List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne rate Rivers. I think they extended his conteact recently. He has been filling in for Petracca in midfield on occasions since his injury and performing well. A 23 year old Premiership defender with 100 games in him who can also go into the midfield would be a great trade acquisition. Doubt the Dees would be interested in trading him though.
You talk too much sense

I can't beleive there is not one single back up defender in the state leagues, that is okay overhead, not dead slow, can spoil, mark a man and is durable. It frustrates me no end. I am sure there must be, I suppose we just have to wait till someone else like Geelong recruits them next year.

These A graders were out there and we could not see em...McGovern, Stewart, Blicavs, Collins, Rampe...etc...what are the chances our team can spot a solid B grader?

Jay Clark just revealed on Midweek tackle that Nick Haynes will be playing with us next year to bolster up our backline.

Great another 30 something year old playing reserves.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is why I think we're in good shape long term. When you add Cody Walker in two years a midfield of TDK, Walsh, Cerra, Walker, Ben Camporeale, Lucas Camporeale is a great starting point. Just need to get Walsh and Cerra fit.
I think walsh and cerra have chronic injuries and will never reach their former peaks

Every player we are associated with is an inside mid
Yeah Nick Haynes AA was alongside Gawn and Cripps along that line.

And anyway. **** yeah to Nick Haynes. He's a ****ing gun. Even if he's only got a year or two. He gives us a year or two to find and / or develop a real chb instead of ****ing around and mortgaging our future to force an acquisition that the opportunity wasn't really there for.

Also **** no to Caleb Daniel. **** no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about we manage our list by utilising what we have more effectively.

Kemp isn't a KPD(granted, there's nobody else atm)
Binns needs exposure, stop playing Hewett.
Young is a better ruck for the modern game than Pittonet

List is cooked.

Majorly.

Contested footy is dead.

Run, spread, maintain possession, foot-skills, athleticism.

Avoid the contest.

If we don't trade or draft for this and choose to bolster our contested beast stocks then we are toast for another 5 years.

My biggest fear with this team and the injuries that have helped kill our season

List management and recruiting will use them to mask the bigger, deeper, list problems and the lessons that are there for us to work on will be overlooked.

We'll return to the well and be in a similar position 12 months from now.

Please prove me wrong Carlton.

Great another 30 something year old playing reserves.

I honestly don't have a problem with this.

1. Great depth. If everyone's healthy (ha ha ****ing ha) he may not get many games.

2. We desperately need to recruit our future defensive unit -- players who will be hitting their straps when the likes of Weitering are starting to slow down. IF Haynes is getting a mix of senior games and VFL games what a fantastic mentor and bridge between the AFL and VFL sides.

If he's coming cheap it's all win and no loss.

How would posters feel about the Blues putting an offer to Tom Barrass? At 28yo possibly a little older than youā€™d like but youā€™re certainly in the flag window with a fit list) and Barrass is ready to go. WCE would be open to contributing salary for better picks if the cap was an issue but with the rise next year it may not be.

Shame about the injuries on the weekend, was shaping to be a cracking game.

How would posters feel about the Blues putting an offer to Tom Barrass? At 28yo possibly a little older than youā€™d like but youā€™re certainly in the flag window with a fit list) and Barrass is ready to go. WCE would be open to contributing salary for better picks if the cap was an issue but with the rise next year it may not be.

Shame about the injuries on the weekend, was shaping to be a cracking game.
I would be very open to it. Weā€™re in dire need of a secondary quality KPD.

But I donā€™t think we could come close to what Hawthorn are offering salary wise.

I would be very open to it. Weā€™re in dire need of a secondary quality KPD.

But I donā€™t think we could come close to what Hawthorn are offering salary wise.
Tomā€™s open to a move to any Melbourne club and preferably one challenging for finals. You guys are very much in the window and Mitch McGovern being there would be appealing as the little brother of his great mate.

WCE are going to struggle to hit the salary cap floor over the next few years so weā€™d prefer better picks and give a salary contribution. Blues have the picks to get a deal done and looks like it wouldnā€™t affect getting the campo boys based on draft projections.

Tomā€™s open to a move to any Melbourne club and preferably one challenging for finals. You guys are very much in the window and Mitch McGovern being there would be appealing as the little brother of his great mate.

WCE are going to struggle to hit the salary cap floor over the next few years so weā€™d prefer better picks and give a salary contribution. Blues have the picks to get a deal done and looks like it wouldnā€™t affect getting the campo boys based on draft projections.
We wonā€™t be offering up our first this year. It will be straight to the draft

sounds like he's all but signed with Hawks...

He's a terrific player and I'd certainly use our first plus whatever else - players to get him to us.

We wonā€™t be offering up our first this year. It will be straight to the draft
Not going to pretend to know your list better than posters in here but curious to know why that would be your strategy? Youā€™ve got a list ready for a flag, seems a second KPD is an area of need and recent history shows that elite ones donā€™t go to market very often. WCE are in a position to contribute salary to what is likely a tight cap.

Youā€™re getting a couple of good mids (especially Ben) through FS already, would of thought the 2 boys and Barrass would be a pretty good haul.

Again, not a criticism or trying to argue a view, more a question for my own knowledge of your list strategy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back