List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have steak knives?
Brodie would surely like to play AFL. Would Tigers even be interested?

Pick 9,17 Brodie for Bolton and a future 3rd coming back?

Who else could be offered or hold any value?

Erasmus to Eagles?

7 and 12 which would become 9 and 14 is fair .
imo.
I think some people here undervalue him. He was called the best player in the league by one commentator last year.
If you think you can get better players at 7 and 12 do that.
How many times has he made all Australian?

How about the all Australian squad?

The best players in comp have 3 plus all Australian, and are in the squad most years

What's your offer then?
If you are serious, which I think you are, Freo have already told Richmond that Warner is our priority and this Bolton thing will have to wait until we know for certain that isn’t happening this year, we didn’t approach Bolton, his manager approached us. With all that in mind and knowing we likely have 2x top 10 picks, pick 15-17(port) and pick 26 (saints) I think you can expect our starting offer to be 10 & 26 (keeping 9&15 for Warner) if it becomes apparent that Warner isn’t coming this year and to help Richmond save face we end up offering 10, 15, 26 for Bolton, 21 & 30.
“Bolton traded for two first with a swap of second round picks”

Richmond fans get to claim they got their 2x1st rounders, we move 26 to 21 (to put up for auction at the end of R1 to the highest bidder to hopefully get a F1 for Warner next year) end up taking 9 & 30 as picks in this years draft and upgrade a rookie to main list.

I wonder what the Richmond board can get up to before trade period begins. I've seen Amiss chucked in, get pick 3 from WC with two firsts and a 2nd and then trade 3 and a future 1st for him already.

Surely, we get to Serong and a first or something before it's done.

Last edited:
I wonder what the Richmond board can get up to before trade board begins. I've seen Amiss chucked in, get pick 3 from WC with two firsts and a 2nd and then trade 3 and a future 1st for him already.

It's absolutely mental.

They haven't been a **** side for a long time now and they don't have the experience as a fanbase that we do. You watch how much more reasonable they become over the next 5-7 years.

What's your offer then?
Fantasy Offer GIF by Dynasty Drunks

If you are serious, which I think you are, Freo have already told Richmond that Warner is our priority and this Bolton thing will have to wait until we know for certain that isn’t happening this year, we didn’t approach Bolton, his manager approached us. With all that in mind and knowing we likely have 2x top 10 picks, pick 15-17(port) and pick 26 (saints) I think you can expect our starting offer to be 10 & 26 (keeping 9&15 for Warner) if it becomes apparent that Warner isn’t coming this year and to help Richmond save face we end up offering 10, 15, 26 for Bolton, 21 & 30.

Richmond fans get to claim they got their 2x1st rounders, we move 26 to 21 (to put up for auction at the end of R1 to the highest bidder to hopefully get a F1 for Warner next year) end up taking 9 & 30 as picks in this years draft and upgrade a rookie to main list.
Fair enough. I'm not sure that would suffice but it might. Future picks could be used as well.
If it doesn't work
out this year, it could next year.

Fair enough. I'm not sure that would suffice but it might. Future picks could be used as well.
If it doesn't work
We don't need future anything, we have plenty enough this year.

And no chance you hold out this year thinking you'll get more next year. We aren't going to have 3 first rounders next year, especially if Chad comes. That's our leverage and everyone knows it. The time to get value from us is this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it doesn't work

4 years to run on a contract or 3 years doesn’t matter.
If there’s any inkling of moving him on it will be this year.
Richmond won’t get a better offer next year and they’d have wasted a chance to use a pick or 2 and commence development.

I think we may do something stupid and offer 9 and 10 for Bolton and 21 with Tigers paying some salary.

I think he’s worth significantly under that.

We don't need future anything, we have plenty enough this year.

And no chance you hold out this year thinking you'll get more next year. We aren't going to have 3 first rounders next year, especially if Chad comes. That's our leverage and everyone knows it. The time to get value from us is this year.
Future pick to us from you I'm saying, eg pick 10 plus a future first round from you.

I wonder what the Richmond board can get up to before trade board begins. I've seen Amiss chucked in, get pick 3 from WC with two firsts and a 2nd and then trade 3 and a future 1st for him already.

There was a “Treacy and 2 x 1st rounders” chucked in already.

I went in out of curiosity, not sure if I’m feeling better or worse for the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jesus, do you even trade period? This is waaaaay too well reasoned and, dare I say, sensible.

5th rounder or gtfo. I mean he's old ffs.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I went in out of curiosity, not sure if I’m feeling better or worse for the experience.

Unders.

Our 3 firsts, our F1, Treacy and Amiss. Maybe chuck Serong in as steak knives.

Wouldn’t do Treacy for Bolton in a straight swap at this point.

Love how being contracted apparently only works when it suits them.

Treacy being contracted basically completely rules him out from discussion. It’s almost as dumb as suggesting we’ll pick Bolton in the pre season draft when he’s got four years left.

It’ll be the highest pick with something added. Not quite sure what but if it’s another first rounder we’re getting something reasonably decent coming back. Not sure anyone bar Chris Judd has been traded for a top ten pick and another first rounder without at least a second rounder being chucked back the other way. It’d be a decent challenge for someone to find me literally any example.

Do we have steak knives?
Brodie would surely like to play AFL. Would Tigers even be interested?

Pick 9,17 Brodie for Bolton and a future 3rd coming back?

Who else could be offered or hold any value?

Erasmus to Eagles?

We’d probably pay more if we got Brodie involved tbh.

They’d be doing as a favour taking a middle aged player that hasn’t been selected all year off our books.

Not significantly more but more nonetheless. We may get a mid third rounder rather than late second rounder thrown in by Richmond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back