List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Cerra going wouldnā€™t make any sense. Heā€™d be about at his lowest trade value now with his injuries and everyone would be suspicious if we were offering him around.

It would definitely be a buy high sell low kind of trade.
Best top 10 player when fit, last year is an example of the talent he has, the hamstring problems are a little worrying this year but hopefully the club can sort it out so he can get back to his best formā€¦

Still young and only 20yrs 47 games, just hasnā€™t displayed enough in the games Iā€™ve watched him play so far in having a quality standout in his game that gives him a point of differenceā€¦
Have not seen it often, but the lad has a real burst of pace. Will just keep getting better with every game he plays.

Think Kemp will really appreciate the inclusions of Harry and Charlie a lot.

He did have two or three defenders hanging off him, for most of that game.

Could easily imagine a fwd setup like this.

HF Owies Charlie Durdin

FF Williams Harry Kemp
I could actually see Moir becoming a pivotal piece there as early as next year. He could be an actual Jack Gunston like star very quickly if he puts the work in.

I could actually see Moir becoming a pivotal piece there as early as next year. He could be an actual Jack Gunston like star very quickly if he puts the work in.

I hope he hires a personal trainer, puts aside 2-3 hours a day over the offseason and just trains his guts out, talent is certainly there

For 8 weeks, 2-3 hours a day over 5 days of the week is nothing when you have so much time on your hands. But it makes a huge difference for your ability to compete at the highest level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You get good gear, can I have some

Feel free to engage in some actual discussion, champ, rather than taking potshots at posts made with the intent of actually generating some.

What part of this seems wildly unreasonable?

Martin out (hypothetically) a future second rounder from Freo.
Aleer in for that future second as well as our own future second (GWS stockpile some solid picks for future academy bids in case the discount goes out the window).

The last 5 drafts have had their second rounds run out to Picks 44, 38, 39, 42 and 44 respectively. Next year we're back to all NGA players being able to be bid-matched. Freo, if they load up this year will be doing so on the basis of improving next year.

Martin for a pick around 38-42. It's less than NM paid for Dylan Stephens or Zac Fisher, less than Sydney paid for Taylor Adams, a little more than Melbourne paid for Tom Fullarton, comparable to what WC paid for Tyler Brockman and what Melbourne paid for Shane McAdam. I know Martin has his issues, but a pick in that range is in the general ballpark for an ordinary role player.

Aleer for two future second rounders also seems about right. He's a former Pick 15 who GWS can't fit into their stacked backline. I reckon a late first/early second rounder is about the price for a young KPP with a good profile but limited runs on the board, and two late seconds is pretty much bang on the value for that if GWS for any Academy players coming through next year.

A big preseason and the kid should be locked in for as much of next year as possible. Rest him if needed, sub him off here or there if no injuries hit first (ha!), but you can tell he's got a bit of presence about him and makes things happen.

I don't think he's the type you "develop" by yoyo-ing him between the grades. He'll thrive on the big stage in front of the big crowds, and the enjoyment he gets from that will be more motivation than anything else we can give him.

A Cerra trade I'm not as keen on, but going off supposed ITK info we are quite keen on Houston... If it helped get us Houston I'd see it as a potential list balance move that makes us better simply due to the lack of available on ball rotations with our current midfield mix conundrum. Something to consider but I think I'd rather pass on Houston and keep Cerra.

Midfields lack of speed still a concern but Switkowski and Fogarty as HHF may make up for that by pushing high up the ground to better effect than Motlop, Durdin, Owies etc.

We can get Houston and Switkowski without needing to trade a quality on baller.

If Houston persists with a move and chooses us, I think our 1st and a F2 gets it done.

I donā€™t think Switkowski will cost much at all.

We then have the option of trading our F1 into this season to maintain a presence in the first round.

We then have any picks we get for Owies if he leaves.

If Houston persists with a move and chooses us, I think our 1st and a F2 gets it done.

We then have the option of trading our F1 into this season to maintain a presence in the first round.

Does the "can't trade future first + later rounds" rule still exist? If so, that would necessitate us bringing in another future second rounder before we could move our future first into this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But can we get those two and a KPD option without using our first this year? Not so sure.

I really like all our mids, Cerra, Hewett, Kennedy... All fantastic players imo. But it's been clear for a few years now that we just can't play them all as the primary midfield mix due to their lack of spread and closing speed.

In my opinion one has to be traded for the sake of our list, which that will be is anyones guess.

That's just my take on things.

