List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

You really think that getting rid of Kennedy and Hewett would make one iota of difference in terms of getting Petracca? We would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for either. Kennedy is an unrestricted free agent having been delisted previously (afaik) and Hewett was reported to be on a 4 year deal at $400k per year. So you save maybe $650k and have to pay $200k - $250k for Ross. SO you are maybe $400K - $450K better off and maybe a couple of third rounders.

Peracca is allegedly on a minimum of $1.2 mill and a maximum of $1.7mill per year for the next five years. Even if he takes a fairly big haircut you'd be still a long, long way short. And risk rupturing the fabric of the team with two heart and soul tough players shown the door.

Clearly we would need some Melbourne Storm like accounting to fit Petracca under our salary cap as it currently stands. I appreciate your logic but taking on finished players like Seb Ross would be a no for me.

I would doubt that Kennedy is on $80,000-$130,000 under the average wage and claiming clubs trading players like Kennedy and Hewett could rupture the fabric of a football club is pretty far fetched.

But like every time here, someone asks if we would be interested in Ross, i responded with, not unless we traded out one of our mids, if not, no.

Then you have several posters who dont read, saying I canā€™t believe you want to trade Kennedy and Hewett for Ross.

Itā€™s not what was said, its not what was implied

If Carroll leaves what would we get in return? Is a second rounder too optimistic?
Less than what we gave Geelong for Fogarty. They got a second round pick upgrade and a late third. We'd probably get the 50-60 type pick and thatd be it.

Fogarty and Pick 38 to the Blues for Picks 30 and 51.

Jarryd Lyons had shown more and was Lyons + 71 for picks 43 and 67.

I think people continue despite years and years of evidence overrate the pick value of average players.

I feel like I've said this for the last few years but this off season feels like our most important yet. Hopefully we can address some of our list issues and hopefully we can do it on the cheap too:

In:
A non injury prone KPD to help Weiters.
A non injury prone midfielder with good leg speed.
A non injury prone player with good foot skills who will deliver darts into forward line.

Out:
Players who are constantly injured and in & out of the team.

Less than what we gave Geelong for Fogarty. They got a second round pick upgrade and a late third. We'd probably get the 50-60 type pick and thatd be it.

Fogarty and Pick 38 to the Blues for Picks 30 and 51.

Jarryd Lyons had shown more and was Lyons + 71 for picks 43 and 67.

I think people continue despite years and years of evidence overrate the pick value of average players.
We arenā€™t going to get a massive bounty, but I think you are underselling a little bit.

Carroll is younger and playing more regular AFL footy, albeit with an injury angle. Early third or a second round upgrade not out of the question. The kid has a future and upgrades most of the Eagles young mids

Owies almost impossible to work out. Take a line through Schultz trading to Collingwood and it is a future first, plus. It could be argued similar impact and tenure. We are pushing him out to a degree, so that is not happening, but to suggest it is for chump change is too much the other way.

Martin may pull us a token third or fourth rounder, but that is neither here nor there.

If we can somehow bundle them in to another second rounder, it would be a win. A second (or third) pick in a deep draft would be excellent.

If Houston or Petracca become realistic options for manageable prices, we may look at being creative, but I struggle to see how with that reported wage. I really only expect Haynes as a free agent and a genuine KPD option on the trade front. Not sure we shake Aleer loose, it would likely be for a future first rounder, with hopefully something coming back. We may be forced to take a journeyman in the sunset of his career as a stopgap to be honest. The KPD market is thin and there are more buyers than sellers around the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stengle 42.16 23 games
Greene 41.30 22
Hayward 38.15 23
Cameron C 37.26 23
Pickett 36.24 21
Higgins (ugh!) 36.20 20
Owies 33.13 23

Just compared small forwards this year as above.
Owies ranked number 30 overall.
So, can score, is durable and accurate.
What is he worth? you could argue a late first rounder to a club with an impotent forward line. Or generally an early second at least.

We arenā€™t going to get a massive bounty, but I think you are underselling a little bit.

Carroll is younger and playing more regular AFL footy, albeit with an injury angle. Early third or a second round upgrade not out of the question. The kid has a future and upgrades most of the Eagles young mids

Owies almost impossible to work out. Take a line through Schultz trading to Collingwood and it is a future first, plus. It could be argued similar impact and tenure. We are pushing him out to a degree, so that is not happening, but to suggest it is for chump change is too much the other way.

Martin may pull us a token third or fourth rounder, but that is neither here nor there.

If we can somehow bundle them in to another second rounder, it would be a win. A second (or third) pick in a deep draft would be excellent.
Just not confident in 'dime a dozen' mids getting much.

Yeah owies I have no idea. I'd not be surprised with a second. I'd not be surprised if nobody wanted him. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

A 33 goal fwd is worth a 2nd rndr, owies
Is it? Or do scouts say all the attention goes to Harry and Charlie and any small lead up would have kicked 30 in our offense. Which also scores highly...

I think they also look and say - wtf does he actually do. He can't crumb, he's got a short leg, fumbles, lays tackles around stoppages and at the fall because he's always second there, slow but good work rate.

Honestly I don't know how to value him as I said to Coona. Wouldn't be surprised if no one wanted him.

I'm just saying that if he went at number 2 in his Draft there has to be talent hidden away somewhere....

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have you seen Inception before? Schache's talent is hidden away down in the 3rd layer of dream protected by the imaginary military security forces

I think that regardless if we bring in another mid, Hewett is the player that gets dropped as our game style evolves.

Kennedys a bloody good mark & great set shot, perfect mid rotation coverage.

We have the kids to come thru & we 100% need to get more game time into them, they take Hewetts spot while he sits in the 2s as ā€œbreak in case of emergencyā€.

We canā€™t get game time into kids without changing the line up.

Realistically if Hew got a decent offer it would make sense for him to go else where for a guaranteed starting spot each week.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back