List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't realise Brodie is contracted until 2026. What is going on with this guy. Who in our team is he depth cover for?

One of the more interesting trades. From memory we were flattening out his existing contract, but we had to take it all so that GC would hand over pick 20.

Essentially the trade was (with other parts)
Gold Coast: Cap relief
Freo: Brodie and Johnson.

Thing is Emmett is that small that tackles and brings pressure. There aren't many of these in the AFL that are also genuine goal threats, Pickett is the best in the league by far which is why it's so disappointing that we will most likely not get him this year.
Emmett is just terrible ball in hand. I can take average, but not terrible.

I really think we only have one on our list in Dealan.

Bolton is not a true forward pocket, I think he plays his best football when he gets up the ground, and runs through the middle. I would say he is more of a half forward, like Switta (but he can't kick goals) or Frederick.

Assuming we get Bolton, the other small forward should provide elite pressure, be excellent at getting front and center.
Isn't Bolton absolutely a "true forward pocket", just that he just hit such fricken golden vein of form he got moved to the midfield?

Fair, I'm not a massive fan either. Just hard to get a small forward that brings elite pressure who can also impact the scoreboard/has good ball use. I think I would prefer to go out and get scoring threats and allow Switta to do that stuff.
Yeah, I'd kill to know of some homesick small forward that was elite offensively and defensively. Would be the dream, club wouldnt pass that up you'd think

Yeah, I'd kill to know of some homesick small forward that was elite offensively and defensively. Would be the dream, club wouldnt pass that up you'd think
Riley Garcia

Beg Please GIF by The Grinch

Fair, I'm not a massive fan either. Just hard to get a small forward that brings elite pressure who can also impact the scoreboard/has good ball use. I think I would prefer to go out and get scoring threats and allow Switta to do that stuff.
That's a reasonable exaggeration on Emmett by 1997. And I wouldn't really be wanting to make any definitive judgements on players with less than 2 years in. I mean he played 2 games last year and a handful this year. Sure he's got some improving to do, but that's pretty much par for the course.

Issue is our pressure isn’t enough along with the finishing. So either Switta needs help or Switta needs replacing. I think Switta needs help but with the inclusion of 2 small fwds I can see Switta asking for a trade.

Freddy is the one who needs to amp up his pressure and it’s fair to say Amiss needs to build his tank to help more as he isn’t exactly dominating the air atm.

Banners, Emmett and unfortunately Walters shouldn’t be allowed in the 22 anymore if we’re serious. Freddy and Amiss need a rocket.

Isn't Bolton absolutely a "true forward pocket", just that he just hit such fricken golden vein of form he got moved to the midfield?

I don't think so. he has been stuck in the forward pocket this year, and is not contributing as much to the team as normal.

Plus he is not known for his tackling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Issue is our pressure isn’t enough along with the finishing. So either Switta needs help or Switta needs replacing. I think Switta needs help but with the inclusion of 2 small fwds I can see Switta asking for a trade.

Freddy is the one who needs to amp up his pressure and it’s fair to say Amiss needs to build his tank to help more as he isn’t exactly dominating the air atm.

Banners, Emmett and unfortunately Walters shouldn’t be allowed in the 22 anymore if we’re serious. Freddy and Amiss need a rocket.

Exactly right! Currently our smalls don't give enough of anything but we are going to be adding Bolton who will immediately fix the goal scoring issues, surely Switta can see that only helps his role.

Freddy needs to be given a license to thrill IMO. He should be jumping on heads and creating goals from nothing but it seems to me like he's been asked to play a role which means he's a bit unsure on all aspects of his game. Just let the man use his freakish athletic talents!

So many moving parts, and so many ways we can close the gap.

Switta is often the first one pushed out on here, but his defensive pressure is pretty good. Emmett as well, and his game is built around defensive pressure.

Sturts pressure is good enough to keep his spot. Maybe Frederick is in trouble?

I don't think so. he has been stuck in the forward pocket this year, and is not contributing as much to the team as normal.

He's playing forward pocket in the worst team in the AFL and still kicked over 30 goals, not many other smalls in the comp that could have that kind of impact in a side that bad.

If it ever comes out that he was a genuine chance but we didn't think we could get it done...he is the exact player we need in the side. Honestly probably even more than Warner.

With regards to Emmett and if he’s good enough.

Just found the moment where I put a line through his name. 17:17 left on the clock last qtr v Collingwood. Couldn’t complete a bounce and gets caught holding running into 50 meters open goal. His pressure isn’t elite enough to warrant b22.

Obviously Banners self destructed last month of the season. His GWS game was ridiculously bad and undisciplined.

Rough workings.

CLUBINOUT
AdelaideLuko, Rosas, ANBRachele, F1, Pick 25
Gold CoastFreo F1, Pick 25Luko, Rosas
MelbourneRachel, Adel F1, Pick 27Kozzie, ANB
FreoKozzieF1, Pick 27
Adelaide getting screwed
Gold Coast doing about right
Melbourne getting as good as possible for Kozzie I reckon
Freo are starting the car.

Probably boils down to a difference in opinion on Rachele value, I think him and Luko are probably dead even

It's time freo start gambling on a few rough characters, we've got all the cookie cutter types, get some mongrels in.
100%

you don't want to go full f wit, but why do we love Serong and Treacy so much? it's not just ability, it's courage, balls, no backward steps

if you get a Kozzy in, guaranteed he'll miss 3-5 wks with discipline, guaranteed. guy's never winning a Brownlow. but he'll never back down.

we lack some X factor and mongrel and he's def got both. you want opp defenders slightly nervous around your forwards.

i don't think any of them go to sleep worrying about Jye or Sturt just yet.

Adelaide getting screwed
Gold Coast doing about right
Melbourne getting as good as possible for Kozzie I reckon
Freo are starting the car.

Probably boils down to a difference in opinion on Rachele value, I think him and Luko are probably dead even
Yeah, was a quick throw at the stumps, Knew it would need evening up.

Tackling is more a "new small forward" thing though isn't it? Not his strongest suit, true.

Certainly was drafted and originally played as a small forward. Has the nose for a goal and how to be dangerous in that forward arc.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back