List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure the Eagles would love Bolton, but there is no way they cough up 3 for him, which is the only way to offer a better deal than us. Especially not if they are actually planning to give the Tigers 13 for Baker.

It's completely irrelevant.

Bolton just isn't nominating a club out of respect for Richmond due to his 4 years.
I actually want West Coast to offer all their first rounders.
Another club killing trade just like Tim Kelly

When Jordan Clark was traded to us, did he pick freo specifically or was it just WA?

West coast are interested.

It's just known, like Jackson, who Bolton would prefer to go to.
Define "interested".

With pick 13 going Richmond's way for Baker, it's nailed on that West Coast would have to give up their current or future first in any Bolton deal. The noise is they're not willing to do that. To me, that means you're not really interested.

#3 + #13 for Bolton , Baker , #29 , #57
they will have #23 & #29 to draft 2 kids in a deep draft and Dev Robertson with #57

In: Baker , Bolton , Graham , Robertson + 3 kids
lol, mate, now that Baker has requested WC, enjoy pick 23 as that is a “fairly compensated” as you are going to get for an uncontracted 26yo utility

They aren't interested because they aren't that stupid unfortunately
Define "interested".

With pick 13 going Richmond's way for Baker, it's nailed on that West Coast would have to give up their current or future first in any Bolton deal. The noise is they're not willing to do that. To me, that means you're not really interested.
Of course they're interested.

But they know they can't get him.

Pretty simple.

The reaction to Baker is interesting. Will be fascinating to see how he goes at west coast. Moot point now but the Last time I remember our fanbase being so underwhelmed about a potential recruit, was when we selected Caleb Serong with pick 8 in 2019 instead of Dev Robertson.

Some prominent freo fans in social media had a massive Dev Robertson campaign ongoing at that time.

If you look at the first page of Caleb’s welcome post on BF, you can sense the resignation and disappointment at the pick from many of the posts…
Hilarious reading in hindsight.

Fans get it wrong often, but for what it’s worth I would have loved Baker for a Pick in the 20s but not pick 10!

Hence why Walls is the Don and we are just critics

Surely there is something else going on, we didn't move these picks into 2024 trade period just to get Bolton and head to the draft.

I think what was being reported was true, in that we were having a massive crack at Logan McDonald and didn't expect Treacy to come on as good as he did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we knock on GCs door and do a trade with them first.

If nothing else, will make me laugh.

6 and 12 are same value as 9 and 10.

6 closer to Bolton value and 9 closer to Rioli.

lol, mate, now that Baker has requested WC, enjoy pick 23 as that is a “fairly compensated” as you are going to get for an uncontracted 26yo utility

Yep. No way will WCE in their right mind send pick 13 for him.

I think what was being reported was true, in that we were having a massive crack at Logan McDonald and didn't expect Treacy to come on as good as he did

We would have pivoted from that at least 3 months ago though, I would be shocked if we haven't got one more move* for this period.

*Please please please be Pickett

Surely we knock on GCs door and do a trade with them first.

If nothing else, will make me laugh.

6 and 12 are same value as 9 and 10.

6 closer to Bolton value and 9 closer to Rioli.
What’s the point. I’d rather keep 10.

The primary mechanics of the Bolton trade will be 9+16 and then later pick trades like F2 out and pick 41 back to make everyone happy.

What’s the point. I’d rather keep 10.

The primary mechanics of the Bolton trade will be 9+16 and then later pick trades like F2 out and pick 41 back to make everyone happy.

Well under this scenario I was hopeful we could give 6 and 27. So, keep 12 and 16.

Obviously, if it meant we gave 6 and 16 then the 2 spot downgrade from 10 to 12 would’ve been pointless.

I just think 6 and 9 for Bolton and Rioli align better then the other way around.

I continue to be completely bemused that everything suggests we can "get away with" 9 and 16 while Baker is consistently talked about as pick 10-15 and Rioli is clearly pick 6. We honestly seem to be comfortably getting the most reasonable price on the best and most contracted player at Richmond.

Strange times
secret smell GIF

Always funny watching someone have nothing going in their life so they associate their value with their sport team
You shut up sir, I have plenty else going on.

Would we actually take Tim Kelly if he was cheap?

Well under this scenario I was hopeful we could give 6 and 27. So, keep 12 and 16.

Obviously, if it meant we gave 6 and 16 then the 2 spot downgrade from 10 to 12 would’ve been pointless.

I just think 6 and 9 for Bolton and Rioli align better then the other way around.
Richmond will want 6+16. We will likely save a F2 downgrade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back