List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think despite it being time off for injuries, the length of lay off he had mid career could extend his career by a few years as well because he, in theory shouldn't have as much wear and tear on his body as if he was healthy and playing consistently during those years.

Should be the case but he also plays 100% game time frequently and probably covers more ground than any 100kg footballer ever has.

Body definitelt doesn't seem an issue at the moment though

The Victorian media were very offended that Joe would turn his back on a big Melbourne club with so many family connections and head off to Brisbane. If he had gone to another big Vic club they wouldn’t have cared. So they love talking him down as much as possible which is truly disgusting. He hated the media spotlight in Melbourne and was glad to get away and that irritates them even more.
A few more games and Big Joey has hit the magical 100 mark. I have no idea if he has a son or not but I would love to see the media fallout if his son was talented and chose us over Essendon :D

Won't happen, but wonder if that would change if Uncle Neale came out and communicated something about his nephew whether the tune would change. I sort of don't care just that I find the Vic media and umps treatment of Joe disengenuos.
I would love to hear what his family members think of the treatment he gets.
I'm sure there would be at least 1 or 2 of the brothers that feel he pissed away his talent by not having the 'right attitude' but I doubt they would all feel that way.

So, did anyone notice something in this video at the start?

Has Lachie extended?

Firstly, Lachie is standing in the semi circle with Zorks and secondly, Danny says “…and for the second one” referring to Zorks as if that was the second announcement after a first announcement being made prior to the recording starting.

I also could’ve read way too much into everything though.

A few more games and Big Joey has hit the magical 100 mark. I have no idea if he has a son or not but I would love to see the media fallout if his son was talented and chose us over Essendon :D
Less than Cooper. ;)

Other than the name I think by the end of his career Joe will be seen more as a Lion than a Bomber, and I'm reasonably comfortable that he'll stay up north out of the spotlight - he seems very comfortable in himself these days.

The big issue might be the Swans academy...
;)

So, did anyone notice something in this video at the start?

Has Lachie extended?

Firstly, Lachie is standing in the semi circle with Zorks and secondly, Danny says “…and for the second one” referring to Zorks as if that was the second announcement after a first announcement being made prior to the recording starting.

I also could’ve read way too much into everything though.
Nah
He said the 2nd one and most important

The club did rate him.

Not sure whether he's not come on as hoped or the role hasn't worked yet, but the club absolutely was keen on him as a prospect and was chuffed at being able to extract him in the Gunston trade.
We just shouldn't trade with Hawthorn at all at the moment. Every player to go to Hawthorn this year from another club has gone from being an ordinary player to a good player or better. While every player to leave Hawthorn has gone from a decent/good player to a bloody ordinary one.

Sam Mitchell is already the Craig Bellamy of the AFL.

Besides which I'd love to see him stick it up these negative nancy's in the media who prey on every little thing he does wrong , and bring home a flag for us. So he can retire a legend.

Such a shame we couldn’t get it done last year. Joe’s finals series and grand final performance was incredible, pretty clearly our best player across the full game.

We just shouldn't trade with Hawthorn at all at the moment. Every player to go to Hawthorn this year from another club has gone from being an ordinary player to a good player or better. While every player to leave Hawthorn has gone from a decent/good player to a bloody ordinary one.
Most just wanted to get more gametime and be in a better environment to thrive
D'Ambrosio: Wanted more game-time than Dons could give (8 games in '22 and '23 seasons)
Chol: Club suggests he look elsewhere for more opportunities (8 games in '23 seasons)
Ginni: Wanted a better culture than what Pies offered
Gunna: Didn't like the game style Brisbane played

Such a shame we couldn’t get it done last year. Joe’s finals series and grand final performance was incredible, pretty clearly our best player across the full game.
Him and Harris are probably our most important players. Maybe Joe more so. In a normal season, if Harris was injured we would still have Payne, Lester, Gardiner and Joyce to help cover. If Joe goes down, it’s Henry Smith or Darcy Fort because we need someone to pinch hit in the ruck.

D'Ambrosio: Wanted more game-time than Dons could give (8 games in '22 and '23 seasons)
Chol: Club suggests he look elsewhere for more opportunities (8 games in '23 seasons)
Pretty sure Ginnivan wanted to leave because he could see Schultz was going to take his position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we could entice Oscar Allen to come to a good team.

Sam Mitchell is already the Craig Bellamy of the AFL.
Can add Sam Mitchell working with Nick Watson one on one to help him with his goal kicking.

Just goes to show the value of a great coach - both in terms of getting the best out of players individually but getting them to play their roles in the overall match day strategy.

Less than Cooper. ;)

Other than the name I think by the end of his career Joe will be seen more as a Lion than a Bomber, and I'm reasonably comfortable that he'll stay up north out of the spotlight - he seems very comfortable in himself these days.

The big issue might be the Swans academy...
;)
Joe sure is a strange cat, lives down Byron Bay way and drive the 2 hours to training. He is so secretive, well maybe reclusive, he is never going back to a city and sure is not going back to Melbourne. Remember he came up here the covid year and when the season was over went camping out western Qld somewhere. when the deal was done with the Lions he apparently didn't even go back to Melbourne someone had to pack his flat up for him. He missed that final with the birth of his first child, cant remember which player said it but they joked most of his team mates didn't even know he had a girlfriend he is that private. You never see him in any social media stuff from the boys end of season, he just goes back to his farm. If he has a son, it's a very big IF I'd suggest they even play football and if they did it would likely be in the Suns academy so hopefully he does qualify for Father/Son for us.

Joe sure is a strange cat, lives down Byron Bay way and drive the 2 hours to training. He is so secretive, well maybe reclusive, he is never going back to a city and sure is not going back to Melbourne. Remember he came up here the covid year and when the season was over went camping out western Qld somewhere. when the deal was done with the Lions he apparently didn't even go back to Melbourne someone had to pack his flat up for him. He missed that final with the birth of his first child, cant remember which player said it but they joked most of his team mates didn't even know he had a girlfriend he is that private. You never see him in any social media stuff from the boys end of season, he just goes back to his farm. If he has a son, it's a very big IF I'd suggest they even play football and if they did it would likely be in the Suns academy so hopefully he does qualify for Father/Son for us.
I think he has somewhere to stay in Brisbane if he doesn't want to drive back.

whats the latest on tunstill? is he off to the west or will he stay? think he's a quality player would love to see him get regular first team footy
We have a stacked midfield with 3 highly rated mids coming in over the next 2 drafts ie. L.Ashcroft, Marshall and Annable so he is highly unlikely to crack a senior mid position with us.

Out of Contract end of next year, if he expressed the desire to move on the Lions would facilitate it IMO. He would be worth very little in trade value.. 50+ selection.

We have a stacked midfield with 3 highly rated mids coming in over the next 2 drafts ie. L.Ashcroft, Marshall and Annable so he is highly unlikely to crack a senior mid position with us.

Out of Contract end of next year, if he expressed the desire to move on the Lions would facilitate it IMO. He would be worth very little in trade value.. 50+ selection.

All the points we can get help though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back