List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, I get that, but one is 29 and one is 23.
Swans won’t accept 10 and F1 and you can be assured they’ll ask the question of Pearce and Cox IF there’s any consideration to Chad leaving this year.
And I'd absolutely look at Cox, If that's to Sydney, WC or Adelaide, or wherever, if it means we get the 3.

Pearce is more valuable to us right now. Draper and McDonald are more than capable of playing the Cox role.

Yep, I get that, but one is 29 and one is 23.
Swans won’t accept 10 and F1 and you can be assured they’ll ask the question of Pearce and Cox IF there’s any consideration to Chad leaving this year.

Would trade Cox and fast track Davies, while using O Mac…

But Cox won’t want to be traded

The best thing for us now is Pickett and Bolton because of the hand we have.

If we have them both kicking footies at Cockburn, here’s what next year looks like:

Most likely a full hand of 2025 picks, assuming Pickett goes for 10 and change and Bolton goes for 9 and 16.

Whan and Hart in the pocket ready to be taken as necessary.

A full hand of 2026 picks.
Robinson ready to be taken in 2026.

All draft picks available for Chad, and a more successful team because of Pickett and Bolton, which should make him choose us, driving away West Coast
Agree.

Our biggest issue is the forward line.

Treacy, Amiss, Jackson, Sturt, Freddy, Switta, Pickett and Bolton are something else.

Watching Darcy Fort make Grundy a non issue, also makes a Darcy trade more appetising.

I like Sean, but if we can add all three targets and go in with Reidy and a fast developing Knobel, I don’t hate it tbh.

Would like Jackson to be slimming down too

Watching Darcy Fort make Grundy a non issue, also makes a Darcy trade more appetising.

I like Sean, but if we can add all three targets and go in with Reidy and a fast developing Knobel, I don’t hate it tbh.

Darcy makes us better though.

If he can't get fit this year, it's on the table. But we win more when he plays.

Has anyone been on the GC Board? Someone stated that this would be the likely net outcome of the trade period and all five of their posters liked it:

out: 6, 12, 20 and Lukosius
In: Rioli, Noble, Port F1, Coll F1, and an F2 of some sort

Could you imagine the melts on here?
GC treat their picks like monopoly money. They don't understand the value of them because they've never had to.

Doc Holliday in Tombstone is up there with Samwise Gamgee as one of the most loyal and true friends shown on screen. Literally turns up for his friend while dying, the entire movie then at the end sends him away so he doesn't linger in the grief of losing him. Selfless and heroic. What a guy.
In real life Doc Holliday was aimlessly drifting (drinking) after getting tuberculosis and leaving his dental practice to go to a warmer climate. Aligning with Earp gave him a purpose, hence he could stick fat and use his skills as a crack shot for a greater cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone been on the GC Board? Someone stated that this would be the likely net outcome of the trade period and all five of their posters liked it:

out: 6, 12, 20 and Lukosius
In: Rioli, Noble, Port F1, Coll F1, and an F2 of some sort

Could you imagine the melts on here?
You're forgetting that they are getting Leo Lombard for nothing.

Brodie had nearly twice as many hit outs and possessions as Fort. He had fully 3 times as many hitouts to advantage (15 to 5). 7 clearances and was the third highest rated player on the ground and the highest Sydney player. It's not his fault that of their entire midfield only Rowbottom bothered to turn up or be selected despite being injured.

I really don't see it with Perryman. He wants to be a midfielder but is going to be on huge coin to play a position he has never really shown he can dominate in. Zac Williams 2.0 IMO.
Yeah and seems to perform his best as a loose in defense. Slight caveat in that he has done some good lockdown jobs but you don't shell out massive coin for that role.

Grundy was the only player that put his hand up to win that game from the Swans. His teammates let him down. He trounced Fort but he shouldn't be blamed for them losing.

Just get the deals done with minimal fuss and move forward.

Be hard-asses if someone wants out, without being dodo-esque.

