List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt the negotiations around Bolton are going all that badly, I honestly think we've already reached a deal, but the AFL wants to keep it quiet to draw out the drama.

It seems like a fairly straightforward deal. 10 and 11 for Bolton, that's what it will be now, or whatever those two picks end up ballooning out to.

I doubt the negotiations around Bolton are going all that badly, I honestly think we've already reached a deal, but the AFL wants to keep it quiet to draw out the drama.

It seems like a fairly straightforward deal. 10 and 11 for Bolton, that's what it will be now.
You are bizarre. You've gone to shouting it's 9 and 16 to now jumping to 10/11 immediately

You are bizarre. You've gone to shouting it's 9 and 16 to now jumping to 10/11 immediately
I never said I wanted 10 and 11 did I? At the end of the day I think that's what's going to happen. I want 9 and 16 as much as the next guy, I don't think that's happening anymore. Our picks have ballooned out too much.

Remember, big difference between what we want and what will happen.

I never said I wanted 10 and 11 did I? At the end of the day I think that's what's going to happen. I want 9 and 16 as much as the next guy, I don't think that's happening anymore. Our picks have ballooned out too much.

I'm pretty comfortable either way, even if I really want to take 11 to the draft but you've just done a complete 180 because the picks moved marginally.

I'm pretty comfortable either way, even if I really want to take 11 to the draft but you've just done a complete 180 because the picks moved marginally.
I've done a 180 because as much as I hold out hope that it ends up being our earliest and latest first round picks, I just can't see it happening now, I have to let go of the denial.

Agreed - when reading the start of his post I didn’t expect him to go a deal has been reached at 10/11. Wallsy has already come out and said if that is the price they will walk away.

Negotiations are well down the track. The initial Freo offering only 9 have now progressed to 10+18 and Richmond wanting 10+11 and Walls coming out saying it won’t be 10+11. So they now haggle on the missing pieces to keep Richmond happy. Those pieces will include current and future second and third round picks to swap/upgrade etc.

Most of us knew the picks would slide a bit. Sure the clubs were also aware. The picks are still effectively 10 and 11 even if they slide further because any bids on draft night don't really matter as those players were never really available (Ashcroft, Kako etc.).

Actually jealous of Richmond’s draft strategy. Best way to do it tbh. Just push everyone out.
West Coast should’ve done this in 2020.

Baker - pick 13
Graham - second round pick?
Bolton - 9 and another first round.
Rioli - pick 6 and second round ?

Very handy draft hand.

Could actually go one better and split pick 1 for 2 first rounders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance the Bolton deal is 10, 11 (actually 12, 13 by draft night) with next years second rounder coming back (pick 19 likely before compo picks etc)?

I’m starting to think our first and 3rd picks won’t be enough and it will have to be the first 2 with something back, but they might want to keep 21 this year.

Any chance the Bolton deal is 10, 11 (actually 12, 13 by draft night) with next years second rounder coming back (pick 19 likely before compo picks etc)?

I’m starting to think our first and 3rd picks won’t be enough and it will have to be the first 2 with something back, but they might want to keep 21 this year.
I'm close to certain that the Bolton trade will go like this, They'll ask for 10 and 11. We will say no, but how about 11 and 18? They'll say no. Then we will go, how about 10 and 18, and they will go, yeah, that sounds okay but give us a little more.

Then it will end up being 10 and 18 plus a swap of later picks and we all walk away happy.

I'm close to certain that the Bolton trade will go like this, They'll ask for 10 and 11. We will say no, but how about 11 and 18? They'll say no. Then we will go, how about 10 and 18, and they will go, yeah, that sounds okay but give us a little more.

Then it will end up being 10 and 18 plus a swap of later picks and we all walk away happy.
Adding to this, although 10 and 18 are a big price for Bolton, he is going to transform how our forward line functions. It's like slotting prime Sonny in there. He's a major threat in the air, whilst also being one of the most damaging players in the comp at ground level. His 2022 was absurd and I think in the right system he can better that.

We would've finished top 4 and contended fo the flag this year if we had Bolton in our forward pocket. 0 Chance we lose against Port, Blues, Pies and Essendon with him.

Actually jealous of Richmond’s draft strategy. Best way to do it tbh. Just push everyone out.
West Coast should’ve done this in 2020.

Probably a bit generous to call it a ‘strategy’. Play really bad and then recruit and develop so poorly that your few good players want to leave.

Probably a bit generous to call it a ‘strategy’. Play really bad and then recruit and develop so poorly that your few good players want to leave.
It is also super over-glorified cause it's the Tigs, I said to a mate the other day that they're either drafting a third of their next premiership side or they are about to become the biggest draft meme of the modern era.

I think it's more likely the later.

It is also super over-glorified cause it's the Tigs, I said to a mate the other day that they're either drafting a third of their next premiership side or they are about to become the biggest draft meme of the modern era.

I think it's more likely the later.
seems a pretty hard draft to stuff up though

unless their development sucks

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back