List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Kelly can gagf.

Id take Kelly if he was cheap! We obviously want another mid if we are after Warner. We may not be able to fit it Warner, Bolton and Pickett.

But can we fit in Bolton, Pickett and Kelly into the salary cap?
I think we need one of the following if we're bringing in another mid tbh:
  • Big bodied inside mid to replace Fyfe.
  • Mids that can effectively play both inside mid and a second role (either wing or HFF most likely).

Warner is a big upgrade in the second one. I think we'd want a bigger mid than Kelly to replace Fyfe tbh - Kelly is playing like a poor man's Brayshaw except also a one way runner. There's worse mids in the league but he just doesn't fit what we're looking for.

Jake Santa Maria says the Egos are chasing two first round picks for Tom Barrass????

It's an easy gig being a media mouth - just make stuff up and then set it free into the outlet of your choice. Job done.

Seriously some of you are considering Tim Kelly, with the worst retention rate of kicks inside 50? He’s a ball butcher, the worst in the AFL.

In the next 5 years, which years will TK be better than O’Driscoll, Johnson and Erasmus. Not many, if any.

Let the Eagles keep him on the books.

For a 3rd rounder, on 400k a year for 3 years.

I would consider him on the cheap. Playing him at half forward, and rotating him through the midfield.

The big question marks this year were defensive effort. He would clearly be best 22.

Jake Santa Maria says the Egos are chasing two first round picks for Tom Barrass????

It's an easy gig being a media mouth - just make stuff up and then set it free into the outlet of your choice. Job done.

I don’t blame them, we’d want the same thing if we lost a bloke in contract with such significance to our team.

Sure he’s getting on a bit, but pick 13 seems way unders for me.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

For a 3rd rounder, on 400k a year for 3 years.

I would consider him on the cheap. Playing him at half forward, and rotating him through the midfield.

The big question marks this year were defensive effort. He would clearly be best 22.

Getting Kelly cheap would finally be the perfect use of having a two team state. He wants to stay in WA, we don't have to pay overs to get him to travel across the country and he fills a decent need. That being the half forward who can roll up into the midfield. His best role is what he was playing at Geelong, he's not a A-grade full time mid but my god he is an A-grade high half forward.

He kicked 48 goals in two seasons at the Cats playing that role and has kicked 31 in the 5 seasons with the Eagles. I am all for it as long as its on our terms, Eagles don't want him, he doesn't want to stay but he also doesn't want to leave WA.

Getting Kelly cheap would finally be the perfect use of having a two team state. He wants to stay in WA, we don't have to pay overs to get him to travel across the country and he fills a decent need. That being the half forward who can roll up into the midfield. His best role is what he was playing at Geelong, he's not a A-grade full time mid but my god he is an A-grade high half forward.

He kicked 48 goals in two seasons at the Cats playing that role and has kicked 31 in the 5 seasons with the Eagles. I am all for it as long as its on our terms, Eagles don't want him, he doesn't want to stay but he also doesn't want to leave WA.

Yeah, just give him the same role he had at Geelong, and make it a performance based contract, so he needs to work hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need one of the following if we're bringing in another mid tbh:
  • Big bodied inside mid to replace Fyfe.
  • Mids that can effectively play both inside mid and a second role (either wing or HFF most likely).

Warner is a big upgrade in the second one. I think we'd want a bigger mid than Kelly to replace Fyfe tbh - Kelly is playing like a poor man's Brayshaw except also a one way runner. There's worse mids in the league but he just doesn't fit what we're looking for.

Big bodied midfield to replace Fyfe:

NOD - 188cm
Johnson - 193cm
Erasmus - 190cm

Give these kids 1-2 years and they’ll monster midfields.

One word... Pav.
And Pav is gone, the club didn't fold and we're all still here. Just like if Brayshaw left. The sun would still come up and the supporters would remain. The club should absolutely be putting the prospects of the club before the feelings of the players.

Found this in the thread on the main board about the St Kilda president having a whinge.

Here's the number of 100 gamers each club has who were born between 1965 and 1980 (roughly the age of current father-son fathers):

35: Melbourne
34: Essendon
33: Brisbane
32: West Coast
31:
30: Collingwood
29: Hawthorn, North Melbourne
28: Geelong
27: Adelaide
26: Carlton, Western Bulldogs
25: Sydney
24: Richmond