List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Id rather hang on to Cerra TBH. In the event that a Harry trade is possible, I'd rather look towards getting Jack Lukosius coming in as second fiddle to Charlie than bring in Petracca.

Hold Cerra, bring in Houston and Lukosius.
The only way we could get close to bringing those two in is by giving something decent up
ie Cerra , would be my pick as he’s been disappointing through injury and form so hasn’t really paid dividends
Harry I reckon is untouchable along with Cripps, Charlie , TDK and Weiters

Id rather hang on to Cerra TBH. In the event that a Harry trade is possible, I'd rather look towards getting Jack Lukosius coming in as second fiddle to Charlie than bring in Petracca.

Hold Cerra, bring in Houston and Lukosius.
Trade Mckay are people here ******ed see how well he covers the ground and kicking his marking also elite. Mckay and Curnow are rare they could play up to 34 - 35.

The club can win it in 2025 and 2026 even this year if making 8. They get a week off all they need to do is believe and play at best. Curnow and Mckay will be back possibly one this week and likely Saad hopefully De Koning during finals if we made it.

Boyd and Cerra might miss out if team has been doing the job and not match fit as bringing 4 players injured back might be a bit much. 2027 and 2028 we might dip but with a new faces in midfield and smart moves like Geelong done as well as GWS we can be back as long as the young ones develop and we got key defenders Weitering will be there until 34 at least.

We urgently need players who can break lines and hit targets. Hawthorn has shown how quickly you can bounce if you apply speed across all lines combined with elite ball users. Additional speed would help us defend turnovers and our ball use unfortunately isn't good enough. Our prime on ballers are all poor kicks outside Cerra. We need speed and skill. The Hawks are surgically picking teams apart with hardly any big-name players.

On Gettable they were saying they had info that Voss may have been in touch with Houston...

Can add to this that a current listed Carlton player was "trying" to help get Dan across. No prizes for guessing who and not really worth passing along until now because the amount of players who would be trying to get anothrr player onto their team would end up with every player on the one list.

Further, the day after I saw this Port came out with the "we want two first round draft picks" leak to the media and my reaction was to think "well that's too rich for us."

But where there's smoke...

Trade Mckay are people here ******ed see how well he covers the ground and kicking his marking also elite. Mckay and Curnow are rare they could play up to 34 - 35. The club can win it in 2025 and 2026 even this year if making 8. They get a week off all they need to do is believe and play at best. Curnow and Mckay will be back possibly one this week and likely Saad hopefully De Koning during finals if we made it. Boyd and Cerra might miss out if team has been doing the job and not match fit as bringing 4 players injured back might be a bit much. 2027 and 2028 we might dip but with a new faces in midfield and smart moves like Geelong done as well as GWS we can be back as long as the young ones develop and we got key defenders Weitering will be there until 34 at least.
no way do you trade Harry.

Can add to this that a current listed Carlton player was "trying" to help get Dan across. No prizes for guessing who and not really worth passing along until now because the amount of players who would be trying to get anothrr player onto their team would end up with every player on the one list.

Further, the day after I saw this Port came out with the "we want two first round draft picks" leak to the media and my reaction was to think "well that's too rich for us."

But where there's smoke...
who's from SA on our list?

Moir, Durds... anyone else?

Some peoples memories of players seem to go back max a month or so here:

Stupid things I’ve read:

- Trade Harry (had an excellent year until the concussion/virus)

He's a gun, but I'm finding myself open to it.

Reason being I think in the modern game you can get by with 1 gun KPF - shit Collingwood won with just McStay last year. It's all about rebound, ball movement and creating space in the 50 right now. Could we get to the level we need to get to by having just a workhorse KPF who stays out of Charlie's way and creates space for him & the 3rd tall?

You could argue McKay does that already, but would it be that hard to find someone else to do the same, whilst freeing up some cap space to round out our 22 a bit better?

Maybe release Curnow up the ground to give him that Jeremy Cameron role & leave Harry at home (Geelong won it in '22 with this method), but honestly, his set shot kicking (whilst improved) still isn't reliable enough to play that role - especially in big moments.

Love him, not saying 'hes shit let's trade him', just think he may be surplus to our needs.

