List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So unfair we hace to choose between Chad vs pickett vs bolton vs three first rounders… (or a combo of these!) - hard life heh!😆🎉🎉🎉. Talk about a first world problem!

Based on previous years and trades:

- normally Chad would be the most gettable this year given next year is last of his contract. Makes sense for sydney to trade if they can get more this year than next when they will be over a barrel.

And we need a mid-forward scoring 30+ goals every bit as much as we need a small forward. Frees up serong, young and brayshaw to kick more goals moving forward too. (And small forwards easier to draft and quicker to play afl too.)

But… we are stuffed by Sydney having a real chance of another GF appearance next year if he stays… and significantly less likely if he goes. So given premierships are the goal… can’t see Sydney trading this year in any scenario other than chad needing to come home for personal reasons.

So realistically take chad off the table. This year.
And prioritise getting another F1 next year to secure him then.
And grow up a bit and recognise we are just going to have to wait another year!;)

- Bolton brilliance needed, straight swap out for walters.

But yet to name Freo - and worth noting mini and graham and baker to west coast at this point, which has to change things re bolton negotiations and preference)

and has a long time to go on his contract.

So if we want him we will be paying v serious overs, esp if weagles split their top
Pick to make a play.

Which i dont think has EVER worked for Freo? (Jackson jury is really still out… whilst feeling v hopeful!)

concerns too over his cultural fit at Freo (no ego allowed, hard work over occasional moments of awesome, beautiful brilliance etc.)

What is the Risk of him not increasing our team scoring 30+ more goals per year? needs to be openly discussed and assessed. Cause thats the sort of return we need if we are going to be paying serious overs for him.

- Kickett offers Bolton scoring and awesome forward defence pressure. For me, he is the best plug and play solution available to us.

But hasnt named us and asked to be traded. And if oliver is traded aint no way melbourne lets kickett go unless they go into full rebuild mode.

To me, line in the sand is 9 and 16 for bolton. Answer needed now from richmond. If a yes is not forthcoming we throw 9 and 10 (and second?) At pickett - serious overs but we need his defence as well as his scoring.
And we use 16 for Berry or Allen.

And if none of these come off… pick trade like crazy so can get
  • Berry
  • Allen
And ?
And prioritise getting another F1 to go after Chad next year.

Fingers crossed - great time to be a freo fan!
Here's the plan, we trade in Pickett and Bolton.

We kidnap Chad Warner, we have him play under the name "Corey Wagner" and hope nobody knows the difference.

Missed among Cooneys crazy "give everything for Chad" mega trade is the very valid point he was agreeing with Roos on. Sydney need a better rounded midfield and that team needs a circuit breaker change.

There has to be a scenario they let Warner go. Now, I'm still pretty sure we can't afford him and Bolton but something big between him and Pickett is going to happen the next week, SURELY.

So unfair we hace to choose between Chad vs pickett vs bolton vs three first rounders… (or a combo of these!) - hard life heh!😆🎉🎉🎉. Talk about a first world problem!

Based on previous years and trades:

- normally Chad would be the most gettable this year given next year is last of his contract. Makes sense for sydney to trade if they can get more this year than next when they will be over a barrel.

And we need a mid-forward scoring 30+ goals every bit as much as we need a small forward. Frees up serong, young and brayshaw to kick more goals moving forward too. (And small forwards easier to draft and quicker to play afl too.)

But… we are stuffed by Sydney having a real chance of another GF appearance next year if he stays… and significantly less likely if he goes. So given premierships are the goal… can’t see Sydney trading this year in any scenario other than chad needing to come home for personal reasons.

So realistically take chad off the table. This year.
And prioritise getting another F1 next year to secure him then.
And grow up a bit and recognise we are just going to have to wait another year!;)

- Bolton brilliance needed, straight swap out for walters.

But yet to name Freo - and worth noting mini and graham and baker to west coast at this point, which has to change things re bolton negotiations and preference)

and has a long time to go on his contract.

So if we want him we will be paying v serious overs, esp if weagles split their top
Pick to make a play.

Which i dont think has EVER worked for Freo? (Jackson jury is really still out… whilst feeling v hopeful!)

concerns too over his cultural fit at Freo (no ego allowed, hard work over occasional moments of awesome, beautiful brilliance etc.)

What is the Risk of him not increasing our team scoring 30+ more goals per year? needs to be openly discussed and assessed. Cause thats the sort of return we need if we are going to be paying serious overs for him.

- Kickett offers Bolton scoring and awesome forward defence pressure. For me, he is the best plug and play solution available to us.

