List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney 2019 draft
Dylan Stephens (pick five), Will Gould (pick 26) and Elijah Taylor (pick 36). Warner (pick 39) is the last one standing at the club.

Drafting is so difficult to get right
Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 1.58.51 pm.png

Hoping one of

Butts, SDK, Kolodjasjni, Aleer, J.Williams, T.Young, Miller or May.

No way we go into 2025 with Weitering, Haynes and Lemmey as our only KPD options.

I know itā€™s been reported that Aleer wants to see out the last year of his contract with the giants but it was also reported that Houston was staying at Port.
Aleer remains parked behind Taylor Buckley Idun and Himmelberg at the giants.
A starting position alongside Weitering and a new contract would be his for the taking at the Blues.
Our 2025 first rounder would also be around the mark for him in trade.
I just keep coming back to him as the ā€œrightā€ option that could be negotiated.
Leaves pick 11 for Houston and the backline is stacked and ready to rock.

Saad Weitering McGovern
Houston Aleer Cowan

Leaves pick 31 and any return on Owies/Kennedy/Young trades along with our 3 x 4th rounders to manoeuvre with during trade week and into the draft ā€¦

Am I the only one that thinks if we are to give up multiple first round picks its better off trying to get Patracca or Sdk rather than another hbf that can easily found elsewhere

Petracca is the game changer.
If it were possible, everything else gets parked.
Geelong would want 2 x 1st rounders for SDK.
How would you prefer to spend 2 x 1st rounders ?
SDK on his own
Or
Aleer and Houston

Am I the only one that thinks if we are to give up multiple first round picks its better off trying to get Patracca or Sdk rather than another hbf that can easily found elsewhere
Thatā€™s a fair point, and I agree with the first part of the sentence.

However, attracting players isnā€™t easyā€”we canā€™t just pick and choose whoever we want. There are plenty of players who would rather go to other clubs instead of coming to Carlton. So, when the opportunity comes to recruit an All-Australian medium defender wo is beautiful kick, youā€™ve got to take it.

Plus, we donā€™t always know who the club has been targeting behind the scenes. We likely only hear a fraction of the efforts being made so I trust the club is doing their best to secure the best available to them.

Iā€™d offer Gary Rohan a 1 year contract on 2 points.

1. We up our list from 0 to 1 of players named Gary.
2. So Kelly Underwood can call ā€œCripps passes it to Gary from the Orange Teamā€

Thinking about the draft.

Currently the Academy or F/S players who you would expect to attract a bid in the first 30 or so based on Rookie Me's rankings

2. Levi Ashcroft (BL)
11. Leonardo Lombard (GC)
13. Isaac Kako (Ess)
24. Sam Marshall (BL)

If the bids came at those picks on current draft positions they would pay:

Ashcroft = Pick 17, Pick 55, Pick 69 and a 550 point deficit in 2025 First Round

Lombard = Pick 12, getting Pick 56 back

Kako = Pick 28 and a 292 point deficit in 2025 first round

Marshall is moot, Lions can't even cover Ashcroft with current hand

Lions and Essendon will be wanting to trade around to get more points. Gold Coast to get better value for pick 12 given the chance that Lombard gets bid on early.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
As an aside, I think the Suns have done well to dampen Lombards draft stock. Played in a VFL Grand Final as a 16 yr old last year and for all money was looking like the best academy prospect they've had (including of last yrs crop) then this year we've barely heard of him.

Only knock on him is height, but he'll be a star.

Iā€™d offer Gary Rohan a 1 year contract on 2 points.

1. We up our list from 0 to 1 of players named Gary.
2. So Kelly Underwood can call ā€œCripps passes it to Gary from the Orange Teamā€
He fractured his skull, didn't he?

Brandon Parfitt gets too many possessions and makes too many tackles to not find a spot on another list. He'd be handy depth at least for a few teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brandon Parfitt gets too many possessions and makes too many tackles to not find a spot on another list. He'd be handy depth at least for a few teams.
Good sort of player to protect kids.

Richmond, North, West Coast should look.

I think he's not the sort for a contender, even though every premiership team has a few like him

He would definitely be worth the punt imo

Not for us. Kid is not composed, hurries disposal and particularly blindly kicks forward... we should keep away, let Norf offer him a deal.

As an aside, I think the Suns have done well to dampen Lombards draft stock. Played in a VFL Grand Final as a 16 yr old last year and for all money was looking like the best academy prospect they've had (including of last yrs crop) then this year we've barely heard of him.

Only knock on him is height, but he'll be a star.

100%. I would personally take him number 1.

Though I think we gave done the same with the Campos. It's not a coincidence that they pretty much haven't played the back half of the season and only played 1 game at sanfl reserve level this year.

Re-generating on the go. That is what they do well. They will go to the draft and get another 2 or 3 mature recruits.
They are a Patrick Dangerfield and Jeremy Cameron away from finishing 12th which they did last year when they had interrupted seasons. In the last 10 years they have traded in Cameron and Dangerfield who were known stars who wanted to live down there. We gave them Tuohey which was a big win for them.

Apart from those 3 they have traded in Mitch Clark, Rhys Stanley, Lachie Henderson, zac Smith, Aaron Black, Nathan Kreuger, Gary Rohan, Jack Steven, Josh Jenkins, Jonathon Ceglar Tanner Bruhn, Jack Bowes, Oliver Henry and traded Ablett back when he was about finished. There is some average footballers on that list.

I assume that they got Stengle as a DFA which was a good get.

People get carried away because of 1 good finals win (over port) . I personally think that their list is in an average state particularly if Bailey Smith doesn't fire for them which is on the cards.

They are well coached but it's just as easy to see them being also runs next year as to see them having some success. I would much prefer our list to theirs.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back