List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

That midfield he was an integral part of produced some serious, I mean crazy serious, clearance numbers. They're not doing that if he's a liability.

Agh I see, those absurd clearance numbers that led us to a.....let me check........bottom 8 finish.
As I said when the ball leaves contested areas he is a liability. especially defensively

Unless the eagles trade to grt better pick to offer

Who cares, the Swans can't trade Warner to the Eagles if he wants to come to Fremantle regardless of the picks. We won't miss out on Warner due to picks, we might due to salary which is why it's so important for the Tigers to pay part of Boltons.

That's very obviously a white lie, he hasnt heard anything he's allowed to go with or no one will give him anything with where it's all at.

Despite my made up stories years ago, there is no way they are sitting around twiddling their thumbs given the names linked to us and the haul we have. Nothing is off the table... yet
The Pickett optimism hehe!

Assuming Bolton is 9 and 16, there's nothing else significant enough to involve pick 10, and we don't trade pick 10 into the future: would you want us to trade down from 10? If yes, would you feel differently if we somehow managed to make it 10 and 16 (with significant steak knives going Richmond's way)?

It feels like that's around the first drop-off point (bearing in mind father-son and maybe academy): if you're holding a pick btwn 5 and 8 you're likely gonna get someone that a team in the top 3 was having a serious look at, but 9 and 10 maybe not so much.

It very much depends on list spots for me. Someone smarter than me must know how many we have? It seems like with no trade requests and no news on Emmett and Knobel yet, we might only have 1 or 2 after Bolton?

If I was to roughly separate the draft into groupings…

1A - picks 1 to 5
1B - picks 5 to 15
2 - picks 15 to 25

Again, depending on list spots (and barring someone I really like ‘sliding’) - I’d rather two picks between 15 and 25 than having one pick at say 13. So I would consider trading down pending what the board looks like.

Sure which is why I'm willing to play Mooroulette in the on night trading.

Move 10 this year into 5,6 or 7 next year, could be a corner stone for Warner or Pickett deal and comparable with what the dirty birds could offer or alternatively top 8 picks have served us well.
If he nominates us it doesn't matter what WC offer. Sydney have to take what we have.

Agh I see, those absurd clearance numbers that led us to a.....let me check........bottom 8 finish.
As I said when the ball leaves contested areas he is a liability. especially defensively
The midfield wasn't the main issue there by any stretch (albeit they missed a trick by not getting a higher dynamism into the midfield late in games, which could be accommodated with Fyfe still in the mix). Those mid numbers had us well and truly in the mix for top 4.

The main issue was late stage losses of Treacy, Darcy and to a lesser extent Pearce. It was moments here and there forward and back that cost us.

I mean Sharp kicks slightly straighter against Collingwood and we make finals. It's not in ridiculous realms to say the GWS game came down to two moments (O'Driscoll's shot & Banfield's 50) despite taking the 2nd youngest side across the country to a ground we've rarely played at.

More experience and depth is what we needed, at the end of the year especially. I'd argue those two sound be substantially improved next year... trade week playing some role, but there's plenty of natural growth regardless.

Cox is worth every cent of his contract, at his best he's one of the best in the business.
Probably length was to stop Adelaide clubs sending him sweet nothings.
Darcy not so much
How can you say those two statements with a straight face?

100%, there is no such thing as a bidding war for trades in terms of picks, the player will choose the team he wants to go to and that's that. If we move a pick into next year all we are doing is paying more than we need to trade wise for Warner if he chooses us.

We only need one first round pick in next years draft to be in the Warner conversation.

It’s a bit like this year. We have a ridiculous amount of R1 picks and therefore Bolton is going to cost a ridiculous price.

If we only had pick 10 this year, we’d still get Bolton. For pick 10. Richmond would just
have to accept less and suck it up.

Geelong are going to get smith on the cheap because they only have pick 15.
If they had pick 8 and pick 15, he would cost both of them most likely.

You can’t pay what you don’t have.

Use the picks this year.
Amen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy at his best is LEGIT one of the best rucks in the comp, whereas Cox needs Pearce next to him to perform at a high clip.
I'll go full nuffy, Darcy is comfortably the 2nd best ruck in the league when fit. No one else gives you stoppage dominace - you know, what you want a ruck for - like he does.

Consider that if WC finish dead last they will have Sydney over a barrel in terms of trade for Warner, Fremantle offering #16 will suddenly be enough. This is why I think Sydney would rather trade him this season.
Bird in the hand etc.

I'll go full nuffy, Darcy is comfortably the 2nd best ruck in the league when fit. No one else gives you stoppage dominace - you know, what you want a ruck for - like he does.
Not even full Nuffy.

Legit been arguing all morning with 4 of my mates who are dogs' fans who reckon English is better, English is good at things you don't need your ruck to be good at. Darcy is good at everything you need your ruck to be good at.

Dude controls stoppages and monster opposition rucks. If we get him healthy, we will be a force next season.

Him being seriously nobbled in the Essendon game cost us hugely. You'd comfortably back full strength Darcy controlling that last centre bounce easily, let alone controlling momentum earlier in the last.

Bolts is a down hill skier 🤔
He is not the Messiah 😭

Picket is the chosen 1.
Definitely worth 2 first rounders.
Freo need to somehow be manipulating the situation between Richmond and Melbourne to accept fair or unders.
😜

He’s an intercept tall. Like how May needs Lever.
I do feel like it's rough to judge Cox too intensely off this season as well.

Super hard for players to hit full form when they have an injury like he did and lose their training load from preseason. You start miles behind the 8-ball when you come in off a long-term injury when everyone else has had half a season to get firing.

If he looks like he did this year, next year I'll be getting concerned.

Not even full Nuffy.

Legit been arguing all morning with 4 of my mates who are dogs' fans who reckon English is better, English is good at things you don't need your ruck to be good at. Darcy is good at everything you need your ruck to be good at.

Dude controls stoppages and monster opposition rucks. If we get him healthy, we will be a force next season.
Looks like you've cornered the market for Dogs fans in WA.

Curious we've had not one interview anywhere from the club yet. There must be some serious machinations going on behind close doors they cant risk talking about yet.
or they’re just all at the pub

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back