List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sharp I think is more athlete than footballer. His aerobic capacity is unmatched so he can really apply that defensive cover really well when teams transition back. I don't think he has that football IQ to get into attacking positions well (like when you see Jaspa get ahead and score against the Cats in the prelim). I found his disposals wanting at times in the VFL. I think he is a handy player but may get eclipsed quickly if his disposal cant improve.

Losing sharp will definitely hurt, he's got a weapon few others do in his running that tbh will probably carry him to a decent career. Stay in the game that long you generally will come good or at least be a serviceable AFL player. His strength is also a decent weakness in our team, although we seemed to run out games fine towards the end of the year.

Really like the X St Laurie's boy but I'd be happy with whatever selection the Dees get from the Cats for Clayton Oliver or involve Sam De Koning to us in the 3 club trade.:p

Losing sharp will definitely hurt, he's got a weapon few others do in his running that tbh will probably carry him to a decent career. Stay in the game that long you generally will come good or at least be a serviceable AFL player. His strength is also a decent weakness in our team, although we seemed to run out games fine towards the end of the year.
I don’t see how it hurts whatsoever.

Barely got a game and when he did, didn’t look up to it.

Good list decision to move him on and get some much needed points.

just checked out the Melbourne board to see if the Harry Sharp news had filtered through, 2 different posters there claiming Richmond were into him too. Melbourne have Langdon and Windsor on the wings, the tigers more and better draft picks it may be in our best interests if we deal with them.

Happy to see Harry get the chance to become a proper AFL player.

So it sounds as though during the exit interview process the Lions confirmed with Dev, Prior and Sharp that Levi and Marshall would be coming in above them in the pecking order and/or would be prioritised for their development…they’ve probably been told: pick the club you want to play for and we’ll get you there for a few junk picks that will help for points

It will be good to see them play, even if they turn into good AFL footballers at other clubs like Ben Keays…we’ve built our list and destination reputation by caring about our players and this is the cost we have to be happy to play to live up to that reputation

Good luck boys 😎

Always had a soft spot for Sharp. But gees, Melbourne. I wouldn’t wish that team for any of our players.
I play a bit of gold with the father of a recent player whom moved from Brisbane to the Dees, your right, not a great move but wish sharp all the best maybe by the end of this trade period some things could be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I play a bit of gold with the father of a recent player whom moved from Brisbane to the Dees, your right, not a great move but wish sharp all the best maybe by the end of this trade period some things could be better.
How is Mr Fullarton, off scratch🏌️‍♂️⛳?

Sam Day is the one we should try and sign for me. He can take a mark on the lead and is a tall big body who can crash a pack. He's a okay set shot for goal too from memory. Wouldn't be against him being more of a backup and us trying Smith/Hipwood (or other combos) first.

We can then bank the savings from Joe leaving to ensure no one slips out of the squad due to salary cap pressure.

Alternatively our future first for Riccardi is also something I'd just throw out there to see what happens.

I'd prefer Oliver stays so Melbourne social media team can do a "When Harry Met Clarry" poster.
And for the kids, "Harry McClarry from Donaldson's Dairy".

Actually that sounds more like they both got traded to Geelong.

What is their forward depth. Is he next inline if Hogan was to be injured ?
Hogan and Cadman locks.
Then Stringer comes in.
Must be then some doubt on playing those 3 and Riccardi.

They also have Callum Brown who played 13 games this year.

Derkson and Stone had played forward, but both spent time largely in the backline in VFL this year. Derkson kicked 35 goals in VFL in 2023.

Having Hunter off the list would be a great help to Harry if that's where he decides to go, for a number of reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back