List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s not happening. Richmond can tell brisbane if they don’t deal with us for their first we bid on Ashcroft with pick 1. Us bidding or not on him makes a huge difference to them.
Those sorts of blackmail demands don’t happen and if it did what comes around goes around. Brisbane will refuse to deal with Richmond in the future.

Are Richmond really likely to get all petty about pick 20 which will push out to 23 or so on draft night.

At this point I just want the deal done, if it's our first two picks so be it (they'll likely be 14 and 15 by that point anyway)
I don’t mind 10+11 provided we get something solid back like pick 24 for example or an F2. Seems like Walls like the Jordan Clark deal will stand firm on 10+18 and other draft swaps to sweeten. So the haggling which will be drawn out will be around the sweetener. I like this stance. Likely Bolton’s manager will keep reinforcing that Bolton is done with Richmond and they will get a very good and fair deal but not involving pick 11.

For
Bolton, 23

That’s a far more likely scenario.

Geee...Some of You on here rating Bolton like He is Neale or Petraca type of player who will put the team on their shoulders and carry them to victory...Guess what...He is not...He is more of flashy downhill skier who disappears for long periods of time and doesn't deliver on regular basis...Don't take me wrong I do like him but some of You are overrating him big time.

On Brodie, it seems to me he’s had no interest elsewhere or he’d be gone.
He wants to play
If I’m sitting on two years @400k I wouldn’t be moving either if interest levels were bad
Let’s see how trade period goes. If a few midfielders are moved on and a club late in the trade period feels a little light on for midfielders then a trade late might come about. Sounded like posturing from Walls to me. He is definitely on the table but at this point no real interest.

What may happen is we don't budge on the 10 and 18 with regards to our first rounders, but we give leverage in later rounds that the regular punter doesn't even pay attention to.

Something like:
10, 18, 30, F2, F3 for

Bolton, 42(1st pick of 3rd round), F3 and F4

30 to 42 is significant but is the 'cost' for not giving up 11.

The F2, F3 for F3, F4 places all the upside with them.

It's a heavy deal, but we keep 11.

Last edited:
If he is so good, why didn't the Crows trade him instead of delisting him?
Who knows, first round pick from 2018. Like I said, he's better than any small forward on our list because we have none except Walters and unfortunately his best days are well gone.

What may happen is we don't budge on the 10 and 18 with regards to our first rounders, but we give leverage in later rounds that the regular punter doesn't even pay attention to.

Something like:
10, 18, 27, F2, F3 for

Bolton, 39(1st pick of 3rd round), F3 and F4

27 to 39 is significant but is the 'cost' for not giving up 11.

The F2, F3 for F3, F4 places all the upside with them.

It's a heavy deal, but we keep 11.
I think Richmond want to deal at the top of the draft. Don’t think they will be excited about dealing late picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually think Richmond’s trades all look pretty independent of each other tbh so don’t think them having a lot to do really comes into it. Clubs can and do get trades done pretty quickly near trade deadline - there’s absolutely no reason Richmond can’t do two trades in the last half hour for example.

The Graham compensation pick might somehow be involved with a trade, maybe even the Bolton one but I do expect we’ll see what that pick is early next week.

The Baker trade depends on the Barrass trade but I can see the Rioli trade getting done reasonably earlier as Gold Coast will be trading out a lot of picks and Richmond will be keen to make sure pick 6 goes to them.

Unlike the Rioli trade I fail to see the incentive for either team to get this done early. It’ll get done when the teams agree on a price. The media seems to think there’s a gap atm.

I can see Richmond doing trades that involve things other than the three players going out tbh but they’ll mostly be pick swaps which can be done after trade period ends anyway - in other words they’ll be no urgency for them.
Still think Richmond will want to know what they have. Clubs will be trying to wheel and deal for players like Houston

If they want to trade up I’d say they need to get them done early so clubs can split picks for players things like that.

Just my thoughts tho.

Everyone said Jackson would drag out. Was done by the Wednesday

At this point I just want the deal done, if it's our first two picks so be it (they'll likely be 14 and 15 by that point anyway)
I’m one of those who truly didn’t appreciate impacts of free agency etc but probably correct. Those picks are getting ugly compared to where they started.

Imagine if Collingwood finished top 4.

Who knows, first round pick from 2018. Like I said, he's better than any small forward on our list because we have none except Walters and unfortunately his best days are well gone.

What are his attributes that make him better than any small forward we have? I can't say I know anything about him but his stats if he plays small forward are horrendous. 32 goals in 70 games? 8 goals over his last 20 games? Need a bit of context here.

McHenry is no good. Emmett if he can tone down the crazy horse high caffeine style has shown more forward nouse than McHenry. In saying that Emmett is a very high chance to be delisted.
Different players IMO, Emmett is 186cm, McHenry is 179cm. We need crumbing smalls in the forward line.

I think Richmond want to deal at the top of the draft. Don’t think they will be excited about dealing late picks.

Well yeah, of course they do.

I'm not saying it's appeasing. It's merely where the extras may come from to keep 11.

If they're not interested then we must pick up all of their extras.

10 and 11, F4 for

Bolton, 24, F3 etc

Either we give up 10 and 18 and they win the extras OR we give up 10 and 11 BUT we must win significantly on their extras, especially as they have heaps anyway (plus they will be eaten up by trading with Brisbane)

Either pick 10 or 11 will hold tremendous value this trade period. Must hold one of them UNLESS Tigers lose their minds in the extras they give up to attain both of them.

I think if we do delist Emmett and re-rookie him, he needs to have a seriously good season in the WAFL next year, like tearing the game apart in the small forward line, show us the Schultz lite that he can be.

McHenry is a better player than any small forward on our list. In my book, that means picking him up improves it for free.

What a load of rubbish. Think you must be thinking of the wrong player. He’s a an average small forward and has been tried in the midfield and is average there too.

No one will pick him up - Bookmark this post if you like.

What a load of rubbish. Think you must be thinking of the wrong player. He’s a an average small forward and has been tried in the midfield and is average there too.

No one will pick him up - Bookmark this post if you like.

Surely he's just confusing players, would love to know what he sees if not though.

Name a small forward on our list that is better? Oh right we don't have any esp. crumbing types.

Walters? Cooked.
Emmett? Probably delisted.
Delean? Not likely.
Simpson? Not ready and not a crumbing small.

And why would you expect McHenry to be a midfielder, what a dumb move by the Crows. He's 179cm tall and not Lachie Neale.

I'm not enamoured by him by all means but like other clubs do they pick up players that have been discarded by other teams and they sometimes work out. It's not like he was a 4th round pick or anything.

Everyone gets so jumpy in here over a suggestion about a gaping hole on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back