List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk of Sam Day is ridiculously laughable.

I can see the team going with Dizzy as the replacement tall forward.
I was listening to the roar deal, one of the guys said that Dizz had said he was planning on playing as a key forward. If we don’t have to trade for a replacement tall, we could end up getting one or two from the academy. In the game he did the ACL, Dizz felt that it had started clicking, he did manage to kick two goals.
In the GF I noticed Hippy taking some ruck up forward when the game was well and truly won. Perhaps a peak into the future? Hippy is a similar height to Joe. If he is only used at ruck contests in the forward 50, we could use Dunks to pinch hit, knowing we will likely lose the tap but a fourth mid around the ball may be an advantage or a break even. Benz could rotate to his defensive role while he rucks for a few mins each quarter. This also works if we decide to go with two keys instead of bringing Dizz back/pushing another tall defender forward/trading someone in.
I still don’t believe there is room for two rucks in todays game, Melbourne couldn’t make it work with Grundy and Gawn, Freo so far hasn’t been able to make it work with Darcy and Jackson.

Top Dog Bassat can rest easy, knowing he is a champion defender of the vaunted halls of moral high ground.

I might also reflect on a certain Riewoldt, who from memory was part of a catchment area back in the day, which was within the claws of a recent threepeat premier......and weren't the rules changed prior to that specific draft, ensuring that a club bearing an uncanny resemblance to St Kilda were the beneficiaries?

I specifically remember Sr Kilda objecting to this change of zone boundary at the time on the basis of fairness and equity…

There is no way they bid on him at pick 1. Seriously don’t stress about it.

A club having pick 1 is often a once a generation marketing boon. They aren’t going to pass up the marketing value of having pick 1 just to keep a club honest. They’d also be robbing their first pick of the prestige, marketing value and the cash prize that comes with being pick 1 and basically telling him that they are the consolation prize.

The bid on Levi will be #2. Lock it in and don’t waste another second worrying about it.
What we really need is Marshall to be selected at 20 but i doubt that happens

I can see the team going with Dizzy as the replacement tall forward.
I was listening to the roar deal, one of the guys said that Dizz had said he was planning on playing as a key forward. If we don’t have to trade for a replacement tall, we could end up getting one or two from the academy. In the game he did the ACL, Dizz felt that it had started clicking, he did manage to kick two goals.
In the GF I noticed Hippy taking some ruck up forward when the game was well and truly won. Perhaps a peak into the future? Hippy is a similar height to Joe. If he is only used at ruck contests in the forward 50, we could use Dunks to pinch hit, knowing we will likely lose the tap but a fourth mid around the ball may be an advantage or a break even. Benz could rotate to his defensive role while he rucks for a few mins each quarter. This also works if we decide to go with two keys instead of bringing Dizz back/pushing another tall defender forward/trading someone in.
I still don’t believe there is room for two rucks in todays game, Melbourne couldn’t make it work with Grundy and Gawn, Freo so far hasn’t been able to make it work with Darcy and Jackson.
I'd rather Fort come in than Dizzy.

I'm not a huge fan of Sam Day and think he's a spud but I'd even rather him come in than Dizzy as a forward.

I spoke to someone at the club who suggested they were worried the bid would come earlier (12-15).

If Richmond hold nearly 6-7 picks in top 25, they're going to get all the topline mids first. When they turn their attention towards the teens picks I expect them to go for needs like talls and utilities. Rest will pick best available and I believe there is plenty of best available ahead of Marshall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paywalled, so not sure if there is anything new or interesting. If anyone has the keys and can unlock it.... 🙂

The only parts I found interesting from the article was

"The young winger still holds the AFL Draft Combine 2km time trial record of 5min28sec, which he set in 2020, and could plug a hole left by the outgoing Alex Neal-Bullen and Lachie Hunter.

The Demons currently hold picks 5, 28, 40, 49, 54 and 65."

and

"The Eagles are reportedly still interested in Robertson, though it has cooled slightly compared to last year.

West Coast holds picks 3, 26, 63, 68 and 81 in the upcoming draft.

By honouring the requests of Sharp and Robertson, the Lions could strike deals that would bring in the requisite draft capital to successfully add Marshall alongside Ashcroft."

A draft pick somewhere between 26 and 63 seems about right for Robertson, but the Eagles don't have it currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back