List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah,rankings just give an indication of where each is generaly considered. Where clubs pick players is totally different matter. Kako may go before Lombard if the latest scuttlebutt is to be believed.
HE also has both Kako and Lombard in the top 15 which if i was the Suns i would take pick 6 to the draft but personally I have never really rated Rioli

I deeply resent this talk of rorts. I am infuriated by the discussion that we may in some way be "rorting".

This system, designed and run by the all knowing and all powerful AFL is fair, equitable, balanced and unmatched in its even handedness. It's ability to provide a level playing field is unparalleled.

I would suggest full board bans for posters who continue to publish lies, fake news and untruths. It is unacceptable to allow these sorts of rumours and allegations to go unchecked.

If they take our rorts away, I’m going to sue for restraint of trade.

I think we can take 7 picks to the draft if we:

• Retire/ delist/ trade - Joe, Lyons, Madden, Lane, Michael, Sharp and Dev
  • Wait until after the draft to sign Craven and Prior

This gives us 9 spots, 2 of which have been filled by Beecken and McLachlan I think?

Which will then mean we probably take 5 guys in the draft, if we want to keep Craven and Prior.

Is this correct?

I do agree. Just seems too good to be true that they give us all those points and then don't take him at 1

There is no way they bid on him at pick 1. Seriously don’t stress about it.

A club having pick 1 is often a once a generation marketing boon. They aren’t going to pass up the marketing value of having pick 1 just to keep a club honest. They’d also be robbing their first pick of the prestige, marketing value and the cash prize that comes with being pick 1 and basically telling him that they are the consolation prize.

The bid on Levi will be #2. Lock it in and don’t waste another second worrying about it.

He is a big man that hits a might ball that has a big bend in it, but he loves his golf and is one of the nicest blokes you would ever meet. Plays of around 20
Is Tom contracted at MFC for next season or is he in limbo until after trade period?

In addition to getting more game time, wondering if Sharp is interested in MFC also b/c a familiar face in Tom is already there?

We're so lucky we get Levi (and Marshall) through before the rule changes.
If we assume Levi will attract bid 2, next year that will cost 2232 points. If we assume our starting place is picks 18,36,54 (excusing picks traded out), that is only 1167 points. That's a huge gap to make up, particularly considering there's only 54 picks with points value.

The footy gods are certainly smiling on us in 2024! :)
All part of the rort :cool:

If they take our rorts away, I’m going to sue for restraint of trade.

Ffs I’ve had it up to here with all the bush lawyers on this website. It’s restraint of RORT or to use its legal Latin phrasing, da che parte è la stazione ferroviaria

Slightly off topic but figure this is the action thread today. Did anyone catch what Zac Bailey's injury was this year? I know he had the leg injury after Melbourne (where he looked really good) but the roar deal mentioned in one of their marathons 'we know zac played with an injury'? he had quite a down year. was really good vs cats though in the prelim, would have been best on if he kicked straight. could be someone to kick more goals next year
Chris Fagan mentioned it in the B&F speech where he spoke about each of the players. I believe it was a lisfranc injury and then also mentioned multiple illnesses

I don't think Craven and Beecken currently have spots. Assuming that McLachlan takes Lane's spot. I think we currently have four primary list spots available with Sharp and Dev possibly going and prior in limbo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can take 7 picks to the draft if we:

• Retire/ delist/ trade - Joe, Lyons, Madden, Lane, Michael, Sharp and Dev
  • Wait until after the draft to sign Craven and Prior

This gives us 9 spots, 2 of which have been filled by Beecken and McLachlan I think?

Which will then mean we probably take 5 guys in the draft, if we want to keep Craven and Prior.

Is this correct?
At the moment we have:
Primary list: 34
Rookie list: 6 CAT As 2 CAT Bs
Sharp/Dev Rob moves it down to 32.
We'd have 4 open list spots to draft players to equal the minimum list size of 36 players without decreasing the amount of Cat A Rookies we're allowed to have [6]

Just found out Harry Sharp got 4 years at Melbourne, not a bad result for him. Did not want to go at all, loves the boys and the club, but was realistic as to where he was in the pecking order.
If they have offered him 4 years they should give up a decent pick for him.
Their pick 40 seems pretty fair to me.

If we don’t trade in Oscar Allen we lose trade week. Sorry not sorry

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back