List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne need a small reset. It's actually lunacy they think they can turn things around in one year. They need to rejuvenate their list because atm they don't have the personnel to make top four and losing Oliver will make that worse.

Petracca is only 28 so they have time to turn things around before he retires. The chances of Pickett staying until the end of his contract in 2027 are low so he won't be there when they turn things around. Might as well load up on trade capital and draft/bring in players. Literally every premiership team goes through this.

Gawn is 33 next year, Petracca is injury prone and no Oliver, they aren't going to make finals next year.
They won one flag with all of Gawn, Trac, May, Lever, Fritsch and Oliver in absolute full flight and their prime and massive contributions from Kozzie and Jackson.

Comapre to where they are at now and it's nothing but complete delusion if they think they can win a flag again. In fact, I don't believe anyone at the club can actually be that delusional and so only care about their own jobs by not restarting

Now Martin is out the picture they surely have a dip at another small forward
Bit late for that now. I remember us scrambling to find a replacement for Schultz last year when he told us around this time. Everyone who was on the market had been having long conversations with other clubs before we even got into the picture

Pickett is 23, they’ll try to keep him as long as they can

Depends on their ladder position IMO. They’re still close enough to the top eight that they can think they can still make finals (or more if they’re delusional enough). If they finish bottom four next year, it’s more than possible Melbourne are more open to a trade and Pickett therefore requesting one.

They’re an injury to Gawn or Petracca away from being one of the competition’s genuinely sh** teams IMO.

Geelong going to trade for them how? What picks?
Unless ask some players to be traded.
Close for example could.

Geelong win by short fleecing others. Same old. Meanwhile Fremantle traded second rounder for Clark even though he was never a B22 lock
Clark was always going to be in our best 22. He was blackballed by Scarlett, guess what happened, they dumped Scarlett and traded Clark.

Richmond fans have to be the most delusional fans in the league don’t think I’ve seen anyone over value their players like they have been

Think Melbourne will take unders to get him out. Maybe F1 & sometime small on top. But they have to get smith too I guess. McCure said Oliver knows trade mightn’t happen

A guy out of form with off field issues on a million a year.....F2 would be fair, F1 is a great deal for Melbourne.

Bit late for that now. I remember us scrambling to find a replacement for Schultz last year when he told us around this time. Everyone who was on the market had been having long conversations with other clubs before we even got into the picture
Still plenty of time clubs haven’t really even met properly yet. Someone will pop up. Ginnivan and JOM are 2 off the top of my head in last 2 years that only come up day or 2 before deadline day.

Only way I don’t think they go for someone is if they try to get into next year for Warner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They won one flag with all of Gawn, Trac, May, Lever, Fritsch and Oliver in absolute full flight and their prime and massive contributions from Kozzie and Jackson.

Comapre to where they are at now and it's nothing but complete delusion if they think they can win a flag again. In fact, I don't believe anyone at the club can actually be that delusional and so only care about their own jobs by not restarting
That's what I'm saying, they won't make finals next year so idk what's the point of keeping players that want to leave unless they believe they can contend. They can turn it around quickly if they stock up on draft picks. Replacing Oliver should be priority one.

On the whole, Dees trading Clarry and then blowing it up further by trading Kozzie thing, I think there is a commercial factor that might stop them dealing both. Sure the draft capital is great for them but trading all your fan's favourite players when they're already fuming at the club is a recipe for disaster. Dees fans are out for blood at the minute and they have to manage the backlash, keeping Kozzie probably helps them do that.

A guy out of form with off field issues on a million a year.....F2 would be fair, F1 is a great deal for Melbourne.

Going to be very interesting what the value is.

Even a F1 is incredibly unders for what he’s produced in the past but if Geelong pay a significant part of his salary I can see this one approaching salary cap dump territory. Given how great he was in the past a F2 is bordering a salary cap dump.

Dees are almost at that stage where you’d build around Rivers, Windsor and JVR, possibly Pickett. And clear the decks on the rest.

May is old, Viney and Gawn are old, but you keep them until they break for leadership.

I think they have to keep Petracca as no one will pay the Picks….at least this year.
But Pickett may be shaken loose so they use the Oliver picks, plus pick 6 or whatever they have plus the Pickett picks and load up now

Season 10 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

The unique thing about this situation is the guy out of form is still only 27 and was on track to be an all-time great of his footy club. At his best he's the sort of player that commands 2 good firsts, getting him for a F1 could turn into the heist of a lifetime. Tough decisions for both the chaser and the owner.

Dees are almost at that stage where you’d build around Rivers, Windsor and JVR, possibly Pickett. And clear the decks on the rest.

May is old, Viney and Gawn are old, but you keep them until they break for leadership.

I think they have to keep Petracca as no one will pay the Picks….at least this year.
But Pickett may be shaken loose so they use the Oliver picks, plus pick 6 or whatever they have plus the Pickett picks and load up now
Can’t see them rebuilding right now. Maxy & the like would want to have 1 more crack with this list. Just can’t see Pickett being traded. More than happy to be wrong.

Rivers is possibly the second biggest flight risk (i.e. leaving Victoria) on their list.

Only reason it’s not more likely he’ll be on our list than Melbourne’s in 3-4 years is that there’s a team at Laithlain. No idea who he’d prefer from the two clubs but he won’t be at Melbourne past free agency.

My 2 cent valued hypothetical is this:

1. We get Shai Bolton in after useless posturing from WCE
2. We take our first pick to the draft, take best available irrespective of player position.
3. We bundle later picks to another team needing points into what will hopefully transpire to be an earlier pick next year

IMO, Warner is not happening this year.
Still think it’s 50/50 whether Warner actually leaves Sydney at all.
If anything happens with Warner it’s next year.
WCE will be doing everything in their power next year to get him too - it’s going to be a bunfight between us next year.

Kossie aint leaving Melbourne…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I need CTD or Jammomonty to come on here and categorically rule out Pickett before i give up hope 🤣. Although Twomey normally knows his stuff.

IF Pickett is available we should be choosing him over over Warner. The cost of bringing in Warner (cap and picks) can blow up in our face, not to mention he isn't even guaranteed to come to Freo and could change his mind. A rational organisation in this circumstance would choose Pickett, regardless of any guarantees made. Our list is so close to contending. It's taken years to get here and I don't want to piss it away on one player.
I’m mostly on board with this BUT Bolton kind of plays like Pickett but neither Bolton nor Pickett play like Warner
And neither do any of our other mids , they are all fairly slow and dont have all round elite disposal ( Serongs handballs are elite )

I just want whichever of them want to come here to be honest and I’d be surprised if it’s both ( knowing our luck though it probably will be and we have to watch one of them end up at the Slime ☹️)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back