List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

I always assumed Barrass would be too expensive for us yet we are clearly considering how to get Petracca and Houston.

Clearly the Hawks put a lot of time into committing to him and we didnā€™t. Another example of by Austen misjudging our list needs.
Is it? How do you know we didnā€™t ask the question, and he said no? Or that we took into account his back issues heā€™s had over the last couple of years? Not everything is Nick Austinā€™s fault

Wait, what? Jeez I hope you are right Weirdo as you've named one of the all time great Carlton stars here. And yes I am old enough to know.
Are you really "old enough to know" anyone before the 60s and onwards? Very few can call on personal knowledge of the 50s much less 40s and before that it's basically no-one. That's pretty much the first half of the club's history that is lost to living memory. Sadly. But I suppose if you can recall even back to the late 60s (as I can) you've got a far handle on many of the clubs all-time greats. To be clear I don't doubt Crippa is one of our all time greats, but I doubt many are "old enough to know", that gets at best the second half of Carlton's history, for the first half we have to rely on historical records.
If people are saying our forward line is better with only one of the big boys, H or Charlie -

ā€¦and we need a key defender, why not play Harry back ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If we can get his ankle right why not Charlie back? We've seen what he can do when dropping back as a spare late in quarters etc

Last edited:
I always assumed Barrass would be too expensive for us yet we are clearly considering how to get Petracca and Houston.

Clearly the Hawks put a lot of time into committing to him and we didnā€™t. Another example of by Austen misjudging our list needs.
And clearly you know the details of the trade, and clearly you know how much time Carlton and other clubs put into him, and clearly you know the reasons why he chose Hawthorn, and clearly you know how much we're considering Petracca and Houston.

And a word of advice...if you're gonna slag someone in a public forum, it's probably a good idea to at least get their name right.

Josh Schache would be a good back up forward to take as a rookie.

I know there will be a lot of flack for this post.....

But....

Would be good to try and teach him the backline as well over summer...

Would get him very cheap $$$

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

But....

Sorry TQB consider yourself flacked šŸ™ƒ

But....

God help us if we're playing Josh Scache down back next season

haynes is a great pickup. Instead of spending draft capital on a late round project we get Haynes. We are saying bye to marchy durdin (and kemp) as defenders. Even if we get leek I don't want govs only backup swinging kemp down there again. Haynes for a year and spend those points on the Campos seems a good way to balance. Keeps competition for spots with Young if there's injury.

Team is in win now mode so you need ready backups as much as you need top line talent. Having some pick 65 defender as the only option that isn't young next season ? Yuck.

If we can't get Leek the Haynes pickup seems even more required.

Don't agree. I think he has better, less expensive targets

I'm not sure we are "considering" Houston or Petracca either. Media vs reality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haynes is a great pickup. Instead of spending draft capital on a late round project we get Haynes. We are saying bye to marchy durdin (and kemp) as defenders. Even if we get leek I don't want govs only backup swinging kemp down there again. Haynes for a year and spend those points on the Campos seems a good way to balance. Keeps competition for spots with Young if there's injury.

Team is in win now mode so you need ready backups as much as you need top line talent. Having some pick 65 defender as the only option that isn't young next season ? Yuck.

If we can't get Leek the Haynes pickup seems even more required.

From a "List" point of view I still think people aren't considering Silvagni, Lemmey or O'Keefe going back and that we still have Young on our List

And we could easily bring in Aleer, Haynes and maybe a young KPD

On a LIST, that is a lot

If we lose Owies 30 goals we need to replace with something comparable for next season.

Berry might be a good prospect but he isnā€™t going to kick 30 goals for us next year.

We will. Williams Durdin Motlop Fogarty all have upside as smaller forwards

I still think its more about how we deliver it, that's our biggest issue

Last edited:
If we lose Owies 30 goals we need to replace with something comparable for next season.

Berry might be a good prospect but he isnā€™t going to kick 30 goals for us next year.

I reckon a proven goalkicker like Rachele could be got for the same price.

The rest of it looks great especially if one of those other draft picks is Oā€™Farrell.

Not sure why Berry couldn't, to be honest.

Weightman has been 1.5 goals a game or more since the day he was drafted.
Ginnivan averaged 1.2 a game in his first (5-game) season, but jumped to 1.7 a game the year after, playing 23 games.
Watson has averaged 1.1 a game this year but was laughably inaccurate early on - has generated 43 scoring shots from 16 games.

If you get a good small forward in, there's plenty of evidence to show that they can provide some solid scoreboard impact from very early in their careers. Berry has averaged more than two goals a game over 13 games in the Coates League this year, so there's merit in thinking he could come in and kick 30+ across a season if he stays fit.

