List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Same; pretty annoyed that Jaxon has been let go and the likes of Craven and potentially Beeken are being kept on and even Joyce to a lesser extent although Jaxon obviously couldn’t go on a Cat B Rookie list. Would be shocked if Craven made it.

That being said, I suspect had Dev been traded then Jaxon would’ve be retained.

Would be even more shocked if Jaxon doesn’t find a new home and become a regular at another club like Mitch Hinge.

I remember when Hinge left not like we had crazy depth at the time Adelaide pulled a fast one on us taking him like that instead of trading for him. Guess Essendon has done the same to us with Prior now.....oh well have a premiership they don't.

At the moment we have 1 more draft pick than list spot.

List spots: 6 - Primary List (32): 4 Cat A Rookie List (4): 2 [Assuming Beecken is not OOC]

Draft Picks [7]: 27, 34, 42, 43, 49, 60, 66

Draft ins: Levi, Marshall, 3rd draftee

DFA ins: Joe replacement [for example Sam Day] - This would get our primary list up to the minimum 36 list spots required.

Rookie Draft ins: Craven + Joyce - This would get our Rookie List up to 8 [6 Cat A Rookies + 2 Cat B Rookies] and bring our list up to the maximum 44 players.

nice im looking forward to this 3rd draftee as the one surprise of our next month period.

nice im looking forward to this 3rd draftee as the one surprise of our next month period.
Hopefully Gallop; would’ve liked another local boy in Gillett instead of Craven who you’ve probably guessed I don’t rate at all and am still confused why we drafted him in the first place.

We had offered him another year but he hadn’t signed anything.
I don't think that's right. There's plenty of media reports stating he'd signed.

You can delist players who have a contract. If you re-select them, there's no real change - they just go on to whatever list is appropriate based on the draft you take them in. If someone else selects them, they take on their contract. If you don't reselect them, you're still on the hook for their contract but you get a list spot. In this case, it should be option 1 - I don't see anyone else trying to steal him.

You can delist players who have a contract. If you re-select them, there's no real change - they just go on to whatever list is appropriate based on the draft you take them in. If someone else selects them, they take on their contract. If you don't reselect them, you're still on the hook for their contract but you get a list spot. In this case, it should be option 1 - I don't see anyone else trying to steal him
As I just learned elsewhere you also get some potential matching points from the ND selections you get but won't use

As I just learned elsewhere you also get some potential matching points from the ND selections you get but won't use

Maximum main list size is 38, with a minimum of 36. Provided you have the rookie slots free, you take in as many ND picks (and therefore points) as you have free spots up to 38, even if you don't end up filling all those main list spots.

I don't think that's right. There's plenty of media reports stating he'd signed.

You can delist players who have a contract. If you re-select them, there's no real change - they just go on to whatever list is appropriate based on the draft you take them in. If someone else selects them, they take on their contract. If you don't reselect them, you're still on the hook for their contract but you get a list spot. In this case, it should be option 1 - I don't see anyone else trying to steal him.

Sorry I thought we were talking about Prior

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gallop, for mine, had the most impressive VFL/NEAFL debut of any academy lad since the academy’s inception; and doing it in a Prelim Final made it even more meritorious.
A regular Dalziell.

Would have loved to have kept Prior instead of Craven....but probably was not an option.
I think both were options and we chose Craven over Prior. I did a basic list analysis here which demonstrates why we needed to either keep Craven or draft another small forward. Basically, we don't have much depth in that position while Linc is out, whereas we're okay for medium defender depth. We only really needed one of Beecken or Prior and I guess the club liked Beecken more.

As I've been saying for a while, our brains trust chose Craven for a reason, they clearly like his pressure and think he can be developed further.

Reading between the lines, I'd interpret that as Beecken has been extended on the rookie list for next year. We would be more worried about him getting snaffled up compared to Joyce or Craven.
I agree with this. Beecken only recently moved from Adelaide, and I'm sure his family and friends are all still there, so if we delisted him and either Adelaide club came calling, he might pick them over us. Joyce has been here for two years and his family are in Ireland, so he's less likely to jump ship if he had interest elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back