List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide trade #25 for Neal-Bullen
Freo trade #9 and #16 for Bolton and #29
Freo trade #10 and F1 for Pickett and #25
Melbourne trade #10 and Oliver to Geelong for F1
Geelong trade #10 and #35 to Dogs for Smith
#15 is enough for Bailey Sniff. Geelong know this and bulldogs will eventually take it

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They don’t want to trade him tho they aren’t pushing him out no way they do that deal

Ohhh I think Melbourne are the ones looking to move him on, they just aren't there yet in terms of admitting he is a liability that destroys their squad cohesion and costs a million bucks a year to sneak out of hospital for "reasons" after being admitted there for "reasons".

Anyone notice the role Zac Bailey played in the GF, continually working back into defense to get that ball rolling forward. A role I think Freddy should be doing for us when we need it. It meant the Swans defenders just let him go up there and able to create.
Fredrick doesn't have the ground game to push up the ground in my view. His statistical profile is that of a genuine small/medium forward, despite the fact that he plays on the half forward flank. To borrow and mangle a soccer analogy he's almost a false forward pocket. Pushes up high to create space and goes back towards goal at speed on turnover to get behind the defense.

Sturt actually has the best ground stats of all our forwards if you exclude Banners (who has significant wing minutes biasing them) and Switta (who is already pushing up the ground to stoppages and the odd CBA).

Personally I think we need Kosi and Bolton the most. But re Warner, not sure Sydney are going to be thrilled looking forward now to 2025 after coming off another GF failure that's becoming part of the common lexicon of the media/commentators and with a key player expecting to trade out at the end of the year. Heeney coming off stress fractures not disimilar to our situation with Fyfe so there's ?? around that. Doesn't bode well for another good run at it. They may decide to force the move now as part of their needed reset, both mentally and strategically. Will be interesting to watch.

Ohhh I think Melbourne are the ones looking to move him on, they just aren't there yet in terms of admitting he is a liability that destroys their squad cohesion and costs a million bucks a year to sneak out of hospital for "reasons" after being admitted there for "reasons".
Melbourne have been steadfast on keeping him. There is no way they’d give a pick with Oliver to go to Geelong. heads would roll just won’t happen

Melbourne have been steadfast on keeping him. There is no way they’d give a pick with Oliver to go to Geelong. heads would roll just won’t happen
They might be open to the idea of getting his salary off their books, but not at the expense of a pick with it. They'd still want a decent return for him as any other option would involve them all being fired as well.

Adelaide trade #25 for Neal-Bullen
Freo trade #9 and #16 for Bolton and #29
Freo trade #10 and F1 for Pickett and #25
Melbourne trade #10 and Oliver to Geelong for F1
Geelong trade #10 and #35 to Dogs for Smith

Come on mate, you reckon you're getting picks back with Bolton and Pickett? lol

Happy to come back to this post after the trade period but there's no way you're getting those deals. May as well give you our wives and daughters too for a poke in the eye.

If you want two gun players you'll need to effectively trade yourself out of the draft for a year or two, even with your current hand, which may be necessary if you think you're in the window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to come back to this post after the trade period but there's no way you're getting those deals. May as well give you our wives and daughters too for a poke in the eye.

If you want two gun players you'll need to effectively trade yourself out of the draft for a year or two, even with your current hand, which may be necessary if you think you're in the window.

It's pretty standard historically for contracted guns to be traded for two firsts with a second or very early third coming back.

I do expect to not get any picks back if some of the player's salary is being covered by the original club.

Something would come back, even if it's later because clubs dont do 4 picks for 2 players. I'd agree it's closer to 50 than 30 though. Picks basically low enough the club losing them ignores them but the club getting them needs them

It's pretty standard historically for contracted guns to be traded for two firsts with a second or very early third coming back.

I do expect to not get any picks back if some of the player's salary is being covered by the original club.

Don't know the Freo TPP situation.

Do you think you could afford Pickett + Bolton if they're both on $1mil/year?

I'd pay half Bolton's easily. Heck I'd pay the whole thing if it means getting 9+10.

Kane raises a good point, Kozzie v Warner. Getting one rules out the other so we need to make the right choice. I think it comes down to how much Johnson, Erasmus and Noddy improve. None of them will get to Warner's level but as a collective if they can elevate our midfield offensively and defensively we should be comfortable with prioritising Warner.

Last edited:
Kane raises a good point, Kozzie v Warner. Getting one rules out the other so we need to make the right choice. I think it comes down to how much Johnson, Erasmus and Noddy improve. None of them will get to Warner's level but as a collective if they can elevate our midfield offensively and defensively we should be comfortably with prioritising Warner.
Agree. Think Pickett is more of a need

Kane raises a good point, Kozzie v Warner. Getting one rules out the other so we need to make the right choice. I think it comes down to how much Johnson, Erasmus and Noddy improve. None of them will get to Warner's level but as a collective if they can elevate our midfield offensively and defensively we should be comfortably with prioritising Warner.
I really dont think it's a hard choice. We are getting Bolton, that's our offensive part time mid to round out the core. He's arguably a BETTER fit because he's a forward first. If you can add Pickett it's really a no-brainer.

There's literally no better cost/benefit acquisition for us than Pickett/Bolton. If you had have said to this place 12 months ago we are getting Pickett/Bolton this year we'd have lost our collective minds

Don't know the Freo TPP situation.

Do you think you could afford Pickett + Bolton if they're both on $1mil/year?

I'd pay half Bolton's easily. Heck I'd pay the whole thing if it means getting 9+10.
I dont think Pickett will be on that much or is on that much which is why he's that much more appealing. I think we are guaranteed to lose someone decent if somehow got Bolton/Warner but Pickett needing up to 700k less a year (1.5m vs 800k) than Warner is gigantic in the scheme of things.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back