List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get it with Smith.

Massively over rated and coming off an ACL.

Good for Geelong to gut themselves for him
Is the ACL a big issue these days? Aside from missing 12 months of footy it seems like most players come back with the same ability and don't appear any more likely to do another one? Ashcroft didn't miss a beat coming back from his.

They won one flag with all of Gawn, Trac, May, Lever, Fritsch and Oliver in absolute full flight and their prime and massive contributions from Kozzie and Jackson.

Comapre to where they are at now and it's nothing but complete delusion if they think they can win a flag again. In fact, I don't believe anyone at the club can actually be that delusional and so only care about their own jobs by not restarting
Their window is so shut, it's sealed with Selleys No More Gaps. That thing ain't opening without a chisel or crowbar. Everything just lined up perfectly for them in 2021, like you said their players were in full flight

What’s all this about?
Surely we aren’t going to fold and give 9 & 10 for Bolton?

Its all a game we want to low ball they want overs deal won't be 9 and 10 but will involve at least one of those.

There well be change going back one way but most likely late picks swapping with both teams thinking they won.

can't believe you arent used to it yet.
Deal wont be done before Friday next week
No offence to Martin but I was seeing another Harley Bennell situation happening, but maybe Harley would have come good under Merriman instead of Webber, all complete speculation though
Wasn't Merriman the guy that fixed is calf when he went to Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I'm super keen to wait around for Warner by simply pushing both picks forward - so much can happen in 12 months, waiting for saviors has never served us well we need to start competing for flags now.

We need to secure Bolton. I'd love Kosi but not sure I see it happening.

So if we can get out of this with Bolton for say 9 & 16 - then take 10 and 27 into the draft.

Just have the feeling that there is going to be some wild selections and moves in this draft and having 10 & 27 will be prime targets for clubs willing to trade future picks ...there is nothing like a name that you want in front of you and the clock ticking to motivate you.

I'd happily trade 10 for a future 1st from Melb, Essendon or St Kilda ....these guys may just be enamored by a mid they rate and next year this could be a potential top 5 pick.

Same with 27 (if we can't move 10) - if we can move you into future early 2nd round territory that is quite handy.

I'd still like to take at least 1 kid in the top 30 picks.

Worst case scenario - we use both picks.
I don't want to push them forward, I wan to use them this year.

The reason we are still in the chase for Warner is because we've likely still got the cap space and haven't traded out our F1.

And no chance I'd trade 10 for an F1 from anyone other than the Tigers. Id want at least a later 1st this year to go with it for most teams and significantly more than that from others.

I don't want to push them forward, I wan to use them this year.

The reason we are still in the chase for Warner is because we've likely still got the cap space and haven't traded out our F1.

And no chance I'd trade 10 for an F1 from anyone other than the Tigers. Id want at least a later 1st this year to go with it for most teams and significantly more than that from others.
This shit is too even to trust anyone to stay where they were this season. I’d only back west coast and richmond to be as shit or shorter.

Its all a game we want to low ball they want overs deal won't be 9 and 10 but will involve at least one of those.

There well be change going back one way but most likely late picks swapping with both teams thinking they won.

can't believe you arent used to it yet.
Deal wont be done before Friday next week.

Friday next week is extremely optimistic. It’ll be done but it’ll be done second last or last day of trade period.

No idea what people are on about saying Allan isn’t a player we should target. He can play most positions on the ground that aren’t key position, he’s a good athlete for his size and has already played plenty of footy against men. If we draft him he’ll be a solid contributor for us as soon as 2026.

Personally I wouldn’t have Allan as a top target. Got nothing to do with him not being a quality prospect, but I just think we have bigger needs. Allan doesn’t really offer much that Johnson, O’Driscoll and Erasmus don’t already give us.

Others around the same mark offer far better skills, speed or goal kicking. All things I would target first.

I’d probably trade that pick for a future first, target someone like Davis or Oliver with our first live pick and then Urquhart later as midfield depth - rather than just take Allan.

Personally I wouldn’t have Allan as a top target. Got nothing to do with him not being a quality prospect, but I just think we have bigger needs. Allan doesn’t really offer much that Johnson, O’Driscoll and Erasmus don’t already give us.

Others around the same mark offer far better skills, speed or goal kicking. All things I would target first.

I’d probably trade that pick for a future first, target someone like Davis or Oliver with our first live pick and then Urquhart later as midfield depth - rather than just take Allan.
Why trade for a future first if it will be used on Warner? Seems silly. Also isnt the draft next year worse?

I see small forward (x2) and HBF as what we should target tbh. Bolton is one small forward and one of Irish boys could be that HBF and that all happens before the draft even starts.

I think Allan will be better than all of Erasmus, Johnson and NOD tbh and would be surprised if he isn’t better than one of them.

As it stands I think all three of the above will be phased into the best 22 over the next two years (Johnson is probably already in there) unless we draft someone else. Fyfe and JOM will retire in that time and I think the club would delist Brodie tomorrow if he didn’t have a contract. Point is mids become reasonably important once we address small forwards - we’ll bring 15+ plays (probably conservative) onto the list in the next three years including the draft, trade, rookies etc. - we’ll take almost everything in that time.

As Ive said previously I haven’t seen everyone in this draft but I’ve seen a fair bit of Allan. I quite like reading your opinion on here btw but I’m not with you on this one unless there’s an insane amount of talent in the top 15 tbh. Allan to me looks as talented as previous WA draftees that have gone around 7-10 on draft day, in some cases more talented.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back