But hasnt named us and asked to be traded. And if oliver is traded aint no way melbourne lets kickett go unless they go into full rebuild mode.

To me, line in the sand is 9 and 16 for bolton. Answer needed now from richmond. If a yes is not forthcoming we throw 9 and 10 (and second?) At pickett - serious overs but we need his defence as well as his scoring.
And we use 16 for Berry or Allen.

And if none of these come off… pick trade like crazy so can get
  • Berry
  • Allen
And ?
And prioritise getting another F1 to go after Chad next year.

Fingers crossed - great time to be a freo fan!
I know a Mid like Warner who can kick goals is a must but 2 elite smalls makes us so much more dangerous. I think getting Warner can have bad impact on Johnson and Ras who knows that they could be 12 months from now. Also we don't know what players could want to leave 12 months from now we could easily get an extra first from player movements next year. Make the moves now because things can change. Warner could do his knee of have bad concussions or want to choose west coast or stay.

The best thing for us now is Pickett and Bolton because of the hand we have.

If we have them both kicking footies at Cockburn, here’s what next year looks like:

Most likely a full hand of 2025 picks, assuming Pickett goes for 10 and change and Bolton goes for 9 and 16.

Whan and Hart in the pocket ready to be taken as necessary.

A full hand of 2026 picks.
Robinson ready to be taken in 2026.

All draft picks available for Chad, and a more successful team because of Pickett and Bolton, which should make him choose us, driving away West Coast

There's no way we get a contracted Pickett for 10 and change. It would have to be 10 + F1. Might not even be enough as Melbourne will dig their heels in.

Then we've got the problem that what is left for Bolton (9 + 16) won't get us much salary cap relief. So our cap would be bursting. It might be that Switta unfortunately needs to go if we want Pickett. He could help get the trade over the line as well.

Melbourne are really interesting. If they get rid of Clarry, Viney is aging and possibly Petracca's comeback is stalled from injury they are limited in the midfield. Sparrow is not an answer as they know.
Brodie would help them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone notice the role Zac Bailey played in the GF, continually working back into defense to get that ball rolling forward. A role I think Freddy should be doing for us when we need it. It meant the Swans defenders just let him go up there and able to create.

Oliver to meet with Geelong.

How do they get that done with Smith as well? De Koning is the only real currency they have, right?
Oliver is worth nothing because the contract is the worst in the AFL. The bigger questions is how the **** Geelong can take that on

Oliver is worth nothing because the contract is the worst in the AFL. The bigger questions is how the **** Geelong can take that on

Wonder what Hawkins was on at the end there, they also don't have a heap of elite talent. Outside of Cameron there probably wouldn't be too many on MASSIVE coin and he's discounted due to property in Geelong. They will just get it done if it's at all possible.

Missed among Cooneys crazy "give everything for Chad" mega trade is the very valid point he was agreeing with Roos on. Sydney need a better rounded midfield and that team needs a circuit breaker change.

There has to be a scenario they let Warner go. Now, I'm still pretty sure we can't afford him and Bolton but something big between him and Pickett is going to happen the next week, SURELY.

Carnthedockers has basically promised us (on pain of death) that there are irons in the fire. Its one or the other IMO.

I know a Mid like Warner who can kick goals is a must but 2 elite smalls makes us so much more dangerous. I think getting Warner can have bad impact on Johnson and Ras who knows that they could be 12 months from now. Also we don't know what players could want to leave 12 months from now we could easily get an extra first from player movements next year. Make the moves now because things can change. Warner could do his knee of have bad concussions or want to choose west coast or stay.

Bolton is that mid as well. Probably not Chad good in the middle but still, he's very good at centre bounce.

In fact, the only reason Bolton isn't straight up better than Chad for us is the fact he is 3 years older and has already tasted success.

Pickett and Bolton is the perfect mix of players for us (in terms of types) with Pickett and Chad 2nd. Bolton and Chad is still good obvs.

They'd still have to give something even if it's a second.

But Smith and Oliver together? With Stengle?

Forecast for Geelong is snow.

Sounds like a treat for the old timers. Do we bring back Dale or Derek? Derek was a favourite of mine at Claremont as a kid.

They'd still have to give something even if it's a second.

But Smith and Oliver together? With Stengle?

Forecast for Geelong is snow.
The fact it's even an option shows the insane intangible bonuses that place has over us. It's absolutely nuts a team can even contemplate those three together from an off-field perspective but then again, only in Geelong can a player comatose themselves from a big night and no one is allowed to report it.

**** I hate that place out of spite and jealousy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back