List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do offer/have offered him a one year deal, I suspect it's the kind of lowball one year deal that tells him we'd rather he found another home, but tells any other interested clubs that we're not delisting him so they can have him for free.
This is why I think the whole off-season trading/drafting period is flawed and needs a revamp.

1. Clubs should be assigned draft points based on ladder positions leading into the trade period instead of a draft order.
  2. Any uncontracted player should be able to sign for whichever club they choose. Based on the average of their most recent contract and their new contract, a certain number of points should be deducted from the club that the player goes to and awarded to the club they came from. No more haggling required.
  3. If a club isn't willing to forfeit any draft points to sign a player, that player should go into the draft.
  4. At the end of the trade period, the number of points each club has determines the draft order.
  5. As opposed to players entering the draft for the first time, players with AFL experience can nominate higher salary terms, with the maximum being the average AFL wage of players with their number of years of experience from the previous season.
  6. Players drafted in the first round get a three-year deal, 2nd and 3rd rounds get a two year deal, and from 4th rounds onwards, a minimum of one year. (There is no rookie draft.)
  7. If the player is undrafted at that point they can be signed for free by a club with open list positions.
It means clubs would only need to negotiate trades on contracted players, which would be easier to do because you're not scrambling to find a mid-second-round pick when you've got a late first-round and early third, you just handover the agreed number of points.

This would stop clubs from losing decent uncontracted players for virtually nothing if another club genuinely wants that player.

Last edited:
Think he's been dropped 3 times this year for either not putting his body on the line, form or this case of immaturity.

I used to think he would be a perfect fit, but I'd be very wary of picking him up, especially considering the price that the crows will demand.

Rachele has played all 22 games this year, 0 games as sub.

Last year he missed 1 game with suspension and played 1 game as the sub.

He injured his hip in round 16 of his debut year and missed the rest of the year. The only other time he missed games that year were weeks 11-13 when he was rested through either side of the Crows bye.

This would be the first time he has been dropped.

For someone accused of being a bit of a squib he pressures well defensively (only Fogarty and Hollands who play further up the ground than Rachele have more tackles as Carlton forwards) and doesn't play for free kicks anywhere close to the level other players do (e.g. the comparison someone made to Ginnivan is off base; Ginnivan has almost twice as many free kicks).

Has he shirked a few contests? Sure but he's a young small forward and this will change as he physically matures.

Agree. If owies delivered a top 30 pick, and we have an eye on someone, I would consider it. Whilst 30+ goal kickers don't grow on trees, his tackle numbers are low and I think his performances gainst top 8 sides are poor
Rubbish, his tackling numbers - averages 2.3 this year - are entirely comparable to most small forwards....

1724293183999.png

Why are we trading owies , dont get it . 30 plus goals a year in a forward line the ball never ever goes to himā€¦
Doesnā€™t make sense unless its the pick that gets Houston .. also 2 firsts for Houston is ok aslong as we get 2 seconds back something like that

I don't know if we are but we are restricted because we gave players contract extensions when there was no need. We need spots but IMO we have limited our options with poor decisions

We need a shake up of the forward line mix so the club has probably seen that Owies is the only one worth while moving on as he's at his peak value and the rest are at an all time low.

Buy low, Sell high.

I don't think he's the type who will be missed anyway, if Durdin or Motlop lived up to even a scrap of their potential they'd match what Owies is doing atm.

What role/position do people genuinely think doc will play in 2025?
I love the guy but thought the game was moving faster than him and his kicking
Curious what role others see him playing as if everyone is fit (haha funny I know) Iā€™m not sure heā€™s an auto selection..donā€™t shoot me
Come off the bench and be a problem solver.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should go after Perryman as a free agent will be similar to George and wouldnā€™t cost a draft pick if we can afford 700-750K a year.

Can play mid wing or shutdown defender and only 25. Also think a good target would be Dougal Howard will be cheap and still only 28, was very good for PA hasnā€™t quite come on for STK but I think will thrive under weitering.

Keep our first rounder this year and get the best available small forward. Not a fan of Haynes already have plenty of intercept defenders and it will only be for 1-2 years plus not always on the park.
Good mates with Kennedy too

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends how fed up they are with him - but agree that they will ask for a haul.

It's not just the immaturity, I think it's the unwillingness to consistently put his body on the line. Particularly in this game just gone, talking big during the week the winding up the crowd only to shirk a 1v1 contest against a 9 gamer... it's an embarassing look.

He's not the first and he won't be the last to do it, it's just that when you talk that way, then do things like that, it annoys your team mates, your fans, and gets the opposition fans and players up and about.
No doubt heā€™s shirked contests in the past..

Being called out for the one on weekend, by Cornes is a bit stiff. Looked to me he was trying to grab the ball and spin out backwards, but missed the ball.

He could make us better, Iā€™d look at him for the right costā€¦

Iā€™d trade out draft picks every year, for proven talent under 21yo.. As shown throughout this thread our past draft choices have been a lottery (havenā€™t exactly nailed it since 2015) and weā€™d still be bringing in young talentā€¦

No doubt heā€™s shirked contests in the past..

Being called out for the one on weekend, by Cornes is a bit stiff. Looked to me he was trying to grab the ball and spin out backwards, but missed the ball.

He could make us better, Iā€™d look at him for the right costā€¦

Iā€™d trade out draft picks every year, for proven talent under 21yo.. As shown throughout this thread our past draft choices have been a lottery (havenā€™t exactly nailed it since 2015) and weā€™d still be bringing in young talentā€¦
I called it out live, irrespective of Cornes - who's criticism I haven't seen. I get what he was trying to do, I think it was 50-50. In either case he chose the physically easy option, based on his record that's how I see it anyway. When you have a history of it you sort of lose the benefit of the doubt.

If Cripps had done it no doubt you'd say he was just trying to be a bit too crafty in that moment, but as it's Rachele, it's called soft.

Big no for Houston.

Doesn't fit a need and not really an upgrade on anyone in the position.

I rate Doc, Saad and Newman above him.

Cowan is developing beautifully so don't want him to get less opportunities and Boyd can play a larger role I reckon.

Also the draft pick cost for a player who is not a star is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Itā€™s been repeated a lot already butā€¦

Nothing wrong with our forward lineā€¦.

Change the mindset of how we kick into f50. Either bring mids with better composure and kicking or teach the current mob to lower eyes and pass to forwards who lead rather than plonk on top of pack.

What role/position do people genuinely think doc will play in 2025?
I love the guy but thought the game was moving faster than him and his kicking
Curious what role others see him playing as if everyone is fit (haha funny I know) Iā€™m not sure heā€™s an auto selection..donā€™t shoot me

I tend to agree, I think there are a few names that shouldnt be considered automatic best 22 selections that I think we should move on from, to move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back