List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

you can only do that through aggressive trading and drafting aggressive
Issue with key defenders is if you draft them they need a few years to develop and if you trade for them the options currently don't look great. Aleer would be a perfect fit but all reports are he is keen to stay with the Giants

Issue with key defenders is if you draft them they need a few years to develop and if you trade for them the options currently don't look great. Aleer would be a perfect fit but all reports are he is keen to stay with the Giants
unfortunately there's no easy fix

Not a popular opinion but I'd explore Harry down back. Better than his brother who's a decent KPD. Harry would have the luxury of playing alongside Weitering as well.

Yes, we lack a genuine second tall forward but I'm off the opinion that two gun key defenders is far more important than 2 gun key forwards.

you can only do that through aggressive trading and drafting aggressive
We love to accuse Voss of playing favouritism and not exploring players in different positions, but we're guilty of exactly the same as supporters.

The vast majority refuse to entertain trading our star players. The reality is, the salary cap is fixed, and the challenge is to use it best effect to build a list to contend for a premiership. Part of that might be accepting that while our stars are indeed stars, perhaps they're not the perfect compliment of stars and we might be best served by trading one to better balance the list.

Not a popular opinion but I'd explore Harry down back. Better than his brother who's a decent KPD. Harry would have the luxury of playing alongside Weitering as well.

Yes, we lack a genuine second tall forward but I'm off the opinion that two gun key defenders is far more important than 2 gun key forwards.
this week's finals answered those questions. big forwards are non factor in finals

We love to accuse Voss of playing favouritism and not exploring players in different positions, but we're guilty of exactly the same as supporters.

The vast majority refuse to entertain trading our star players. The reality is, the salary cap is fixed, and the challenge is to use it best effect to build a list to contend for a premiership. Part of that might be accepting that while our stars are indeed stars, perhaps they're not the perfect compliment of stars and we might be best served by trading one to better balance the list.
gotta see what is out there. test the market

this week's finals answered those questions. big forwards are non factor in finals

Rubbish theyā€™re a non factor.

Cartman and hogan were really good for giants today and Jeremy Cameron dominant Thursday night.

Our issue is the Durdin, Motlop, Fantasia trio isnā€™t up to standard.

Geelong, Richmond and the eagles of recent premiers have all had big 2 big forwards and won flags, we need to add to Charlie and Harry not get rid of them. Every side has its strengths and weaknesses, ours is we fall off a lot after our top 10-12 players, and are cobbling together non afl standard players as a forward line around Harry and Charlie.

15?!? That is 2003 type stuff, after there was basically a player mutiny under Pagan and we were total garbage.

Will be probably 7-8 changes. Minimum gone will be Marchy, Cuningham, Martin, S Durdin, M Carroll, Akuei (probably)

Then on top of that Jack Carroll might go back to WA and play 20+ games a year in an awful West Coast side.

Maybe Motlop or Owies could go in a trade, though I expect both to stay. The fact we contracted Corey Durdin until 2026 is just bizarre. Unless Fantasia retires, he is around for another year with his contract. Hope against hope he has a decent pre-season and is better, but 95% chance what we have seen from him this year is as good as its going to get.

We aren't in too bad a shape list wise. Replacing 5 of the permanently injured guys with players who are available at least 75-80% of the time will instantly make us a better side.
Here is a list of players that have to be replaced due to lack of talent, age or injury
Definite- 10
Fantasia,Docherty,Carrol,C Durdin,S Durdin, Newman, Cunningham, Young, Mirkov, Akuei

5 players I would trade for the right deal to regenerate the list
Williams, Mcgovern, while they have currency
Owies, Yes 30 goals but not a finals player
Cerra, Kemp- Questionable output

It wonā€™t happen and shouldnā€™t happen. Harry is also valuable getting up the ground marking when we have Charlie there too.

Turning a guy who has never played defence who is an elite forward in the comp into a defender at 27 doesnā€™t make any sense to me.

Someone like a Tomlinson from Melbourne would be good as a 2nd defender. Or if Young can continue on his last 3 games would def help.

Here is a list of players that have to be replaced due to lack of talent, age or injury
Definite- 10
Fantasia,Docherty,Carrol,C Durdin,S Durdin, Newman, Cunningham, Young, Mirkov, Akuei

You want them all replaced this off season?

