List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I also think Baker has been a lock to WC for a while, they were just all playing games and if that's the case I cant see how we arent possibly chips in on Warner and Pickett THIS year. I would find it extremely strange if it's just Bolton in the end even though Bolton and some decent picks is hardly a bad thing

Why do people keep talking about Warner for this year? Sydney simply won't let it happen. And Bolton is the key for Pickett coming so Pickett has the drawcard of playing with his cousin. The Warner + Pickett combo is a stone cold 0% chance of happening (not even 0.01%), I don't know why people are even giving it a second thought.

It's not crazy. What we lacked most is exactly what Pickett/Bolton can provide up forward. Our midfield was still top shelf without Warner.

And you could get Pickett for say 900k. Warner would be well north of 1 million. Even approaching 1.4-1.5 million. That difference could be the difference in keeping a best 22 player (or even two if it is spread out).

The only caveat is I think we do need some more size/power in the midfield to replace Fyfe and help Young. But we have Johnson, O'Driscoll, Erasmus to continue developing. Even Chapman. Maybe even Jackson. And long term there is Robinson, plus I would be targeting Rivers for FA end of 2027.
We also likely hold a draft pick that could get us Allan.

Why do people keep talking about Warner for this year? Sydney simply won't let it happen. And Bolton is the key for Pickett coming so Pickett has the drawcard of playing with his cousin. The Warner + Pickett combo is a stone cold 0% chance of happening (not even 0.01%), I don't know why people are even giving it a second thought.
It's not both, it's one or the other. Just making the case I expect to at least hear SOMETHING on both those names. I think it's useful if Warner requests a trade this year even if Sydney say no. Makes next year easier if that happens.

It's apparently a really good draft so 9 and 16 for Bolton and 39 then going to the draft with 10, 27 and 39 makes a lot of sense IMO. Take the best available ball user at 10 then best available at 27 and 39.

Personally I am fine with that as well but I just have a feeling the club wanted to make a bigger trade splash than just Bolton. Still think there is a lot to play out in that space.

As long as we don't push more picks into next year I am happy with Bolton and 2024 draft.

How the Swans respond to getting pumped in the GF and how Melbourne manage the Petracca/Oliver issues will determine the futures of Warner and Pickett. Can't see either coming this year but both teams could possibly implode next year leading to a trade request in 12 months time.

Yep. No way will WCE in their right mind send pick 13 for him.

I don't see any way that they don't.
bird box girl GIF by NETFLIX

Can’t tell if Richmond fans are taking the piss or they actually think West Coast would give up pick 3 for Bolton on top of pick 13 for Baker
I am genuinely starting to feel sorry for Richmond’s list management team, what happens when all the trades are done and they don’t have picks, 3,6,9 & 10 in the draft on top of their pick 1 and 21? Are the fans going to rock up with pitchforks because Ralf told them it was all in the bag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather we pretend our future first isn't available until Kozzie's trade request goes public tbh

I'm looking at it the same way, just that Richmond will have so many picks this year they might see higher value in a future pick, and if Melbourne love this draft they might value #16 higher than the future pick.

The reaction to Baker is interesting. Will be fascinating to see how he goes at west coast. Moot point now but the Last time I remember our fanbase being so underwhelmed about a potential recruit, was when we selected Caleb Serong with pick 8 in 2019 instead of Dev Robertson.

Some prominent freo fans in social media had a massive Dev Robertson campaign ongoing at that time.

If you look at the first page of Caleb’s welcome post on BF, you can sense the resignation and disappointment at the pick from many of the posts…
Hilarious reading in hindsight.

Fans get it wrong often, but for what it’s worth I would have loved Baker for a Pick in the 20s but not pick 10!
Talking of Dev Robertson, any interest of either WA clubs?

A second rounder is suffice

90% of dumb punters will be happy that the new coach has seemingly brought Baker and Graham with him.

Reality is we called their bluff and placed 10 on the table knowing he was never coming.

Now, their completely transparent attempts at happy times will backfire spectacularly when they have to offer 13 to ‘match’ what Freo were apparently intending to use.

Talking of Dev Robertson, any interest of either WA clubs?

A second rounder is suffice
Dev Robertson is so average that trading a second rounder for him would be as bad as trading pick 2 for Lachie Weller.

Erasmus, Johnson and NOD are all better footballers than he is with potential to get better.

90% of dumb punters will be happy that the new coach has seemingly brought Baker and Graham with him.

Reality is we called their bluff and placed 10 on the table knowing he was never coming.

Now, their completely transparent attempts at happy times will backfire spectacularly when they have to offer 13 to ‘match’ what Freo were apparently intending to use.
And they'll do the same to us for Bolton by claiming they're still an option once he formally nominates us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back