List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be good to see them play, even if they turn into good AFL footballers at other clubs like Ben Keays

They could always come back after they establish themselves :cool:

Sam Day is the one we should try and sign for me. He can take a mark on the lead and is a tall big body who can crash a pack. He's a okay set shot for goal too from memory. Wouldn't be against him being more of a backup and us trying Smith/Hipwood (or other combos) first.

We can then bank the savings from Joe leaving to ensure no one slips out of the squad due to salary cap pressure.

Alternatively our future first for Riccardi is also something I'd just throw out there to see what happens.

Problem with Day is that he's always injured. With our medical team, I'd back him in to play after McCarthy, Adams and Daniher.

Riccardi is not happening this year. Too late in the trade period and we don't have the picks.

I actually think Sharp would thrive at a club that utilises it's wings more so than the Lions (as width players). He's actually not that bad and at times throughout the season I would have had him over Fletcher who struggled for form.

Has developed a harder edge as well which is a rarity for wingers in the league. Just his disposal was a bit iffy but again that might be the role that we use for our wingers. Just not a lot of free space for them to work in. Lions seem to prefer defensive efforts or ability to win the contested ball for the wing roles. This results in wing roles under pressure when they do gain possession.

Landgon will help him immensely and would be the perfect role model.

He's a good bloke. Wish him well.

I wouldn't be offering 40 if I was Melbourne.

54 would be my offer. That's what he is worth. But maybe we can get 40 and give up a future third with him.
Last I checked Sharp was a contacted player and Melbourne were chasing him I'd be pushing for pick 40 and we might get 48 which is worth 300+ points

Lachie hunter has created the toxic culture?

Dogs fans have always been quite critical of his off field behaviour when he was with them. He was part of the "rat pack" that their supporters claim is why Dunkely left.

Shame Riccardi isn't really good. Wish he was still clunking lots of contested marks like he did when he started, but he hasn't shown that for ages.
He was great at flying for marks as third forward when no one paid attention to him.

Once it twigged that it's worth putting some effort into it, any body contact renders him irrelevant.

He puts some effort into his backup ruck role at least.

Lachie hunter has created the toxic culture?
Excuse the intrusion.

I suspect the culture was already a bit how ya going at the Dees but Lachie Hunter certainly would not have helped. There's a reason (or a few) that we traded him for a third round pick all the while being just 27, a former best and fairest and in contract.

Anyways - congrats on the flag lads, took me a while but was very happy to see Dunks win a second.

Sharp is contracted, so we should be asking for their pick 5. Simple. If they want him that bad, they'll part with it.

🤣
Pick 28 is probably too high, but would either 40 get it done or a combo of 40 and 49, 54 and 65?

The more you think about it, Sharp is 100 times better than Cutler, and he was worth 10 first rounders and a chocolate milk. With this in mind, Sharp is worth at least 20 first rounders and a Ghirardelli Chocolate Sundae. The list management team would be mad to let Sharp go for any less.

Excuse the intrusion.

I suspect the culture was already a bit how ya going at the Dees but Lachie Hunter certainly would not have helped. There's a reason (or a few) that we traded him for a third round pick all the while being just 27, a former best and fairest and in contract.

Anyways - congrats on the flag lads, took me a while but was very happy to see Dunks win a second.

Not to mention it looks like Melbourne have paid him out his last year on his contract based on a tweet from last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more you think about it, Sharp is 100 times better than Cutler, and he was worth 10 first rounders and a chocolate milk. With this in mind, Sharp is worth at least 20 first rounders and a Ghirardelli Chocolate Sundae. The list management team would be mad to let Sharp go for any less.
Oh, so we should be asking for Melbourne's future first along with the pick 5.

Fair enough too, but I was kinda a Choc-Banana milk kind of person myself, but not sure where the Dees are finding all these extra first rounders. Perhaps Clarry will net them a few. :p

I would start with a direct swap for Oliver.

Does nobody want Tunstill?
It’s a strong draft. Any players being given a chance really need to have shown something (unless they’re a lankey forward prospect).

I’d say this includes Sharp, Dev, Prior (who I hope we hang onto). I don’t see this of the other fringe players on our list.
It’s unfortunate for these guys that we got the Ashcrofts when we did, otherwise i’m sure they’d be required players. Zorko & Lachie aren’t going to go forever, though fingers crossed Lachie body holds up for 4 more years!

I think it’s great that the club is actively helping the young guys find new teams. We’re a better club with these guys as depth, but if they’re good enough to make a good AFL career somewhere else, then they should go for it.

The Sharp to Dees deal will get done and if a club wants Dev our club will get that done as well.

Looking like we will definitely have enough list spots to bring in W Ashcroft, Marshall, Gillett, Gallop and Gilder ...... if we want all of them.

Maybe the guy Crusha really likes ie. Barrat as well.

Excuse the intrusion.

I remember at the time, it was said Dees made out like bandits and what a bargain it was.

I remember at the time, it was said Dees made out like bandits and what a bargain it was.
Yeah I think we may have contributed to some of his salary (though not 100% on that). I think we would've paid the salary in full to have him removed.

We've got a pretty good record when it comes to players we don't really want to keep to be honest. Stringer, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Cordy and even Schache (bless him) played far better football with us than they did with their next club. We obviously didn't want to lose Dunkley - and the reasons why have been fairly evident, but suspect we're pushing out Bailey Smith. I know this isn't the Dogs board so I'll leave it at that haha.

Wonder how many list spots we’ll be able to take to the draft?

If both Sharp & Dev go, how many open senior list spots does that leave us?
This from JasRulz63 who has the great "List changes, contract status and key dates - 2024" stickied thread on our board.

As of now >

Departures
Senior List (4 out)

Jarryd Lyons (retired)
Joe Daniher (retired)
Carter Michael (delisted)
James Madden Kalin Lane (to Ireland)

Rookie List (1 out)
Kalin Lane (delisted)

ROOKIES > OOC 2025 Brain, Lester, Reville, Joyce, McLachlan... and OOC 2024 Beecken, Craven.

Yeah I think we may have contributed to some of his salary (though not 100% on that). I think we would've paid the salary in full to have him removed.

We've got a pretty good record when it comes to players we don't really want to keep to be honest. Stringer, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Cordy and even Schache (bless him) played far better football with us than they did with their next club. We obviously didn't want to lose Dunkley - and the reasons why have been fairly evident, but suspect we're pushing out Bailey Smith. I know this isn't the Dogs board so I'll leave it at that haha.

Feel free to keep talking about the dogs, its not as if we have anything to actually talk about here!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back