List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

He does spend time in the midfield, so he isn't purely a forward. I don't like his erratic goal kicking either but there other factors. I wouldn't mind knowing his score involvements or goal assists. Not to mention the kick on effect of having to use a very good defender on him.
I think there are holes in our list that we probably still need to fill to finish our list, but the club thinks we are ready to go, so at least Bolton fills 1 1/2 of those holes. Baker doesn't fill any.

46th on the list.

Not a top 20 player with any stats except behinds kicked.

46th on the list.

Not a top 20 player with any stats except behinds kicked.
I certainly believe the points kicked thing.

Unfortunately the club has the final say and we just have to sit through the consequences. They think we have most of the talent needed to take us forward minus a wing and quality small forward.
I reckon there is more, especially down back and a more dynamic inside mid but they don't. Justin said the other day the midfield is pretty much set. Doesn't always seem that way to me.

Have to remember if bolton comes, sturt and switta and poss freddy will be thinking there goes their B22 spot and be looking elsewhere… i want bolton but not sure losing one of the three plus paying for a contracted player will mean its costing too much…

Have to remember if bolton comes, sturt and switta and poss freddy will be thinking there goes their B22 spot and be looking elsewhere… i want bolton but not sure losing one of the three plus paying for a contracted player will mean its costing too much…
Nah Walters is the one he will replace .

I certainly believe the points kicked thing.

Unfortunately the club has the final say and we just have to sit through the consequences. They think we have most of the talent needed to take us forward minus a wing and quality small forward.
I reckon there is more, especially down back and a more dynamic inside mid but they will do what they want. Or should I say what they think is best.
They also signed O'Meara, extended Brodie, eyc

They don't always get it right.

Hopefully the two first round picks talked about are not true, and one will get it done.

Time will tell.

That is a large presumption.

In our case we can easily say he is taking Walters position.

Hopefully the two first round picks talked about are not true, and one will get it done.

Time will tell.
I thought they had signed up Brodie long term with an eye to replacing Fyfe in time. Seems not. Strange signing if not.

Well when they ask for a trade we can tell them we can get a math tutor to help them understand Bolton is only 1 player and there is still room for about 22 others in the B23. Including multiple small/medium forwards.

I want Bolton and hope we give them the number 1 and 3 first rounder for him.

He makes our forward line instantly more dangerous. Amiss, Treacy, Jackson and Bolton is a stupid amount of talent. Bolton can move to the midfield when Serong/Young goes forward.

We get to the place where we simply have too many players to tag and teams will have to opt for the all out shoot out. I think we will win the vast majority of those. How crazy is it to say that with confidence?!

Gunstan, Lynch out of contract.
Prestia, may, lever out of contract.

Lake contracted but pushed out.

Who was contracted and wanted by the club
You may have a point with that.

I'm having a fair bit of trouble providing any evidence to back up what I said.

However I still think getting Bolton or Warner is a good move.

I just don't rate Bolton as high as most.

To me he is overpaid, and does not kick enough goals justify the cost.

He needs to regularly kick 40 plus to justify the cost and can't miss easy goals. I dont think he will do that.

Is there any small forward that you trade in, for what’s rumoured for Bolton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any small forward that you trade in, for what’s rumoured for Bolton?

richards trade in
Winder dfa
Hit the draft with 4 top 25 picks.berry is a must.

One more mature age small forward if you can find one. Maybe someone like Matt Johnson from Frankston, but he is just someone the stays look good. Have not seen much of him

Is Bolton a small forward? I think he plays his best footy when rotating through the midfield. Even if we get him, we need a small forward as well.

Time will tell.
Deadset have you ever watched Bolton play as it seems thats not the case. As recently as this year Bolton was leading all small forwards in goal kicking up to about 8 or 9 which is when Richmonds midfield got hit by a ton of injuries and then Bolton was moved midfield. He is absolutely elite in the small firward position in a team with a strong midfield.Who on earth are you commenting on because its not Shai Bolton?

Last edited:
Bit of a side-bar but Richmond played that Tom Lynch contract super well by back-loading it to when they dipped down the ladder.

Kind of the inverse of us with Lobb and Neale.

I mean, it does, Bolton is a vastly superior player, even Sturts dad Spirit Level will admit that. It shouldnt cost Sturt though when we are re-signing inferior players that are easier to replace such as Wagner and Banfield.
I mean yeah but i also see them as different players with different roles, it shouldn't be one or the other.

download (14).jpeg

Does anyone think Walters will retire if we get Bolton?
No, only if he decides he doesn’t want to risk playing any WAFL at all. I recon he’d stick around and back himself in to get a spot. He’s had flashes of brilliance and good games. Bolton might even unlock a better match up and make him a tad more dangerous again.

richards trade in
Winder dfa
Hit the draft with 4 top 25 picks.berry is a must.

One more mature age small forward if you can find one. Maybe someone like Matt Johnson from Frankston, but he is just someone the stays look good. Have not seen much of him

Is Bolton a small forward? I think he plays his best footy when rotating through the midfield. Even if we get him, we need a small forward as well.

So rather then go the bonafide gun wanting to come to Freo that literally ticks boxes we need ticked, you’d take up 3-4 list spots and gamble with 3-4 unknowns?

You’re just ignoring the incredibly high likelihood Owies and Richard’s wouldn’t come to us, unless we pay them ludicrous overs.

The others are crabs mate. There’s reasons no one grabbed Winder in the mid season draft and couldn’t get games with Eagles… Eagles mate! The team with more opportunities than any in the last 3 years and he couldn’t make it. Why aren’t you so critical on those facts?

Berry we may still be able to grab.

Johnson? That’s just a stupid waste of everyone’s time. Bloke had 6 touches in his last game.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back