I realize I'll get heat for this opinion but whatever.

He's a gun, but I'm finding myself open to it.

Reason being I think in the modern game you can get by with 1 gun KPF - shit Collingwood won with just McStay last year. It's all about rebound, ball movement and creating space in the 50 right now. Could we get to the level we need to get to by having just a workhorse KPF who stays out of Charlie's way and creates space for him & the 3rd tall?

You could argue McKay does that already, but would it be that hard to find someone else to do the same, whilst freeing up some cap space to round out our 22 a bit better?

Maybe release Curnow up the ground to give him that Jeremy Cameron role & leave Harry at home (Geelong won it in '22 with this method), but honestly, his set shot kicking (whilst improved) still isn't reliable enough to play that role - especially in big moments.

Love him, not saying 'hes shit let's trade him', just think he may be surplus to our needs.

I realize I'll get heat for this opinion but whatever.
I’m in the don’t be silly …no way we trade H….

But I get what you’re saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston and Petracca would be awesome to watch but I still think we should stick to the plan and head to the draft/pick up some budget options.

The speculation however, is making me think a name could be departing Ikon park in the off season. Cerra? Harry? There's just no other way we'd be getting linked to names of that ilk with our cap space as restricted as it is.
Of course there is - journos throwing as much shit at the wall as possible hoping something might stick. Trade radio has started despite the fact that the home and away season hasn't even finished. One player has announced he'd like to be traded.

This is, to put it simply, the start of the ridiculously long run-up to the trade period. Gotta get the rumours flowing now so they can fill time with them until something of substance presents itself.

Its a board joke. Someone once came into the board claiming to be "in the know" saying that the only reason Cam Polson got a contract and games at Carlton is that he was dating SOS's daughter. Only problem is that SOS only has sons.
I thought he meant Dan Houstan was Jack Silvagni friend and Dan sister was engaged to Jack but she called off then dated Cameron Polson. I thought the jokes people made was he having photos of the coach. Polson was unlucky wasn't settled in a position he was the underlying long term project for Marc Murphy. He looked good down pre season but unfortunately the covid season ended him and he knew it at that game when he turned over after making a good effort getting the ball..

no way do you trade Harry.

I just hope Harry does a bit more ruck work during pre season

He is an athlete and having him second ruck to TDK gives us a more mobile side and options and IMO makes him better by keeping him involved

With Kemp & Charlie I hope to see all three have time up the ground during games and make us less predictable

Last edited:
The other consideration for those in the "trade Harry" camp, is that he is part of the core group of players at our club who have come together and agreed to take unders on their contracts in the interests of driving for a flag. What message does it send to his mates who have also taken a financial hit in the interests of giving the club greater flexibility and buying power for other players, when one of them gets trundled out the door.

We have a cohort of leaders who have sacrificed personal gain for the club. Those are the guys that set the example. Those are the guys who drive the culture. Those are the guys you keep.

Much rather Houston (for a few reasons) over Trac and think its wayyy more likely.

Not sure how we'd get it done, but if he wants it enough and Port are open... can see it happening. Though I won't say I'm not nervous about this kind of deal. It does help now, thankfully, that our Campo boys are sliding down the order.

McKay would be a crazy trade. Would rather turn him into a key defender which is high priority. He and Weitering would be two AA quality key backs. McKay is also an AA quality key forward. Also plays part time ruck at a high level.

We wouldn't trade someone of that level who could fill two crucial spots in our side and three crucial roles.

The only excess of good player we have are with our inside mids. We have a lot of quality big bodies in the centre but an excess there.

I think we will very much behave like Geelong and Sydney. Plenty of players are tradable. But not the cream.
Heard Buckley say on SEN that he'd trade Curnow before McKay for that very reason.

Still is his best mate and very close to Ben as well.

I should've said 'been his best mate since they were kids..."

But yes.

A shame SOS didn't listen to Jack back in '15.

I should've said 'been his best mate since they were kids..."

But yes.

A shame SOS didn't listen to Jack back in '15.

They played footy together all the way to draft time, SOS would have seen Houston play countless times, obviously didn’t rate him enough.

Was Houston a late bloomer?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back