List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Footy gods’ - I don’t like the footy gods. Been a supporter the whole time. We’ve been pissed on, laughed at and ridiculed. Where’s the footy gods? Carlton travesty start of year. Carlton lose to Saints. We still lose and Blues keep a spot in the 8.

**** the footy gods.

You can lead a team to the grass but can't make them kick goals.

The guy is our heart and soul. Are we comfortable selling our soul for a flag?
I love AB but come on?
That’s not even a question surely!

Every club in the league would trade ANY player in the comp, tomorrow morning if it guaranteed a flag.
Without a second thought.

You realise how hard they are to win?!

I love AB but come on?
That’s not even a question surely!

Every club in the league would trade ANY player in the comp, tomorrow morning if it guaranteed a flag.
Without a second thought.

You realise how hard they are to win?!
That last line explains why I’d say no. No one could guarantee you’d win, so if they’re saying it’s guaranteed, you know they’re selling snake oil.

To put it another way: premierships have to be won; they can’t be part of a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was on Hard Ball Gets (not 100% sure) but I remember Rhino talking about how we hadn't committed the increased cap space from the new CBA to future contracts and that's why it seems like we have an endless bucket of cash at the minute. We've also recently had Sonny and Walters go from big contracts to average, and I'm guessing they'll both be off the books completely after next year which frees up 700k or so. I also think Tabs was still on pretty decent coin as well which is off the books now.

It is absolutely enough to get 2 and hold onto everyone from how the discussions seem but I can't help but feel like landing all 3 would mean we lose a Darcy, Cox or Brayshaw.

Hopefully the fact that we have got so many players on long term multiple year contracts means we paid them a little less but gave them better security with tenure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t get me wrong, they are hilariously hideous speeches. I wouldn’t accept that at the local U16s.

Just think the moment froze Shai and Baler was clearly drunk.
Shai is in an awkward spot.

He may want to thank the club for all it's done for him and wish them all the best, but he's no guarantee of leaving and it may step on the club managements toes a little bit and aggravate the issue. He's better off saying as little as possible.

Cringe Wince GIF

Yeah they were the worst speeches I've seen...

From what I’ve seen I think Corey and Sheldrick have both shown they can get there, just need opportunities so maybe both are gettable for right club if they don’t play a lot more next year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sheldrick has been injured and goes alright.

From what I’ve seen Corey Warner makes Sheldrick of last year look like prime Gary Ablett junior.

If Corey Warner wasn’t Chad’s brother and wasn’t on the list of a Grand Final side he’d just be some average youngish depth player destined for a 4-6 year career at AFL playing around 25-30 odd games despite no one knowing what role they’re supposed to be playing. Not the worst player to ever play the game but the sort even the biggest nuffies barely remember two years after their last game.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back