List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Like some others on here, I'm not real keen on Petracca. Don't get me wrong - he's a match winner - but the price both in $$ and draft capital would be massive, especially as he's still contracted. Dee's aint gonna let him go for a packet of chips.

We've got plenty of top end talent on our list - I agree with another poster that it's the next group underneath that which we should look at bolstering that won't break the bank.
Yep a collective team working as champions vs a handful of champs doing the heavy lifting.

The other guy we need to be into is Rachele. I know I’ve gone on an about it a fair bit but a fast small with natural goalkicking instincts and the ability to run through the middle of the ground is exactly what we need. I’d be willing to part with our first round draft pick and a bit more like a second round pick (we could get one for Owies) or, if they insisted, Moir, to get Rachele into the club.
I'd challenge this to a point.

He isn't that fast, relatively speaking. He doesn't generate a lot of separation through speed and often is pressured on his kicks due to not being able to put that step of separation.

I think his midfield scope is somewhat limited, compared to Rankine I don't think he has the tank, speed or explosiveness to have similar output.

He also lacks defensive pressure and can go missing when things don't go his way.

Having said that, I do rate him, I just think he has a bit of a ways to go. He has a bit of figjam, he needs to balance the healthy ego with the big headed side of it. I think he gets there, but right now he doesn't blow me away.

I'd challenge this to a point.

He isn't that fast, relatively speaking. He doesn't generate a lot of separation through speed and often is pressured on his kicks due to not being able to put that step of separation.

I think his midfield scope is somewhat limited, compared to Rankine I don't think he has the tank, speed or explosiveness to have similar output.

He also lacks defensive pressure and can go missing when things don't go his way.

Having said that, I do rate him, I just think he has a bit of a ways to go. He has a bit of figjam, he needs to balance the healthy ego with the big headed side of it. I think he gets there, but right now he doesn't blow me away.

He’s definitely got room for improvement but I guess that is part of the appeal. The fully developed versions of him costs a lot more than this version. If we get him now and if he comes on we’ll look back at it as a bargain.

Also the player described in your last comment is what we need. As much as we need a key defender I’m not parting with a first for Barass - he is one hitting the back away from retiring - I’m happy to give up for Rachele.

All of those you listed (Haynes, Parker, Wicks and Himmelberg - I don't know enough about Konstanty) would be huge acquisitions for us

I would love to be a player manager or list manager, I think it'd be such an interesting, rewarding and high pressure job

One defence given for keeping these injury prone guys is that they can’t easily be replaced because of their talent, but replacement are out there, I just hope Austen is looking hard enough.

Is it almost unanimous that the top 3 positions we need to fill this off-season are:
1. KPD
2. Third forward/general forward
3. Outside mid
seems there is good interest in Haynes but that’s not really kpd.

Based on 43 post we are salary capped out and the Alf’s salary increases will be chewed up by the millionaire club 🤦

seems there is good interest in Haynes but that’s not really kpd.

Based on 43 post we are salary capped out and the Alf’s salary increases will be chewed up by the millionaire club 🤦
Haven’t other ITK’s suggested that our salary cap isn’t as bad as everyone thinks it is? We clearly had enough to offer Hayward a lofty salary

We should take advantage of Melbourne being in crisis and make a play for Steven May.

Did hard Blue bagger growing up who did his AIS training with us. Probably wants a shot at another flag.

Ideal partner for Weiters down back.
The media need to jump in the dees needing to rebuild before they start offloading players.

They could re load relatively quickly by losing a player or two the next two years.

With this chat I’d say they will sack the coach if they got a sniff of a exodus

Haven’t other ITK’s suggested that our salary cap isn’t as bad as everyone thinks it is? We clearly had enough to offer Hayward a lofty salary
which to believe??

But I’m swaying more towards we’d be removing some players off the books to clear some space as well.

We prolly had that in mind when considering Hayward.

2025 Proposed line up BEFORE we even add anyone

B: Docherty O’Keefe McGovern
HB: Wilson Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Kemp
HF: Elijah McKay Moir
F: Silvagni Curnow Motlop
Foll: TDK Cerra Walsh
Int: Cowan Lord Newman Boyd Fogarty Ollie Williams Cincotta Kennedy Hewett Lemmey Binns

That’s a heck of a side of fit and playing to a good game style

Then we add……………..Pick 8 Pick 14 Pick 28 Haynes Garcia Konstanty and Campo Twins and a DFA (McMahon)
Why is Harry okeefe playing fullback

A combination of the below, plus hitting the draft would be a good off-season:

Stone - Martin
Haynes (FA) - Marchbank
Peatling - Carroll
Konstanty - Owies
McMahon (DFA) - Young
Grainger-Barras (DFA) - Big Durdin

BP: Haynes
CHB: Grainger-Barras
MID: Peatling
HF/MID: Stone
SF: Konstanty
FF: McMahon

Last edited:
Hawthorn last year brought in Chol Ginnivan D’Ambrosio & Cooper Stephens in cheaply and then drafted Watson & Dear

That’s the type of off season we need. This along with a fit list has us back around the top 4

Would be ideal.

Hawks did have a lot more cap space than us to make moves, but none of those guys were overly expensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upgrade on owies. Can turn a game like he did tonight. Only one of our mids and one of our forwards can turn a game like he can
A luke warm beer would be an upgrade on Owies. Go get a dynamic small forwards to replace him, not a soon to be retired lumbering inside mid who can push forward on occasion.

Would be ideal.

Hawks did have a lot more cap space than us to make moves, but none of those guys were overly expensive.
The D”Ambrosio pick up is the one to focus on or the good one, people have seen Chol for years and he’s done well, but the Massimo trade according to him was down to ESS telling him he would struggle to get games and Hawks telling him they had a spot for him.

Reminds me of Acres comments regarding his move, his club offered a crap deal that showed how little they rated him, we then showed we valued him more.

Another move like this would be ideal

Not sure about that, he's the best 1v1 defender in the comp by a margin which the stats show. He has been for a few years. Suggesting his intercepting is better would have him as the best intercepting backman by a long way.

But your overall point I agree with, I'd like him to be allowed to play a little looser and more an intercepting role, it's something we miss. I know McGov and Kemp notionally play the role but I'm not convinced by either.
He was drafted as a CHB with a strong intercept game.
A dour FB doesn't go pick 1, we just made him one out of necessity.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back