List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Lloyd too. Think his versatility makes him an asset. That said, Morris is the exception to the rule. I don't think we could carry a forward line of Hipwood, Morris & Lloyd as our keys.

All things going well, really hope we get some handy insurance who can't get a game because Smith has well and truly arrived as a ruck who can create a contest up forward. His tap work would be very handy.
I'm all in on Smith.

Only concern for me is whether he's 18 months-2 years away from having real impact.

We need someone to chop out in the ruck. Why I think Gardiner isn't the answer or anyone on the list outside of Fort/Smith.

I think Smith might be the guy but then I'm afraid his age and lack of experience will hurt us big time.

It really could be as simple as one of Fort or Smith.

I'm not particularly excited about that prospect for 2025.

Needs a big pre season IMO. Injury hurt his pre season and given he was a guy who is so new to AFL level footy, was the kind of setback he couldn't really afford. I haven't written him off yet, but he is certainly not my first or second choice.
I've got no doubt he's better than what we've seen . Whether that's ever good enough is hard to say. We whipped him off at half time in his only opportunity so here wasn't a lot of confidence from the camp.

Still have a few guys we haven't committed to yet in Prior and Craven. Add a possible trade of Dev and/or Sharp. There are ways to make it work I think. Could see us take 6-7 picks to the draft if we get creative.
I think the creativity may be in the form of a couple of project talls, either rucks or key positions. Pretty flushed with mids.

So we trade pick 20 to Richmond and then they promptly bid on Levi ?

I'd be interested to see a club bid on a fs or academy player at 1 and stiff their guy on all that comes with being the no.1 pick + the PR boost for the club. I can't see a club like the Tigers giving that up.

I'd be interested to see a club bid on a fs or academy player at 1 and stiff their guy on all that comes with being the no.1 pick + the PR boost for the club. I can't see a club like the Tigers giving that up.
I’d say North would be very short odds to bid on Levi.

He should go down back. Lester might drop off with less motivation and getting older and he’d be first in if Payne got injured.

Has a long way to go to go from teams almost not sending a defender to him to providing any sort of marking target

Lester has never lacked motivation or needed the carrot of a premiership to give it his all. Even when he expected to be desisted.

Never underestimate the Lester. He'll still be a great in 5 years.

Not saying I expect him to be the guy, but wouldn't surprise me if the club gives him the first crack. Hipwood could do the second rucking.

Don't think we would go one tall then risk them as ruck. Would leave the forward line very exposed.

I wonder if the two ruck trial was in response to Joe saying he was going to retire.

Rayner moved closer to goals. (edit: he's almost the size of Lynch....only 2" height difference)

Levi straight into HFF/midfield rotation.

Zorko off i/c to play HFF.

Kiddy back to HB.

Done.

#Believe :D
There is a 5 inch difference between the 2.

Lynch is 199vm and rayners 186cm.

Not comparable in height at all

There is a 5 inch difference between the 2.

Lynch is 199vm and rayners 186cm.

Not comparable in height at all
Lynch 194cm. And i’d say that is accurate having met him in person, i’m 190 and he was barely taller. He might have shrunk!

That said - i also agree with you that there is a big gap between their heights in a relative sense. Lynch was drafted in 1986, Rayner 2017. Key position height definitely taller 30 years on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch 194cm. And i’d say that is accurate having met him in person, i’m 190 and he was barely taller. He might have shrunk!

That said - i also agree with you that there is a big gap between their heights in a relative sense. Lynch was drafted in 1986, Rayner 2017. Key position height definitely taller 30 years on.

Talking about Tom Lynch right? He's 199cm.

I'm not right up on the drafting rules but if we were to go to the draft with those 5 selections doesn't that mean we have to have 5 list spots available?

Are we not better off doing draft night banking of picks?

On the other hand maybe we are open to taking 5 in the draft if it is at all possible eg. Ashcroft, Marshall, Gallop, Gillett and Gilder.
No. Clubs just need to select 3 players in the draft. Those 5 selections in the draft will help us match bids for Ashcroft/Marshall
That's not quite what M Malice was asking.

The AFL has several rules about how many picks clubs can take to the draft.

One rule is, that teams can only take the same number of picks to the draft as they have vacant senior list spots.

So if we were to take 5 picks to the draft, we would need to have 5 spots available.

Also, if we're going to ask/expect another team to carry picks in to the draft for us, that team also has to have enough senior list spots as well.

Not sure if Richmond will have 10 senior list spots to take their top 5 picks to the draft, as well as 5 later picks to then trade to us.

Currently we have 4 senior list available, plus a 5th we we don't re-sign Prior. And 1 rookie list spot available. We also have Beecken and Craven as un-signed rookies.

Pick 32 will also hold some value on draft night. I expect one or two teams will want to trade up for it. Something like Melbourne trading 40 and 49 for it, giving us an extra 127 points

That's not quite what M Malice was asking.

The AFL has several rules about how many picks clubs can take to the draft.

One rule is, that teams can only take the same number of picks to the draft as they have vacant senior list spots.

So if we were to take 5 picks to the draft, we would need to have 5 spots available.

Also, if we're going to ask/expect another team to carry picks in to the draft for us, that team also has to have enough senior list spots as well.

Not sure if Richmond will have 10 senior list spots to take their top 5 picks to the draft, as well as 5 later picks to then trade to us.

Currently we have 4 senior list available, plus a 5th we we don't re-sign Prior. And 1 rookie list spot available. We also have Beecken and Craven as un-signed rookies.

Pick 32 will also hold some value on draft night. I expect one or two teams will want to trade up for it. Something like Melbourne trading 40 and 49 for it, giving us an extra 127 points

This is why I'd be stunned if Richmond don't trade all their later picks to us. If they end up with say 7-8 picks inside 25, there's minimal chance they will have the list spots to use picks in the thirties and forties so they'll lose them anyway.

Just makes too much sense to do that trade before the draft, and then if we need more points we do a draft night trade with someone else.

I think Marcus Adams is good to go now.

Question; what happens if an out of contract player such as Prior goes untraded and despite having a contract in front of him by Brisbane still wants to move and doesn’t sign? Does he automatically become a delisted free agent or has to go to the PSD to be picked up.

Just curious the likelihood of the outcome for Jaxon and how it benefits both club and player.

Question; what happens if an out of contract player such as Prior goes untraded and despite having a contract in front of him by Brisbane still wants to move and doesn’t sign? Does he automatically become a delisted free agent or has to go to the PSD to be picked up.

Just curious the likelihood of the outcome for Jaxon and how it benefits both club and player.
Pre season draft I believe… or can nominate for the national draft

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back