List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a pick 36 when all is said and done, we need to set expectations accordingly.

Better than pick 53. 😉

So, based on the guy who we drafted at 53…let me see here…doing some quick math here…. Simpson will be playing 323 games for us and kicking 513 goals for us.

I’ll take that. 😝😝

Better than pick 53. 😉

So, based on the guy who we drafted at 53…let me see here…doing some quick math here…. Simpson will be playing 323 games for us and kicking 513 goals for us.

I’ll take that. 😝😝
I was going say at pick 36, I would expect him to be better than Pearce, Cox, Darcy, Walters, Ryan, Schultz, Switta, Frederick, Wagner, Walker, Draper, Banfield & Treacy.
Did I miss anyone in our B23 that was drafted later than 36?

Last edited:
"Cooked" is a vague notion all too often used and proven wrong. Boak had been written off as cooked and had a pretty handy year. So has Cripps, Zorko and a bunch of others only to be repurposed and/or resurgent.

There's no guarantees of course. And every chance his role is even further reduced next year. But given the reduced runners and coaching soft cap, the role of experienced players as coaches is a highly valued commodity these days.
Maybe if we get to the big dance he can release all his deep-seated Sam Mitchell induced trauma and proceed to cork every opposition player?

Trade radio really do not give a crap about us.
I swear they have done a feature of some sort on every other afl club this week apart from Freo.
The five year audit
The deep dive
The brightside

Fremantle football club? Nothing.
Maybe it's cos Freo's got nothing interesting happening this off season.............................................................................................................

Trade radio really do not give a crap about us.
I swear they have done a feature of some sort on every other afl club this week apart from Freo.
The five year audit
The deep dive
The brightside

Fremantle football club? Nothing.
We don't deserve attention. The club is the biggest underperformer in the comp and a disgrace to Fremantle football heritage,

Wash my eyes out I know but what about:

Freo In: Bolton, 15 and 24
Out: 10 11 18 and 30

Rich In: 10 11 18
Out: Bolton Baker 24 33

Bris In: 30 and 33
Out: 20

WCE In: Baker 20
Out: 15

Richmond will argue that their late picks alone can get 20 from Brisbane but Brisbane can on-trade those picks in the 30s in separate deals and get even more picks.

Maybe WC have to throw in a bit more, swap of future picks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Pickett is playing for anyone other than Melbourne or Freo next year it’s a ****ing disaster. We have the currency to get this done. I can’t see us being outbid. So if he ends up at Port the only conclusion is the people running our club are ****ing morons.

If we miss on Pickett I’m hoping it’s because we have a cast iron guarantee from Chad that he will join us next year and we are using this years draft capital to trade in a F1st

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brodie stuff could be posturing. Decently likely that nobody wants him and we and Brodie aren't desperate enough to force the issue. Or we have to make it seem like we're not desperate. The stuff about just needing an opportunity to open up is a bs line though. There's like 5 players who didn't get midfield time this season who are ahead of Brodie in the pecking order, and they're basically all younger than Brodie.

The stuff about waiting to make a decision is probably more interesting. Clearest indication we have that there's stuff which we don't know if it'll happen or not, and have to prepare for all the possibilities. To hold 3 players in limbo because of that uncertainty you'd think means there's a fair amount up in the air.
Wouldn't it be an absolute embarrassment if Brodie comes in and kills it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back