List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Our two 1sts is a good starting point, but depending on how we go next week.

As it sits currently 11 and if Iā€™m Melbourne Iā€™m assuming next years 1st is 18.

11+18

I donā€™t see anything coming back. I think thereā€™s no way Melb pay any $$$$, Iā€™m tipping if Trac wants out, heā€™s going to have to take a pay cut.
Possibly, but with the introduction of trading picks for cap space, that might change

We dont.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2024-provisional-afl-draft-order-ā€“-now-up-to-date-but-not-live.1370742/

And Matt Owies is a 33 goal small forward who played all 23 games this year in a side that sat in the top 8 for most of the season.

He's worth more than a slight pick upgrade valued at 240 odd points.

He's a mid to late second rounder.

I think youā€™re missing the point here, B Camp is currently rated around pick 30, as things stand we wonā€™t get to use this pick as it will be used to match.

By trading 31 and Owies for 22, we get ahead of the bid for Ben and bring in a highly rated kid.

Josh Schache would be a good back up forward to take as a rookie.

I know there will be a lot of flack for this post.....

But....

Would be good to try and teach him the backline as well over summer...

Would get him very cheap $$$

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Forth time lucky!

I think youā€™re missing the point here, B Camp is currently rated around pick 30, as things stand we wonā€™t get to use this pick as it will be used to match.

By trading 31 and Owies for 22, we get ahead of the bid for Ben and bring in a highly rated kid.
Don't count on SOS or Dodoro (in his last draft) pulling a DH move. They won't use their first rounder as they aren't complete morons but if they have a 2nd rounder before pick 22, don't rule out one of them putting an early bid in.
That said, I'd take the pick upgrade and a mid to late 3rd rounder to ensure we have enough points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure as to why we would get rid of Hewett or Kennedy to pick up a significantly worse (and older) player in Ross?
Because Ross has been delisted so he would be free and on absolute minimum coin, Kennedy or Hewett are under contract so would hold some value in a trade and clear some cap space.

I'm not suggesting to do it btw... But its a perfectly reasonable idea. Offload Kennedy and Hewett for picks to help get Petracca and then bring in Ross as some extra depth... Wouldn't be the worst move I've seen suggested.

Why trade Cerra? Isnā€™t his upside larger than anything we would get in a trade for him?
Why? Like Harry, he's great, but he's still just a pawn we can sacrifice anytime we feel like it (hope that doesn't make it sound like we're fickle, or anything).

Really doesn't matter if he is contracted and is absolutely adamant he won't be traded ... I really wish these players would behave like pawns on a chessboard, instead of, like ... real people! Anyway, that's just a very small detail.

And, if he refuses to budge ... well, I'm sure there are ways we can motivate him to reconsider.

He might just need a little more explanation and 'encouragement' from some of our burly, zealous posters on this site to help him decide.

Why? Like Harry, he's great, but he's still just a pawn we can sacrifice anytime we feel like it (hope that doesn't make it sound like we're fickle, or anything).

Really doesn't matter if he is contracted and is absolutely adamant he won't be traded ... I really wish these players would behave like pawns on a chessboard, instead of, like ... real people! Anyway, that's just a very small detail.

And, if he refuses to budge ... well, I'm sure there are ways we can motivate him to reconsider.

He might just need a little more explanation and 'encouragement' from some of our burly, zealous posters on this site to help him decide.

A+ satire. Love it.

Because Ross has been delisted so he would be free and on absolute minimum coin, Kennedy or Hewett are under contract so would hold some value in a trade and clear some cap space.

I'm not suggesting to do it btw... But its a perfectly reasonable idea. Offload Kennedy and Hewett for picks to help get Petracca and then bring in Ross as some extra depth... Wouldn't be the worst move I've seen suggested.
So purposely make our team worse to get a junk draft pick and save a few $. Not for me. Not to mention that Seb Ross is so far past his best that he would be playing reserves permanently till we hit our round 21 injury crisis.

So purposely make our team worse to get a junk draft pick and save a few $. Not for me. Not to mention that Seb Ross is so far past his best that he would be playing reserves permanently till we hit our round 21 injury crisis.
Which midfield would you prefer?

Cripps
Walsh
Cerra
Kennedy
Hewett
Lij/Lord

or...

Cripps
Walsh
Petracca
Cerra
Ross
Lij/Lord

I think its a reasonable question. I'd certainly hope we'd have moved on from players of Ross' ability with the natural development of Lord, Elijah, Ollie, Wilson etc next year but I certainly wouldn't be calling for blood if we signed Ross as a free depth pick up if it helped secure us Petracca using the picks and cap space Kennedy and Hewett created.

Not sure. Been impressive and improved his fitness greatly but I reckon he will need another 2 pre seasons to be really up to speed. Would not suprise if he has a few up and down periods

If he can play 14-15 games at AFL level next I will be very happy

From 2026 is where I see him as a genuine lock best 22 player. However, if he steps up quicker next year I will be very happy
It all comes down to fitness. But he has way way more than any of the other forwards in our team. On talent he's miles ahead of anyone we already have. I think he will be fit enough. He doesn't seem to be getting injured. Unless he has an injury setback I reckon he walks into our side next season. He's got something that I have only seen from Jack Martin. He's a genuine half forward who can also impact in a pocket.

What I mean is he can win a lot of ball at half forward and he doesn't have to cover a lot of ground to do it. It's the lack of half forwards like this that kill our ball movement. Geelong went mad poaching these types from other clubs leading up to their last flag.

I think he has something we don't have that we desperately need.

I would not be surprised if Lord is the same. He's already doing things in the middle that none of the other mids do and we desperately need.

I think we may have got a few right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back