I also think Moir could quite easily slot into the Owies role next year. Owies isn't a goal-sneak, he's a hit-up small forward and Moir can absolutely play that role well. He's kicked two goals from two quarters of footy, 1.5 a game next year isn't a stretch.

But....

Iā€™ll give you a tenuous pass mark here. If we get a KP kid in the draft, I would not be against Schache as a ROOKIE, depth option. Not the worst back up going around. Has already played plenty of backline over last couple of years. Depth only unless he somehow put some fire in his belly.

Not sure why Berry couldn't, to be honest.

Weightman has been 1.5 goals a game or more since the day he was drafted.
Ginnivan averaged 1.2 a game in his first (5-game) season, but jumped to 1.7 a game the year after, playing 23 games.
Watson has averaged 1.1 a game this year but was laughably inaccurate early on - has generated 43 scoring shots from 16 games.

If you get a good small forward in, there's plenty of evidence to show that they can provide some solid scoreboard impact from very early in their careers. Berry has averaged more than two goals a game over 13 games in the Coates League this year, so there's merit in thinking he could come in and kick 30+ across a season if he stays fit.

I also think Moir could quite easily slot into the Owies role next year. Owies isn't a goal-sneak, he's a hit-up small forward and Moir can absolutely play that role well. He's kicked two goals from two quarters of footy, 1.5 a game next year isn't a stretch.
Small forwards and quality flankers in general have always shown the ability to impact from very early on compared to say a KPD or a full time inside mid (Outside of the Walsh, Ashcroft, Daicos types). I don't think Berry would be a lock to kick 30+ in his first season as he got used to the pace of the game but I'd back him in to be having just as much impact as Owies by the end of his first season or at least in his 2nd season.

Owies is a very very limited footballer in essentially the best forward line structure he would ask for. Yes our delivery inside 50 is poor at times but he gets to basically run around without a direct opponent half the time due to the amount of attention Mckay and Curnow get. The fact that none of our other small forwards are capable of regularly hitting the scoreboard is more of an indictment on them than it is a compliment for Owies.

I'd have no issues selling him at a high and bringing in some higher end talent whether it be to replace him or fill other list needs.

Small forwards and quality flankers in general have always shown the ability to impact from very early on compared to say a KPD or a full time inside mid (Outside of the Walsh, Ashcroft, Daicos types). I don't think Berry would be a lock to kick 30+ in his first season as he got used to the pace of the game but I'd back him in to be having just as much impact as Owies by the end of his first season or at least in his 2nd season.

Owies is a very very limited footballer in essentially the best forward line structure he would ask for. Yes our delivery inside 50 is poor at times but he gets to basically run around without a direct opponent half the time due to the amount of attention Mckay and Curnow get. The fact that none of our other small forwards are capable of regularly hitting the scoreboard is more of an indictment on them than it is a compliment for Owies.

I'd have no issues selling him at a high and bringing in some higher end talent whether it be to replace him or fill other list needs.

Owies is a good handy player. He is not someone who changes the dynamic of a list or cannot be replaced

In the end it's what we get for him.

Berry, Dattoli, Campo twins, Leek Aleer and Garcia would be a be trade/ draft period for me.
Don't think we'd go Berry, Dattoli and Garcia in one hit. More likely a mid or KPP at our first pick or used in a trade for a proven talent (Houston or Petracca). But I'd be very happy to see Leek Aleer in the door though. Supreme athlete.

Don't think we'd go Berry, Dattoli and Garcia in one hit. More likely a mid or KPP at our first pick or used in a trade for a proven talent (Houston or Petracca). But I'd be very happy to see Leek Aleer in the door though. Supreme athlete.
I guess it depends if we think Lemmey is up to it. I would love to pick up McMahon from our reserves as a rookie. With Ben Campo plus the addition of Lord do we really need another mid?

List Balance 2025: Italics can play more than One genuine position

Tall Defenders:

Weitering McGovern Young Silvagni Lemmey

Running Defenders:

Docherty Saad Newman Cowan Cincotta Boyd Ollie Wilson L.Campo M.Carroll

Rucks:

TDK Pittonet O'Keefe Mirkov?

Mids/Wings:

Cripps Walsh Cerra Kennedy Hewett Lord Acres Elijah Ollie Docherty Binns Kemp B.Campo Cincotta

Tall Forwards:

McKay Curnow O'Keefe Lemmey Kemp TDK Silvagni

Smaller/Mid Forwards:

Williams Motlop Durdin Fogarty Elijah Moir Fantasia Cottrell

Draft picks, Trades etc to be added.

Says to me we need some height in defence and maybe some leg speed through middle. Genuine X factor small forward and a mature depth ruck.

Shows me it's just a few extra pieces and form and fitness plus improved game style is the KEY to success in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back