List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

They are a Patrick Dangerfield and Jeremy Cameron away from finishing 12th which they did last year when they had interrupted seasons. In the last 10 years they have traded in Cameron and Dangerfield who were known stars who wanted to live down there. We gave them Tuohey which was a big win for them.

Apart from those 3 they have traded in Mitch Clark, Rhys Stanley, Lachie Henderson, zac Smith, Aaron Black, Nathan Kreuger, Gary Rohan, Jack Steven, Josh Jenkins, Jonathon Ceglar Tanner Bruhn, Jack Bowes, Oliver Henry and traded Ablett back when he was about finished. There is some average footballers on that list.

I assume that they got Stengle as a DFA which was a good get.

People get carried away because of 1 good finals win (over port) . I personally think that their list is in an average state particularly if Bailey Smith doesn't fire for them which is on the cards.

They are well coached but it's just as easy to see them being also runs next year as to see them having some success. I would much prefer our list to theirs.

1 good finals win is a very very narrow view! šŸ˜‚ However, Iā€™d also say that they were a Max Holmes hamstring away from another GF and, every chance, another flagā€¦ on top of that Iā€™d say they were nowhere near their best on Saturday night and still got within two goals of the GF.

They also brought in NSM Isaac Smith as a free agent and picked up a top 10 in comp player at pick 40. Close and Dempsey via Rookie and Miers with a very late selection in the draft. They do many things well.

Considering how long weā€™ve been rebuilding, their performance shits all over us. Their small-medium forwards are miles ahead of us and they have very few players who flinch (unlike our Gov, among others).

Selling Bruhn and O Henry short imo. Both projecting to be guns.

10 years (20+ years?) into a rebuild, we should be smoking the Cats by now and yet, here we are.

1 good finals win is a very very narrow view! šŸ˜‚ However, Iā€™d also say that they were a Max Holmes hamstring away from another GF and, every chance, another flagā€¦ on top of that Iā€™d say they were nowhere near their best on Saturday night and still got within two goals of the GF.

They also brought in NSM Isaac Smith as a free agent and picked up a top 10 in comp player at pick 40. Close and Dempsey via Rookie and Miers with a very late selection in the draft. They do many things well.

Considering how long weā€™ve been rebuilding, their performance shits all over us. Their small-medium forwards are miles ahead of us and they have very few players who flinch (unlike our Gov, among others).

10 years (20+ years?) into a rebuild, we should be smoking the Cats by now and yet, here we are.
We actually flogged them by 10 goals plus the last time that we played them before our pillars turned to salt.

Tanner Bruhn projects to be an o.k. B Grader at best. He's not a kid anymore and had 20 touches or more in only 7 out of 17 games this year as a midfielder. He was terribly disappointing on Saturday night with 10 touches.

Ollie Henry can play but comes across as a fairly self centred individual . Had 13 of 23 games this year where kicked 0 or 1 goals and he doesn't add much more than kick goals.

But Bruhn and Henry were only 2 of 14 names that I listed as trades that weren't world beaters. Happy to concede that they are better than some if the others.

I'd be interested in either Jeka or Foster
Either would be a good pick up as a DFA.

I'd be shocked if Foster doesn't get picked up by another club. Cats have a good crop of young talls coming through. They of course picked up Mitch Edwards in last year's draft, so I reckon Foster has been squeezed out. Still only 20yo and looked good at times at VFL level as a forward, but can play forward/ruck.

Either would be a good pick up as a DFA.

I'd be shocked if Foster doesn't get picked up by another club. Cats have a good crop of young talls coming through. They of course picked up Mitch Edwards in last year's draft, so I reckon Foster has been squeezed out. Still only 20yo and looked good at times at VFL level as a forward, but can play forward/ruck.
I agree, Foster will get another gig

Im pretty sure we did smoke them at the G this year. Coaching masterclass.

If we are able to secure Gold Coastā€™s pick 12 for our future first and get Houston I think thatā€™s a great result for us!! Really want us to keep our pick 11
North offering their future first which could be a top 3 pick. Going to be hard to beat that offer

North offering their future first which could be a top 3 pick. Going to be hard to beat that offer

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Do you think that would be North Melbourneā€™s pitch to Dan Houston and Port Adelaide? You can rely on us being shite again.
Not the best strategy ofc but in the end Houston hasn't nominated a club of choice and has said he is happy to stay with Port if a deal can't get done. Could all just be talk but gives Port all the power to get the best possible deal.

Membrey is an unrestricted free agent
Iā€™d be all for grabbing him for 1-2 years, provides a contest and is great over head. More durable than JMartin (recognise not the same player)
Membreys uncle was and still might be a Blues supporter so getting Tim would make a heap of sense according to some previous comments about players on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the best strategy ofc but in the end Houston hasn't nominated a club of choice and has said he is happy to stay with Port if a deal can't get done. Could all just be talk but gives Port all the power to get the best possible deal.
Yeah but itā€™s funny thinking North could be that bad again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back