I don't want to win trade week anymore. I want to win flags.
I see no reason to rush the trade. Don’t leave to last day necessarily but into the second week is fine. By then compo picks have been handed out and smaller trades completed.

Brodie had nearly twice as many hit outs and possessions as Fort. He had fully 3 times as many hitouts to advantage (15 to 5). 7 clearances and was the third highest rated player on the ground and the highest Sydney player. It's not his fault that of their entire midfield only Rowbottom bothered to turn up or be selected despite being injured.
I am with you. Whenever a midfield just disappears, and the ruckman still does well, everyone says "What point is there having a decent ruck?" - ignoring the bit where the entire midfield disappeared.

He gave them first use 15 times. If they shat the bed, it's not his fault.

That said, it was not prime era Grundy beating up Fort. When he successfully ripped it out of the contest and took it himself, it was probably a liability because his disposal wasn't as effective as it could have been. He'd have been better off monstering it forward Mr September or Sandi style than trying to get clean possession and then dispose.

So unfair we hace to choose between Chad vs pickett vs bolton vs three first rounders… (or a combo of these!) - hard life heh!😆🎉🎉🎉. Talk about a first world problem!

Based on previous years and trades:

- normally Chad would be the most gettable this year given next year is last of his contract. Makes sense for sydney to trade if they can get more this year than next when they will be over a barrel.

And we need a mid-forward scoring 30+ goals every bit as much as we need a small forward. Frees up serong, young and brayshaw to kick more goals moving forward too. (And small forwards easier to draft and quicker to play afl too.)

But… we are stuffed by Sydney having a real chance of another GF appearance next year if he stays… and significantly less likely if he goes. So given premierships are the goal… can’t see Sydney trading this year in any scenario other than chad needing to come home for personal reasons.

So realistically take chad off the table. This year.
And prioritise getting another F1 next year to secure him then.
And grow up a bit and recognise we are just going to have to wait another year!;)

- Bolton brilliance needed, straight swap out for walters.

But yet to name Freo - and worth noting mini and graham and baker to west coast at this point, which has to change things re bolton negotiations and preference)

and has a long time to go on his contract.

So if we want him we will be paying v serious overs, esp if weagles split their top
Pick to make a play.

Which i dont think has EVER worked for Freo? (Jackson jury is really still out… whilst feeling v hopeful!)

concerns too over his cultural fit at Freo (no ego allowed, hard work over occasional moments of awesome, beautiful brilliance etc.)

What is the Risk of him not increasing our team scoring 30+ more goals per year? needs to be openly discussed and assessed. Cause thats the sort of return we need if we are going to be paying serious overs for him.

- Kickett offers Bolton scoring and awesome forward defence pressure. For me, he is the best plug and play solution available to us.

But hasnt named us and asked to be traded. And if oliver is traded aint no way melbourne lets kickett go unless they go into full rebuild mode.

To me, line in the sand is 9 and 16 for bolton. Answer needed now from richmond. If a yes is not forthcoming we throw 9 and 10 (and second?) At pickett - serious overs but we need his defence as well as his scoring.
And we use 16 for Berry or Allen.

And if none of these come off… pick trade like crazy so can get
  • Berry
  • Allen
And ?
And prioritise getting another F1 to go after Chad next year.

Fingers crossed - great time to be a freo fan!

I am with you. Whenever a midfield just disappears, and the ruckman still does well, everyone says "What point is there having a decent ruck?" - ignoring the bit where the entire midfield disappeared.

He gave them first use 15 times. If they shat the bed, it's not his fault.

That said, it was not prime era Grundy beating up Fort. When he successfully ripped it out of the contest and took it himself, it was probably a liability because his disposal wasn't as effective as it could have been. He'd have been better off monstering it forward Mr September or Sandi style than trying to get clean possession and then dispose.
I reckon a better example of a superior ruck being nullified to an extent is the 2013 GF and it making a big difference. It was 52 to 26 hitouts that day, but only 14-8 hitouts to advantage; there's the game right there.

Something I didn't know until I checked just the then was Clarke only had 1 HTA the whole match!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back