List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolts is a down hill skier 🤔
He is not the Messiah 😭

Picket is the chosen 1.
Definitely worth 2 first rounders.
Freo need to somehow be manipulating the situation between Richmond and Melbourne to accept fair or unders.
😜

Pickett/Bolton in Grand Finals:

Disposals:
4/13.5
Tackles:
3/5.5
Score:
0/3.5 points

Not even full Nuffy.

Legit been arguing all morning with 4 of my mates who are dogs' fans who reckon English is better, English is good at things you don't need your ruck to be good at. Darcy is good at everything you need your ruck to be good at.

Dude controls stoppages and monster opposition rucks. If we get him healthy, we will be a force next season.
Yeah, no, better than English is a hill I'll die on and I dont think it's close. English is a sham of a ruck and just a dreamteam player. Dogs midfield would be terrifying with Darcy over English

Otherwise known as Wallsy's office
We need the return of the chronicles to learn who does the bag carrying these days? Is it Belly after his sideways shuffle?

Bolts is a down hill skier 🤔
He is not the Messiah 😭

Picket is the chosen 1.
Definitely worth 2 first rounders.
Freo need to somehow be manipulating the situation between Richmond and Melbourne to accept fair or unders.
😜
If Clarry is going the Geelong, can we get involved as a 3rd club trade to get Pickett and Oliver out with our picks and other picks coming back to us. Not sure how but there might be someone on here that might have a crack?

If he nominates us it doesn't matter what WC offer. Sydney have to take what we have.
That's not how it works, otherwise every trade would be a third rounder. What another club would offer if negotiations broke down is a factor in the price like it or not.
To get Warner we will need an offer that is the same or near enough in value to West Coasts 2025 first round pick plus some more. Two pick 15s isn't that.

That's not how it works, otherwise every trade would be a third rounder. What another club would offer if negotiations broke down is a factor in the price like it or not.
To get Warner we will need an offer that is the same or near enough in value to West Coasts 2025 first round pick plus some more. Two pick 15s isn't that.
I've yet to see or hear of any player that couldnt move to a club when out of contract and the club had access to two firsts.

Plus, you dont think some other club would have offered 4 times as much as Geelong did for Cameron if they could? Two firsts is the entrance price for any player

Curious we've had not one interview anywhere from the club yet. There must be some serious machinations going on behind close doors they cant risk talking about yet.

No advantage for us to talk now.

What could we say really. The more we talk about Shai, the more pressure on us to get the deal done.

Nobody is suggesting we get him for a third round pick, but there won't be a bidding war in terms of picks to get Warner. We don't need to be scrambling to match what West Coast might have when we will have access to at least two first round picks (25 and 26).

I agree but I think it's not their first pick, it's their first pick that could be traded - they won't offer pick #1 for a player who is out of contract for example.

It very much depends on list spots for me. Someone smarter than me must know how many we have? It seems like with no trade requests and no news on Emmett and Knobel yet, we might only have 1 or 2 after Bolton?

If I was to roughly separate the draft into groupings…

1A - picks 1 to 5
1B - picks 5 to 15
2 - picks 15 to 25

Again, depending on list spots (and barring someone I really like ‘sliding’) - I’d rather two picks between 15 and 25 than having one pick at say 13. So I would consider trading down pending what the board looks like.

I think this is still accurate.

Just putting this here, so I know how many list spots we have open and who is still out of contract.

We currently have 3 spots open. Ideally we get this to 6, before we look at bringing in anyone other than Bolton.

Gone
Ethan Hughes
Josh Corbett - spot taken by Voss
Matt Taberner
Sebit Kuek
Conrad Williams - Cat B
Ethan Stanley

Unknown
Max Knobel
Odin Jones
Tom Emmett

Adding Taylor's info, normally more reliable than mine

Current list profile has:
Total: 40 players
Primary list: 33 (also Emmett, Knobel out of contract)
Rookie List (A): 6 (Jones, Stanley out of contract)
Rookie List (B): 1

Currently,
3 national draft picks, 3 rookie draft picks.
to
5 national draft picks, 1 rookie draft picks.

If all out of contract players, do not re-sign.
So potentially 30 primary list players, 3x cat A rookies, 1x cat B rookies total.

5 national draft picks, 4 rookie draft picks.
to
7 national draft picks, 2 rookie draft picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but I think it's not their first pick, it's their first pick that could be traded - they won't offer pick #1 for a player who is out of contract for example.
Why this still? When has a club with two firsts been ruled out of an out of contract player?

Last edited:
I would agree with that, but they're not going to have pick 1 are they, short of God intervening on Richmond's behalf. At full strength they have enough senior talent to be winning 6, 7, 8 games+. Course they're only a couple of inside mid injuries from another 4 win 70% season, but we have to deal in the balance of probabilities.

Curious we've had not one interview anywhere from the club yet. There must be some serious machinations going on behind close doors they cant risk talking about yet.
Fremantle are a minnow club when it comes to the vic media. The footy public in Vic just aren’t interested in our list management or trades, especially if it’s a player being traded to freo instead of from Freo.

I’ve been a listener to gettable and road to the draft before that for about 5 or 6 years now.

I don’t recall a single time in that period that a list manager or recruiter from Fremantle has ever appeared as a guest on the show.

I swear the like of Kinnear Beatson and Jason Taylor have been on 5 or 6 times in that same timeframe.

The only exception is maybe a phone interview from the likes of Belly in the middle of trade week once or twice.

Fremantle are a minnow club when it comes to the vic media. The footy public in Vic just aren’t interested in our list management or trades, especially if it’s a player being traded to freo instead of from Freo.

I’ve been a listener to gettable and road to the draft before that for about 5 or 6 years now.

I don’t recall a single time in that period that a list manager or recruiter from Fremantle has ever appeared as a guest on the show.

I swear the like of Kinnear Beatson and Jason Taylor have been on 5 or 6 times in that same timeframe.

The only exception is maybe a phone interview from the likes of Belly in the middle of trade week once or twice.
Yeah, but I'd have expected something, anything on SEN WA or 6PR. Crickets

the Tim Kelly trade when he Was OOC would be a counter argument to your point here.
West coast paid through the nose for him despite him being never a chance to come to freo

We need the return of the chronicles to learn who does the bag carrying these days? Is it Belly after his sideways shuffle?
You keep hearing it more and more.

the Tim Kelly trade when he Was OOC would be a counter argument to your point here.
West coast paid through the nose for him despite him being never a chance to come to freo
Taylor has a particularly different opinion on WC trading. They've never been anything less than fair. Notoriously so even.

They'll hand over pick 2 or 3 next year for Warner without blinking

Feel like WC offer to Chad will blow us out of the water and we won’t be able to get close to matching it.
We cant match what WC will offer financially and yes, wont get close. Money is only ever a small part of the equation though and he's already been close to joining us once...

Why this still. When has a club with two firsts been ruled out of an out of contract player?
Its a very simple scenario really. It's Oct 2025. Warner wants to go home to Perth. Nominates Freo because he doesn't want to go to a team that's been in the bottom 4 for 4 seasons. Freo have pick 16 because we lost a prelim, and an F1. WC have 3 and and an F1 plus a high second. Our best offer therefor is basically 16 and 16. Now its a situation where Sydney can just flat out refuse to trade him to Freo on those terms and say to his management "Well he wants to go Perth, and he can still go, but he's going to WC unless you want a shitfight game of chicken about the PSD, or Freo cough up a player we want."

If one of our picks is top 8 or 10 then all this goes away.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back