List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

We wont.

Mid to late second rounder for Owies.

If we want to trade up, we can bundle that second (and our own second) to the Lions (who will need points for Ashcroft) for their 1st.
Depends where bids come
We will at this stage. No draft rankings have either boy in their top 30 right now.

The earliest a bid would come imo is 24 (Saints) or 25 (Adelaide) for Ben and a pick in the 40s for Lucas.

Worst case scenario we are in deficit by less than 100 points. However I doubt the comes to fruition anyway.

I want to get at least one of the Camporeale boys in (preferably both) but we also need to get in some quality 'ready to go' players.

The Window is open and our best player turns 30 next year. Getting some kids in that wont be ready for a few years is not the way to go.

I think it is - as long as we're doing a little of both. I'm also not convinced we need more "gun" players this off season - the improvement can absolutely come from within, from continued development of the younger guys, from positional changes for some older blokes, and from finally making the decision not to keep going back to the well with blokes who get injured after 20 minutes of footy. If we can get a solid role player in a position of need, then I'm all for it, but it's gotta be the right player or it's a waste of resources.

We will at this stage. No draft rankings have either boy in their top 30 right now.

The earliest a bid would come imo is 24 (Saints) or 25 (Adelaide) for Ben and a pick in the 40s for Lucas.

Worst case scenario we are in deficit by less than 100 points. However I doubt the comes to fruition anyway.

A deficit will push our 1st back next year.

I say we go all in this year. Trade out out a future 1st to the Suns (they'll want it, and will pay overs), do the Owies and Martin trades and use whatever we get from those trades, along with our own second rounder to obtain another 1st this year (Brisbane would be keen, looking for points for Ashcroft).

Use those 3 x 1sts for trades for an established player or players, and pay for Ben (and Lucas) with points from later picks.

We rack up a deficit next year, but have already gotten rid of our 1st rounder so it doesnt sting as much.

I say we go all in this year. Trade out out a future 1st to the Suns (they'll want it, and will pay overs), do the Owies and Martin trades and use whatever we get from those trades, along with our own second rounder to obtain another 1st this year (Brisbane would be keen, looking for points for Ashcroft).

Use those 3 x 1sts for trades for an established player or players, and pay for Ben (and Lucas) with points from later picks.

We rack up a deficit next year, but have already gotten rid of our 1st rounder so it doesnt sting as much.

The deficit only goes on our F1 if the bid for Ben comes in the first round.

And again, Brisbane will trade with Richmond for points, we won't be able to compete.

My understanding is that the deficit comes off your pick in the round the bid came.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1, He doesnt fill a need. He's a one-paced midfielder who averages 16 disposals & doesn't kick goals.
2, He's 31 start of next season.
3, We have younger guys like Cooper Lord & Binns we should be developing ahead of this guy.
4, He's not that good - doesn't exactly damage the opposition.

1, He doesnt fill a need. He's a one-paced midfielder who averages 16 disposals & doesn't kick goals.
2, He's 31 start of next season.
3, We have younger guys like Cooper Lord & Binns we should be developing ahead of this guy.
4, He's not that good - doesn't exactly damage the opposition.
Absolutely, Seb Ross is not getting a game at the Saints for a reason and our midfield is 10x better than the Saints'

If the suggestion that Leek Aleer intends to see out his final contract year at GWS next year is accurate, and the ITK suggestions that we're "into Leek Aleer" is also accurate, then Haynes could well just be a bridging recruitment to see us through one season.

If Aleer ends up recommitting to GWS beyond 2025, there's also a few other KPD free agents (Ballard and Collins) next year who we could also be working on.

List Management is all about timing. You can't just conjure up the perfect player for your needs in any given year, sometimes you have to make do until the right player comes along.
Only Haynes isnā€™t a KPD, if we got Tom McDonald Iā€™d agree and he would be a great bridging player

We'll have draft night trades ready if a bid comes in earlier than expected (but within range we want to match). We've seen it in recent years with Gold Coast and Brisbane. Trading on the night for points isn't that difficult.

What would you think he is worth, picks wise

I'd say 2 x 1sts, with later picks coming back

I think we could generate the currency, but I'd say Demons would need to pay some of his salary, which would increase the picks

Our two 1sts is a good starting point, but depending on how we go next week.

As it sits currently 11 and if Iā€™m Melbourne Iā€™m assuming next years 1st is 18.

11+18

I donā€™t see anything coming back. I think thereā€™s no way Melb pay any $$$$, Iā€™m tipping if Trac wants out, heā€™s going to have to take a pay cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back