List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing Joe show so much emotion with that goal was actually heart wrenching with the media around him potentially retiring, it certainly looked that way… but what a way to go out if that is the fairytale finish. My recently made ex-partner and I used to joke that Joe doesn’t really like football, he’s just bloody good at it and this is basically his 9-5 job that he’s happy to put up with. I’m not sure that’s correct anymore with the emotion showed this finals series, and that particular play.

Out of curiosity, would anyone be able to match up the age of the Lions in 01? I was too young to appreciate, but I feel like this groups just achieved a premiership with a younger team on paper? We would have had 10 1st/2nd year players out there yesterday? Remarkable!
Was thinking same regarding age. The old men Zorko and Lester would push the average age up. Defn had more younger players.

I know this has been covered elsewhere but given we’re being forced to focus on the potential loss of Joe D (I don’t think he’s retiring fwiw) so I thought it was worth repeating…

It’s hard not to think about the dozen players who will all put pressure on the 23 not playing yesterday:

1. Oscar
  2. Coleman
  3. McCarthy
  4. Gardiner
  5. Doedee
  6. Reville
  7. Dev
  8. Brain
  9. Joyce
  10. Smith
  11. Levi
  12. Marshall
I mean, seriously…how absurdly deep is our squad going to be? 😮

I know this has been covered elsewhere but given we’re being forced to focus on the potential loss of Joe D (I don’t think he’s retiring fwiw) so I thought it was worth repeating…

It’s hard not to think about the dozen players who will all put pressure on the 23 not playing yesterday:

1. Oscar
  2. Coleman
  3. McCarthy
  4. Gardiner
  5. Doedee
  6. Reville
  7. Dev
  8. Brain
  9. Joyce
  10. Smith
  11. Levi
  12. Marshall
I mean, seriously…how absurdly deep is our squad going to be? 😮
It’s deep in most areas bar the area we potentially have to replace unfortunately. I think we have to bring in another option somehow, if for no other reason to provide a bit more depth.

Conversely Joe stays and happy days.

Is Answerth still out of contract. Thought he had an excellent final series - played his best footy.
I was an Answerth basher, happy to eat crow on that. Played really well in the last few weeks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity, would anyone be able to match up the age of the Lions in 01? I was too young to appreciate, but I feel like this groups just achieved a premiership with a younger team on paper? We would have had 10 1st/2nd year players out there yesterday? Remarkable!

The average for the 2001 side was a year younger than the prelim side we put out (GF side is marginally older with Fort a year older than Oscar).

2001 Grand Final = 25y 150d

2024 Prelim Final = 26y 169d

I sometimes forget how young that 2021 side was. 7th oldest player was Voss who'd turned 26 a couple months prior, and there were 13 players in the side yesterday that were older than Voss was in the GF.

Sorry for the intrusion, but if Daniher retires, there would genuinely be a conga line of key forwards lining up to want to go to Brisbane.

Brisbanes premiership window is wide open.

Tom Lynch the obvious one, but id be looing at Oscar Allen and making West Coast a huge offer. 2 x firsts + Dev Robertson + Steak knives.

Id also be looking at Harry Mckay.

Theres not a key forward in the league that would turn down the Lions at the moment.

The average for the 2001 side was a year younger than the prelim side we put out (GF side is marginally older with Fort a year older than Oscar).

2001 Grand Final = 25y 150d

2024 Prelim Final = 26y 169d

I sometimes forget how young that 2021 side was. 7th oldest player was Voss who'd turned 26 a couple months prior, and there were 13 players in the side yesterday that were older than Voss was in the GF.
Thanks for that!

I’m actually surprised by those stats, I feel like we are really young!

Sorry for the intrusion, but if Daniher retires, there would genuinely be a conga line of key forwards lining up to want to go to Brisbane.

Brisbanes premiership window is wide open.

Tom Lynch the obvious one, but id be looing at Oscar Allen and making West Coast a huge offer. 2 x firsts + Dev Robertson + Steak knives.

Id also be looking at Harry Mckay.

Theres not a key forward in the league that would turn down the Lions at the moment.
Not sure where we find 2x first rounders for Allen. We need them for Levi Ashcroft, Marshall and Anable next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back