List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that im saying it will happen but why has Bolton only requested a trade to WA and not freo ?
With Mini , Baker , Graham now all at the eagles and their ability to give him more $$$$

Wouldnt surprise if they come for him now

They can come for him all they like. He's not going there. He jumped ship from a wooden spooner. He's not going to another basket case. Baker is a huge WC fan. Graham is lucky anyone wants him.

And he's not going to get more money at WC. He has a contract he signed with Richmond that's big enough and will be honoured by some combo of Richmond contribution and his new club's contribution.

Bolton to Freo has been on since July. Rarely had west coast been linked.

It would absolute shock me if west coast go for him.

Not sure if thats the situation , Freo have been into him for 2 years now but he did request a trade and if it was done since July he would have just requested a trade to fremantle and freo have the assets and that would not be an issue - So no reason not to name freo as his club
It's a very long contract he's on. Lots of argy bargy to be had.
He has a 4 year deal in place and west coast could say 6 years at $1.2-$1.3 and pay the first 3 years up front
6 year $8 mil deal could turn anybody's head

The big question is who on our squad is gonna biff Liam Baker at the next derby? Has to be someone we can afford to lose for a few weeks...

Duh.

The answer is always Bailey Banfield.

The big question is who on our squad is gonna biff Liam Baker at the next derby? Has to be someone we can afford to lose for a few weeks...

Duh.

The answer is always Bailey Banfield.
Oh yeaaaa I expect little Liam to be THE chief antagonist in derbies to come
Be even sweeter when we belt the snot of them

They can come for him all they like. He's not going there. He jumped ship from a wooden spooner. He's not going to another basket case. Baker is a huge WC fan. Graham is lucky anyone wants him.

And he's not going to get more money at WC. He has a contract he signed with Richmond that's big enough and will be honoured by some combo of Richmond contribution and his new club's contribution.
Theyve taken Baker cos they couldnt snag Bolton ...
He said " I know I said WA, but that didnt mean...lifes too short"

Bolton has 2 medals and only 26
His contract at Richmond can easily be torn up and a more lucrative 6 year deal for more $$$

Not saying its going to happen but have to wonder WHY he has not already requested Fremantle ?
Matty Clarke drafted him and would have the relationship

lets see if he comes out and nominates a club

Not sure if thats the situation , Freo have been into him for 2 years now but he did request a trade and if it was done since July he would have just requested a trade to fremantle and freo have the assets and that would not be an issue - So no reason not to name freo as his club

He has a 4 year deal in place and west coast could say 6 years at $1.2-$1.3 and pay the first 3 years up front
I guess it will all come out in the wash soon enough. Jackson didn't nominate either... but everyone knew.

Tim Kelly wants out…management shopping him around
Feel like it'd be getting a decent player on cents on the dollar for the sake of it. Jaeger trade but worse.

The question for me would be what's the thing we're lacking that he's supposed to bring beyond "see player get player". At his peak would win it at the coalface, burst from stoppage, clean below his knees, used to have more scoreboard impact, but was never a great kick. Even at that point I think the fit is questionable (same as Warner but he's that good that the fit issues somewhat get ignored). We have 3 AA squad mids and you're not gonna ask any of them to be our James Rowbottom. Now that some of those attributes have waned...just why?

I don't think your actually sure of anything. The only thing anyone knows is that Bolton has requested to be traded to WA. End of story and speculation.

how in the flying **** is Liam Baker worth pick 13?
Be Quiet Brian Ortega GIF by UFC

I can't remember two groups of supporters wanting a returning West Aussie player less than Liam Baker.
I like Baker, just not top 10 like. Also, I'd rather spend the salary elsewhere (if that is an option).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton came to us and asked the question

He wants freo

Bolton nearly made the move over in the past but baulked at the position of Richmond vs both WA sides, I don’t think WCE is any more enticing now than then

I tell you what if hypothetically West Coast were dumb enough to do Allen and three first round picks for Warner like the caller suggested I'd be all for it.

Would be an all time list blunder.

The reaction to Baker is interesting. Will be fascinating to see how he goes at west coast. Moot point now but the Last time I remember our fanbase being so underwhelmed about a potential recruit, was when we selected Caleb Serong with pick 8 in 2019 instead of Dev Robertson.

Some prominent freo fans in social media had a massive Dev Robertson campaign ongoing at that time.

If you look at the first page of Caleb’s welcome post on BF, you can sense the resignation and disappointment at the pick from many of the posts…
Hilarious reading in hindsight.

Fans get it wrong often, but for what it’s worth I would have loved Baker for a Pick in the 20s but not pick 10!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back