For what it's worth and should be taken with a grain of salt but told Carroll definitely off to the Eagles and we're interested in Liam Ryan.

Hawthorns trading/drafting last year, gives me confidence that we can add the missing pieces quickly, if we are aggressive and target the right players.
But Hawthorn are Proactive....they have already poached two quality backmen....

It's not like Weiters could do with some help...

Young... FFS....get rid of this spud please...

Oops I might get kicked off again..

Oh well it's the end of the year ...

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young is such a tease. If he just played like he has the last few weeks we could get by. We need to find someone still, maybe a Butts type, even with injuries is worth a risk and back Young in to do a job when needed. (With Adelaideā€™s fitness stuff though, if they donā€™t him right no one will)
Our small forwards are poor and would be my biggest target. Fogarty back improves them and if we keep Owies then he does too. Even Cottrell would offer a lot more than we had last night. Itā€™s bleak but there is improvement available on our list already.
We lose games through a slow midfield/wings/Hhfā€™s often before any other area of the ground even has a chance. This is the area that I struggle to see how we improve, this is going to have to come mostly from coaching in the short term.

For what it's worth and should be taken with a grain of salt but told Carroll definitely off to the Eagles and we're interested in Liam Ryan.
Secondary to that was also told other than Carroll and Martin there is likely to be at least one other moved on, they seem to think the club is targetting someone. Source WA based and involved in player management.

Definite- 10

I'm not sure what people are expecting from Young. Kept Hipwood scoreless and was our best defender against the Saints.

One thing that shits me is that in Vossy's press conferences during the week he is all smiles and jokes...

He should be as serious as it gets and then that would have flowed through the team and they might of attacked the game with passion from the start...

If your coach is all jokey leading up to such a serious game..then....guess what the team are like....

Need speed and skill in the middle, need to be aggressive during the trade period. We have so many glaring holes, need at least one outside midfielder who has speed and skills, at least one inside/outside mid with skill and a bit of speed, need at least another tall utility, looks like we will be rebuilding for another 25 years.

Rubbish theyā€™re a non factor.

Cartman and hogan were really good for giants today and Jeremy Cameron dominant Thursday night.

Our issue is the Durdin, Motlop, Fantasia trio isnā€™t up to standard.

Geelong, Richmond and the eagles of recent premiers have all had big 2 big forwards and won flags, we need to add to Charlie and Harry not get rid of them. Every side has its strengths and weaknesses, ours is we fall off a lot after our top 10-12 players, and are cobbling together non afl standard players as a forward line around Harry and Charlie.
Our key issues:

• Lack of pace in defence, Saad the only one who combines pace with skill. Solution Williams moves back to defence.
  • Lack of pace through midfield, have to look at replacing one of Kennedy, Cerra or Hewitt, with someone with pace.
  • Small and medium forwards are just horrible. Even if they kick goals as high half-forwards they don't win enough possessions
  • collective issue is we are too slow, as such despite some individual defensive talent we are an inferior defensive side.

This has been the case for the entire 3 year period under Voss. Outside a freakish run of games where we won almost every close game the team has looked a 7 to 12 side, which isn't acceptable given the headline talent it has.

Time and time again, teams pop up out of the blue, almost always they are loaded with speed. Modern football, speed, skill pressure.

Hawthorns trading/drafting last year, gives me confidence that we can add the missing pieces quickly, if we are aggressive and target the right players.
That assumes, our recruiters have the ability to pick gems with little draft capital....

I'm not seeing it. And anyhow, without a gameplan thats better than bomb it down the line then bomb it i50, whats it matter

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

But Hawthorn are Proactive....they have already poached two quality backmen....

It's not like Weiters could do with some help...

Young... FFS....get rid of this spud please...

Oops I might get kicked off again..

Oh well it's the end of the year ...

Agree Young offers nothing, play's 2 good games a season a passengers if ever there was one. I would put Motlop of the table as well, for a FP does not chase or put pressure on. Looks like Owies is out the door, would trade Williams if the offer is right, need to be aggressive short of gutting the list or we will be the same pathetic club for the next 25 years as well.

Need a hard look at our MC as well, playing favorite's, and what's with Voss why is he always joking and laughing around at the PC? Just want to know does Voss have any control on the MC? Does he have a final say? Sorry to say but the guy can't coach and is definitely not a genius.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back