List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be saying to Joe, here's another $100k for the season and we'll see you in January. If we have to tread on gold coast and sydney academy zone toes by having a community camp in northern NSW or on the gold coast, then so be it.

I said this the other day, he'd need to do the pre-season but then surely we could work out some very very flexible arrangement in the season which revolves around recovery needs only and then we can just see you gameday big Joe. He can fly out of gold coast and just meet us there for away games.

I think we would be better off waiting a year, seeing how we compete with a different forward mix and giving Henry a bit of a shot and seeing what happens.

No draft picks to make a trade this year, better to wait another season I think and then go hard at a genuine target in the 2025 offseason.

Obviously I'm hoping Joe goes on for 1 more.

I’m happy with whatever decision he makes as long as he’s 100% behind coming back. It’s very clear that he has been bought in to the vision the past couple years and I don’t think we should be pressuring him in any way to come back if his heart isn’t in it.

If he’s ready to believe again for 2025 I’m all in though.

Joe and I have more in common than I imagined.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Apparently he never stays at the team hotel when in Melbourne he always stays with his family. I think the lions staff and coaches have been great communicators with Joe especially, have worked out what makes him most comfortable and the team just accepts that. He pretty much was our best player in the finals and I think it's Fagan all over, he just treats the players as individuals and if they play for the team on the day then let them be however they get them there.

I said this the other day, he'd need to do the pre-season but then surely we could work out some very very flexible arrangement in the season which revolves around recovery needs only and then we can just see you gameday big Joe. He can fly out of gold coast and just meet us there for away games.
Didn't Mal Michael want to do something like that and Lethal said bugger off ?

Didn't Mal Michael want to do something like that and Lethal said bugger off ?

I think Leigh is on record as saying Fages is much better at the player management stuff than he was and he would do things differently with some players if he had his time over.

I think we could accommodate whatever makes Joe and his family most comfortable to go again next year.

I think Leigh is on record as saying Fages is much better at the player management stuff than he was and he would do things differently with some players if he had his time over.

I think we could accommodate whatever makes Joe and his family most comfortable to go again next year.
Oh for sure I agree.

But once you go overboard in accommodating someone it can affect the playing group if things aren't going that well.

If everyone's happy about it and it means the difference between Joe playing on and not you obviously have to go with it.

He really is invested in the team. Never took his gear off after the game . Probably still wearing it.

Oh for sure I agree.

But once you go overboard in accommodating someone it can affect the playing group if things aren't going that well.

If everyone's happy about it and it means the difference between Joe playing on and not you obviously have to go with it.

He really is invested in the team. Never took his gear off after the game . Probably still wearing it.

I agree for your average player who then suddenly wants all this flexibility etc. But Joe has been consistent in how he wants to work within the game and what he values. He's probably our most well adjusted player. It isn't like its something that has come out of the blue or is completely out of character.

In hindsight you look at how average some of the Sydney players are and you wonder how they played as well as they did this year. Compared to us with guys like Cal, Fort, Fletcher and others standing up

Amazing list build; probably Noble's biggest legacy

Sydney were absolutely flying in the first half of the season with everyone playing beyond their usual level which is unheard of. Heeney, Warner, Gulden - player ratings were off the charts and Buckley used to bring it up in the footy show to say this is not sustainable.

When they started dropping off and others caught up to them, they were somehow still getting by until this hit them in round 21.

1727654354353.png

Regardless of what anyone says, a 100+ loss in round 21, that late in the season is definitely going to suck the life out of any club and leave them with plenty of doubts.

I agree for your average player who then suddenly wants all this flexibility etc. But Joe has been consistent in how he wants to work within the game and what he values. He's probably our most well adjusted player. It isn't like its something that has come out of the blue or is completely out of character.

Plus you'd imagine it would only be for 1 year

If he needs this sort of flexibility I wouldn't imagine he'd play on for too long

Sydney were absolutely flying in the first half of the season with everyone playing beyond their usual level which is unheard of. Heeney, Warner, Gulden - player ratings were off the charts and Buckley used to bring it up in the footy show to say this is not sustainable.

When they started dropping off and others caught up to them, they were somehow still getting by until this hit them in round 21.

View attachment 2126487

Regardless of what anyone says, a 100+ loss in round 21, that late in the season is definitely going to suck the life out of any club and leave them with plenty of doubts.

Please don't tell me we have to be greatful to Port for something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh for sure I agree.

The reality is that in any team some people are more special than others.

Peter Bell did similar with Freo towards the end I think.

These days he's got so many feathers in his cap he doesn't even need the plane.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back