List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not gonna take the media as gospel but I don't like the whole 'wringing every last point' out of picks and trades. Just hand over what we think he's worth or say sorry too expensive. All the posturing just builds bad reps at the trade table and we dont want to end up with a rep like Dodo.
Maybe the problem is weā€™ve been bent over so often in trades before clubs are not used to us holding our ground a little ā€¦

Maybe the problem is weā€™ve been bent over so often in trades before clubs are not used to us holding our ground a little ā€¦
Have we though? Or have we just been ridiculous at giving them away (ie delisting when we could get something)?
Austin has paid overs contract wise but I dont think we've been shafted at the trade table since before SOS.

Firstly, thatā€™s just a grab from SEN on the first morning of trade radio.
Port and Dan are reportedly on good terms.
If a deal satisfactory to Port were to be tabled by the club Dan is keen to get too, Port would probably accommodate him.
Port will require overs and Carlton will have to stump up if they are serious ā€¦
If you want something good, you need to be prepared to give up something good.

How would people feel if we end with

Pick 11
Pick 12
Ben Campo
Lucas Campo

Haynes
A very good mature player
Handy mature player
Handy mature role player

McCartin as rookie or late pick
Then trial a few for SSP over summer
Rate it. Donā€™t know whether superstars will be the answer from now on. Fill the gaps and bring in young talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I donā€™t think Lohmann at lions all that fast either. Definitely doesnā€™t look as quick as Cameron. But speed must be the only ingredientā€¦ letā€™s trade for Petrucelle based on that assessment?
Who is talking about trading for anyone ??

Lohman is a different type and wasnā€™t part of the comparison with Cameron & Motlop in the post I was referring to therefore irrelevantā€¦..

Last edited:
Kennedy Owies Carroll and maybe Young.
Imo we just canā€™t afford to let go of Young, understand he has some poor moments/games but he was alright in the back half of the season, we have absolutely nothing that resembles a KPD on the list coming through, this is one of the worst development stuff ups that our list build have madeā€¦

The other problem we have is weā€™ve had Sam Durdin on the list as a KPD backup whoā€™s body has simply not stood up to even VFL level, he should be delisted also and replaced by someone whoā€™s cheap but whoā€™s body can be relied uponā€¦

Pick 11
Pick 12
Ben Campo
Lucas Campo

Haynes
Handy mature player
Handy mature role player

Very happy going to the draft with that hand or something very close to it, we need more young talent with those early draft prospects on the listā€¦.

We need a KPD of some sort as well, preferably would like to grab one in the 20ā€™s somewhere for development unless we are able to grab one before Ben then i think we will draft midfield/forward types that are right in our early range wheelhouseā€¦

A low cost dependable KPD trade would be an absolute bonus but thatā€™s maybe being to ambitiousā€¦

Imo we just canā€™t afford to let go of Young, understand he has some poor moments/games but he was alright in the back half of the season, we have absolutely nothing that resembles a KPD on the list coming through, this is one of the worst development stuff ups that our list build have madeā€¦

The other problem we have is weā€™ve had Sam Durdin on the list as a KPD backup whoā€™s body has simply not stood up to even VFL level, he should be delisted also and replaced by someone whoā€™s cheap but whoā€™s body can be relied uponā€¦

Just depends who we bring in

Pick 11
Pick 12
Ben Campo
Lucas Campo

Haynes
Handy mature player
Handy mature role player

sacha baron cohen party hard GIF

Pick 11
Pick 12
Ben Campo
Lucas Campo

Haynes
Handy mature player
Handy mature role player

Depends on the players ofc but looks pretty good

If you want something good, you need to be prepared to give up something good.
It appears Houston sort out Carlton and we didnā€™t chase him.

No denying he would improve us but we have already made plans for this off season.

We of course will put forward an offer and maybe we already have like the one reported this morning. But if itā€™s not on our terms we will walk away and stick with the plan we already had concocted and wish him all the best.

You wonā€™t see us fronting 2 1sts like so many are saying we need to pay.

Not worried about stats, the fact is Motlop ainā€™t quick !!
You said this indicating speed is a big factorā€¦ Stats apparently donā€™t matter.
Who is talking about trading for anyone ??

Lohman is a different type and wasnā€™t part of the comparison with Cameron & Motlop in the post I was referring to therefore irrelevantā€¦..
I made a point that Lohmann is not quick and you didnā€™t disagree. Do you like his athleticism or his stats sheet? I think Motlopā€™s highlights reel is pretty good if you look at it versus games played. He doesnā€™t have a premiership medal to prove it though.

In regards to your query about bringing up trading and that nobody said anything about it - I am sorry you canā€™t read between the linesā€¦. But Petrucelle has speed to burn. But you donā€™t care about stats. So I thought we should trade for him based on your critical assessment.

So therefore now that you have been shown the read between the lines, my point was relevant. šŸ‘

Pick 11
Pick 12
Ben Campo
Lucas Campo

Haynes
Handy mature player
Handy mature role player

Like it šŸ™Œ however Iā€™d also love pick 20 from the Suns or 18 from the Lions.

Travaglia, Hotton and Berry just feels right

Just depends who we bring in
Absolutelyā€¦
We realistically wonā€™t cover all areas of need to the level thatā€™s required in the one draft/trade period, but Iā€™m looking forward to seeing where the thought process starts with our draft picks types, it should give us a clearer understanding of what Austinā€™s list management strategy is and where he seeā€™s the needs and priorities moving forwardā€¦

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back