia - 23. Cheap trade (zippy midfielder who can find it)
Caleb Daniel - 28. Cheap trade (small defender with good ball use)
Cooper Hamilton - 20. cheap trade (young elite running wingman/hb from GWS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back