From the little information I get, it'll be the latter option.
We should go nuclear. Campos are not the profile that will change our performance. They cover the ageing players. We want the campos, our first rounder & 2nd rounder another 2nd and 3rd rounder & trade in leek alir from gws, rookie liam mcmahon. 7 changes minimum + some new rookies

But can we get those two and a KPD option without using our first this year? Not so sure.

I really like all our mids, Cerra, Hewett, Kennedy... All fantastic players imo. But it's been clear for a few years now that we just can't play them all as the primary midfield mix due to their lack of spread and closing speed.

In my opinion one has to be traded for the sake of our list, which that will be is anyones guess.

That's just my take on things.

Our midfield is a conundrum. There is some real talent but I struggle with how we use it and the MIX

Cripps is a Star
Kennedy and Hewett are very good workers. Give their all
Cerra has ability and is a bit quicker but injuries a concern
Walsh is a star because of workrate but not what I would call damaging
Carroll is a bit of the same. Worker and solid but not a point of difference
All good players but there is sameness and predictability about this group

The next level

Lord. Looks great to me and his skills are sublime. Not quick, but has time, but not slow especially the way he uses it.
Elijah. Genuine X factor and star. Needs another pre season and become a 4 quarter player. If he does he makes a big difference
Docherty. Another star but coming back from knee and is 31. HB may better better for him and us?

Others that could make a difference

Motlop/Durdin. Need a pre season and get over injuries. Ability and leg speed is there
Kemp. SOS recruited him as a mid. Smart and good ball user and good defensively
Wilson. Starting at HB but is calm, good ball user and has genuine leg speed. Seen as a future mid. Should play in 2025
Charlie. With development of others he can play midfield minutes that make a difference. Would scare an opposition. Better version of Stringer on ball in bursts
Cincotta. Big body, good leg speed, tough and a good ball user. IMO be should be used better and more around ball
Cowan. Had a run in mid at VFL level and looked very good. Small sample but is big, tough and a good kick

I am a big believer in maxmising what you have before going outside. IMO the growth and changes of last two weeks show this

There is some gun mids in this draft. I hope that is our focus along with a Sheldrick or Garcia type as a cheap trade BUT we have the talent if we use it properly

Last edited:
I hope we are super aggressive this off season.

We need to be in win now mode. Prime Cripps, McKay and Curnow is right now.

Draft picks will do nothing for us in 2025 or 2026.

Iā€™d trade anything that makes us better right now.

Houston and Petracca are great players and would slot right in.

But id say our list needs midfield pace, a medium forward and a key defender.

Moir and JSOS might fill one of those roles.. but weā€™ve need to trade for the others.

I hope we are super aggressive this off season.

We need to be in win now mode. Prime Cripps, McKay and Curnow is right now.

Draft picks will do nothing for us in 2025 or 2026.

Iā€™d trade anything that makes us better right now.

Houston and Petracca are great players and would slot right in.

But id say our list needs midfield pace, a medium forward and a key defender.

Moir and JSOS might fill one of those roles.. but weā€™ve need to trade for the others.
I think a fair few of the first 20 or so picks this year look good enough to have year 1 impact.

But I agree on being aggressive. Happily trade out some regular names to get ourselves in a better position to bring some pace and class into the side.

Feel free to engage in some actual discussion, champ, rather than taking potshots at posts made with the intent of actually generating some.

What part of this seems wildly unreasonable?

Martin out (hypothetically) a future second rounder from Freo.
Aleer in for that future second as well as our own future second (GWS stockpile some solid picks for future academy bids in case the discount goes out the window).

The last 5 drafts have had their second rounds run out to Picks 44, 38, 39, 42 and 44 respectively. Next year we're back to all NGA players being able to be bid-matched. Freo, if they load up this year will be doing so on the basis of improving next year.

Martin for a pick around 38-42. It's less than NM paid for Dylan Stephens or Zac Fisher, less than Sydney paid for Taylor Adams, a little more than Melbourne paid for Tom Fullarton, comparable to what WC paid for Tyler Brockman and what Melbourne paid for Shane McAdam. I know Martin has his issues, but a pick in that range is in the general ballpark for an ordinary role player.

Aleer for two future second rounders also seems about right. He's a former Pick 15 who GWS can't fit into their stacked backline. I reckon a late first/early second rounder is about the price for a young KPP with a good profile but limited runs on the board, and two late seconds is pretty much bang on the value for that if GWS for any Academy players coming through next year.

Martin for a second rounder is fantasy land, thereā€™s no other thing to talk about champ!!!

We need a Meade type from Port Adelaide. Or a Jones type. Need for speed and skill.

Leek Alir, Jones and a Mead type would be incredible. Not saying we will get them but this is what we should be targeting.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back