List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion.

Is there a consensus on whether Freo would be prepared to make a serious bid on North's F1? Allowing you to get Warner next year, and for us to offer Port 2024 picks for Houston?

10 for your future first.
we can then use that for Bolton and keep 9 and everything else

Pardon the intrusion.

Is there a consensus on whether Freo would be prepared to make a serious bid on North's F1? Allowing you to get Warner next year, and for us to offer Port 2024 picks for Houston?

It’s been mentioned.

F1 for 10?

I’m unsure why we would feel the need to do it. It would just mean giving more for Chad when he’s out of contract. If there was a belief he would go to either club? Then perhaps, so we could compete with their offer, but usually the player picks the team.

Maybe we could do the work now for Pickett and will need the assets to complete both deals.

Pardon the intrusion.

To sum up
  • Some on here are open to it for the pure value gain. I imagine it's less Freo bidding and more North bidding for pick 9 or 10. Would be minimum straight swap IMO.
  • Most (including me) are 100% dead against moving stuff to next for Warner since no other club ever does that.
  • Freo would probably be open to it because we like doing stupid things.

To sum up
  • Some on here are open to it for the pure value gain. I imagine it's less Freo bidding and more North bidding for pick 9 or 10. Would be minimum straight swap IMO.
  • Most (including me) are 100% dead against moving stuff to next for Warner since no other club ever does that.
Thank you for your fair and balanced summary good sir.

To sum up

I don’t think it’s stupid, necessarily. It just provides flexibility for Pickett or anyone else that may want in.

Yes, if we do the F1 thing with North to then just give Swans 2 firsts, then we are beyond dumb.

If the market value North's future 1st as a top five pick and they'll give us that for our pick #10 then we can scrape extra value out of them in other trades.

#10 straight from us to Melbourne for Pickett but Melbourne see it as pick #4 for Pickett, and we also have a #22 on top of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAHAHA the AFL is ****ing cooked. How anyone thinks free agency compensation is a good thing is beyond me. Absolute joke of a competition when you have top ten picks diluted by Father/Son, Academy AND free agency.

It would be contentious diluting the draft even with superstars moving, but picks 3 and 8 have been handed out in consecutive years for bog average journeymen defenders Ben McKay and Josh Battle. Amateur league.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back